Ubuntu 12-04 LTS ..Where buy a copy ?

Ubuntu 12/04 hard to get !

I've an old 9/04 installed, still good but useless when going online, and I gave up with the 12/04 ISO download after many installation attempts, maybe just because a basic Globe land connection not so stable... Anyone can provide a good installation cd? Gratitude guaranteed and pasalubong..:-)

Jim in Cebu

I'll try to download a copy of 12.04 LTS for you.  Do you need the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

Are you located in north Cebu Province or north Cebu City?

--

Updated Tuesday evening: 

I downloaded the 32-bit version last night (guessing from your post that you are running older, 32-bit hardware), but I could get the 64-bit version if you need it.

Since you are a new member and don't have PM (private message) privileges yet, I'm not sure how I (or other members) can arrange to get it to you.  [Paul [admin], do you have any suggestions?]

Edited by Jim in Cebu

You are using BitTorrent right?

Shouldn't be a problem. I use Ubuntu 12.04 and have downloaded the iso on Globe in Cebu a couple times (32bit and 64bit).

Could download it for you if needed, just give me a PM not sure if jim is arranging it for you already and knows your personally

If you downoad it with a  bittorrent client, it can handle dropped connections, bad data, etc. It may take a while with a slow connection, but in the long run you can get it done. Better to learn how to do it yourself then you can do it in the future if you need to.

Let us know 32 or 64 bit and we can get you the right torrent torrent file to use.

You might want to set up your repositories to use "testing" instead of the "stable" release. I do this in debian and it keeps you up to date and rarely has major issues. Also you never need to do an upgrade as it keeps you one step off the bleeding edge. You just need to occasionally apply the updates through synaptic or other packaging software. Ubuntu is built on debian.

Jim in Cebu

Could download it for you if needed, just give me a PM not sure if jim is arranging it for you already and knows your personally

Titian is a new user with only 3 posts -- so he won't have PM privileges, and I'm not sure how he will be able to connect with any of us.  (See the update on post #2.)  [i don't know Titian personally, but like you, I'm just trying to help.]

--

Some other posters suggested he use bittorrent to download.  That may or may not be a valid option for him depending on his location and situation.  I've been to some areas (and even occasionally here in Mandaue City) where DSL connections were running at dial-up speeds and were unstable.  (Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often here at our MC apartment anymore -- however, I can really sympathize for others in that situation.)

Jim

Edited by Jim in Cebu
  • 2 weeks later...

Much thanks to all you replied my post..! And sorry to be late but as just said don't have connection any more and I'm checking my contacts from an internet cafe'...

Thanks to Jim in cebu he got exactly the problem how it is.  Anyway I've an old 32 bit pc, so the 12-04LTS  I need to install would be 32b desktop.

And about how to get in contact, my house is in Tayud north Consolacion, nearer to Liloan. I would do something easy like just post here my cell number or mail address , but I know am not allowed yet as new member, and find this is right as general rule.

So how to get the installation cd kindly provided by Jim in Cebu or LRK ?? Really don't know.. maybe, Jim and LRK, is there a meeting at short sight where I could come to meet..? Thanks anyway

I'm willing to help you out for sure. but my problem as of now is i'm housebound due to a broken foot.

Don't really move around anymore haha sorry hope jim can help.

If you're really in a hunch let me know i'll download and you could pick it up at my place (mactan)

Jim in Cebu

Much thanks to all you replied my post..! And sorry to be late but as just said don't have connection any more and I'm checking my contacts from an internet cafe'...

Thanks to Jim in cebu he got exactly the problem how it is.  Anyway I've an old 32 bit pc, so the 12-04LTS  I need to install would be 32b desktop.

And about how to get in contact, my house is in Tayud north Consolacion, nearer to Liloan. I would do something easy like just post here my cell number or mail address , but I know am not allowed yet as new member, and find this is right as general rule.

So how to get the installation cd kindly provided by Jim in Cebu or LRK ?? Really don't know.. maybe, Jim and LRK, is there a meeting at short sight where I could come to meet..? Thanks anyway

Hi Titan,

Good to hear from you...

I'm located in north Mandaue City, so I'm a lot closer to you than LRK.

I'll contact Paul, the website admin, to see if he can relay my email address to you so that we can coordinate getting the the disk to you.  If this works out, I'll expect to get an email from you.  If it doesn't work out, I'll try to find another workaround and post again.

Jim

I will just give the new member full access so you (Jim) and he may communicate through the forums.

HTH

Jim in Cebu

I will just give the new member full access so you (Jim) and he may communicate through the forums.

HTH

Thanks.  I've PM'd Titian and will try to arrange getting the disk to him tomorrow.

Jim in Cebu

Hi Titian,

I PM'd (personal message) you.  Click on the envelope icon at the very top of the webpage to access your messages.

I arranged to leave the disk for you at a business near the National Road so that you can easily get it at your convenience on one of your trips into Mandaue City or Cebu.  Details are in the PM.

I hope this helps.  Please PM me if you need additional assistance.

Best wishes,

Jim