How Much Privacy Are You Willing To Give Up?

JasonEcos

tom_shor

speaking of having a mole i heard your hemorrhoids are on y tube 

Like the mountains on the moon baby. Man that's a zoom.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JasonEcos

• SomeRandomGuy

• jtmwatchbiz

• OzGuy43

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orwell wrote his book in 1949. I was born in 1949. Coincidence? I think not...       

There used to be firm guidelines in place to prevent the abuse of power. They were called the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Unfortunately, people no longer think these guidelines are important.

just look at youtube or facebook or any other of the numerous ways people put themselves out there   forget the government taking away people's privacy   they can't wait to give it away all on the

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz

Alas, like so many other threads this one is breaking down into petty bickering.

yes unfortunately it gets tiring when some attention craving troll persistently bashes America and then takes offense when his distorted and ill-informed opinions are rejected. it's also unfortunate that the same pain in the ass drama queen needs to troll on the forum complaining about newly created funds disrupting existing threads and creating new ones to disrupt well-intended members that are working hard and pledging their monetary support for a worthy cause merely because he feels the thread and cause isn't about him. this behavior is not at all typical to the aussies i know and for him to utter some swill like "us aussies" is an insult to his fellow countrymen and i'm sure not many of them would approve of his self-appointed spokesman role.  

i sure hope he comes downstairs so this can be settled properly as i and quite a few others here have alot to discuss with him... 

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

yes unfortunately it gets tiring when some attention craving troll persistently bashes America and then takes offense when his distorted and ill-informed opinions are rejected. it's also unfortunate that the same pain in the ass drama queen needs to troll on the forum complaining about newly created funds disrupting existing threads and creating new ones to disrupt well-intended members that are working hard and pledging their monetary support for a worthy cause merely because he feels the thread and cause isn't about him. this behavior is not at all typical to the aussies i know and for him to utter some swill like "us aussies" is an insult to his fellow countrymen and i'm sure not many of them would approve of his self-appointed spokesman role. 

i sure hope he comes downstairs so this can be settled properly as i and quite a few others here have alot to discuss with him... 

Is that a threat dude?    cause you are so barking up the wrong tree....

It's a forum and I have as much right to my views and opinons as much as you are.

Don't think I have ever claimed I am a spokesperson for my country..... we have elections for that.

I don't even know why I am even validating your self importance by even replying to such a comment.

As i have already told you if you find my posts distasteful and unsavory to your sensative pallet... then please feel free to ignore them.

As I have stated I in general, ignore most of your posts even though you do often post good information you do have a habbit of attacking people.

As for trolling.....hmmm don't think I have hijacked even a small percentage comparatively to what you yourself have achieved.

In fact the page you are refering to was set up so those that were displeased by a statement that if we wernt in cebu we could feck off and only started that so the original thread did not get hijacked( hence thought i was doing the thread a service as people like yourself do tend to go off the deep end with personal attacks)

Don't stress comming down stairs ... why on earth would I even bother.... I don't make threats my sweetheart

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Don't stress comming down stairs ... why on earth would I even bother.... I don't make threats my sweetheart

you feel threatened? i guess you don't know what "coming downstairs" means in LINC jargon but relax no one is going to make you wet your pants again or give you a wedgie. 

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

ha     funny....  comming down stairs mean something else where I come from

and no I have no idea what comming down stairs in LINC jargon means

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
HeyMike

Downstairs is referring to the secret chambers located in the bowels of LinC. It's where the real parties are held. You have to know the secret knock before they will let you into either chamber bowel. Maybe jtmwatch can give you the secret knock.... oh, don't forget to say "Joe sent me" when and if you make it there.

• Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

Alas, like so many other threads this one is breaking down into petty bickering.

Yes twittle dee and twittle dumb are on quite a roll again. I guess it just proves that money does not buy one class... Little to add to the topic excepts constant insults to members and constant personal attacks while steadily trying to send another thread into the trash bin. Frankly it is sad and rather pathetic.

I do not like that big brother being unceasingly invasive. But the criminal and subversive elements have caused much of this. The transferring of large sums of cash by these elements now make all large sums of money being transferred suspicious. Now they seize these fund without question and makes the owners prove these funds are legitimate. Bureaucracies heavy with incompetence and affirmative action make serious mistakes and poor judgement calls. Criminal elements now make us live in bared cubicles with multiple locks on the doors, and make us fear to step out of our homes late at night. I remember living near down town Houston as a youth sleeping at night with open windows and hook latched screen doors. There was no fear that you would face a home invasion. As children our mothers would say, "be home before dark." as we stepped out the homes to play and explore life. I remember taking my young son to Houston International airport to ride the tram and walk through the different terminals and eat in the food courts. There were no metal detectors, body scanners, and need of a boarding pass to enter and leave the different terminals.

Those days are gone forever. We fear the big brother encroachment yet would blame big brother for not doing more if other large scale mass deaths occurred from international or domestic terrorism. We want the blood shed of the drug trades and gang violence, yet  how do you stop it? You catch them and they still go free, they slip back and forth between borders and can not even be questioned if they are legal or illegal. There are no 3-taps of ruby slipper heals and be magically transformed back to the "Land of Black and White", and Jeannie and Samantha can not just twitch a nose or nod a head and make things return as they once were. Pandora's box is open and the threats are real. Catch them and they are released on technicalities and most go relatively unpunished. The system is twisted and distorted and all is steadily descending into a social spiral of decay. There has been too much incompetence and complacency for too long. The piper still has to be paid even though we were duped and the puppet masters are still pulling the strings my fellow marionette and we all lose in the end. There is no Emerald city or yellow brick roads but the evil witches are real.

And now comes the silly retorts.....     

• Like 2

Never read it but i've heard it's eerily similar to whats happening today.

I'm pretty sure its legal in the states now for cops, soldiers, homeland security and probably any other government agency to enter your home whenever they like, take you away and lock you up indefinately, all without any charges being laid. I think Obama called it preventative detention. Nice hey? I hear some rumours about gun control now in the US, anybody know whats going on there?

You are kidding, right?

Where have you been for the last 5 years? Under a rock?

Nope, and not living in a fantasy land either.  The US dollar has not crashed yet, and only someone who is gullible believes that it will any time soon.

You are kidding, right?

No I'm not kidding. But I must admit it certainly sounds like a joke.  The Insane part of Obama's speech when he announced this was how he was harping on about how lawless Bush's government was. 

JasonEcos

.I do not like that big brother being unceasingly invasive. But the criminal and subversive elements have caused much of this. The transferring of large sums of cash by these elements now make all large sums of money being transferred suspicious. Now they seize these fund without question and makes the owners prove these funds are legitimate. Bureaucracies heavy with incompetence and affirmative action make serious mistakes and poor judgement calls. Criminal elements now make us live in bared cubicles with multiple locks on the doors, and make us fear to step out of our homes late at night. I remember living near down town Houston as a youth sleeping at night with open windows and hook latched screen doors. There was no fear that you would face a home invasion. As children our mothers would say, "be home before dark." as we stepped out the homes to play and explore life. I remember taking my young son to Houston International airport to ride the tram and walk through the different terminals and eat in the food courts. There were no metal detectors, body scanners, and need of a boarding pass to enter and leave the different terminals.

Those days are gone forever. We fear the big brother encroachment yet would blame big brother for not doing more if other large scale mass deaths occurred from international or domestic terrorism. We want the blood shed of the drug trades and gang violence, yet  how do you stop it? You catch them and they still go free, they slip back and forth between borders and can not even be questioned if they are legal or illegal. There are no 3-taps of ruby slipper heals and be magically transformed back to the "Land of Black and White", and Jeannie and Samantha can not just twitch a nose or nod a head and make things return as they once were. Pandora's box is open and the threats are real. Catch them and they are released on technicalities and most go relatively unpunished. The system is twisted and distorted and all is steadily descending into a social spiral of decay. There has been too much incompetence and complacency for too long. The piper still has to be paid even though we were duped and the puppet masters are still pulling the strings my fellow marionette and we all lose in the end. There is no Emerald city or yellow brick roads but the evil witches are real.

I agree with most of what you said. Its just worrisome that it is becoming harder to differentiate between the bad guys and the guys that are supposed to protect us from the bad guys.

Personally I'm all for capital punishment when proven without a doubt (caught in the act, admitted to the crime, etc). Stop using our resources to provide for criminals and just wipe them out of the gene pool. Perhaps people would be less inclined to commit crimes if they knew there was a decent chance they get a bullet in the head a week later. Of course this only applies to serious crimes. I see a lot of people say "thats horrible, we should just jail them" To those type of people I say "Ok, you pay for it." Those that are against capital punishment can sponsor theit own inmates and provide for them whilst jailed. I'm willing to bet not many people volunteer. 

I'd also like to see laws in place, and enforced, that limit lies the government tells us. Its so common it is expected. Have something like a "3 strikes and you're out" type of deal. If a politician, police, etc commit a crime they need to be held to at least the same standard as the rest of us...I personally feel they should be held to a stricter standard since we place our trust in them and they betrayed that trust.

As for terrorists.  They just rank pretty low on my list of things to worry about. Far more people die from simple stuff like car accidents, drowning, accidental poisoning, etc. But having a campaign against heart disease doesn't give the government the chance for a power grab. Making people think a terrorist is behind every bush does.

As you said, the system is twisted. It needs to be straightened out.

• Like 1

I agree with most of what you said. Its just worrisome that it is becoming harder to differentiate between the bad guys and the guys that are supposed to protect us from the bad guys.

Personally I'm all for capital punishment when proven without a doubt (caught in the act, admitted to the crime, etc). Stop using our resources to provide for criminals and just wipe them out of the gene pool. Perhaps people would be less inclined to commit crimes if they knew there was a decent chance they get a bullet in the head a week later. Of course this only applies to serious crimes. I see a lot of people say "thats horrible, we should just jail them" To those type of people I say "Ok, you pay for it." Those that are against capital punishment can sponsor theit own inmates and provide for them whilst jailed. I'm willing to bet not many people volunteer. 

I'd also like to see laws in place, and enforced, that limit lies the government tells us. Its so common it is expected. Have something like a "3 strikes and you're out" type of deal. If a politician, police, etc commit a crime they need to be held to at least the same standard as the rest of us...I personally feel they should be held to a stricter standard since we place our trust in them and they betrayed that trust.

As for terrorists.  They just rank pretty low on my list of things to worry about. Far more people die from simple stuff like car accidents, drowning, accidental poisoning, etc. But having a campaign against heart disease doesn't give the government the chance for a power grab. Making people think a terrorist is behind every bush does.

As you said, the system is twisted. It needs to be straightened out.

Great post. Politics without lies and politicians held accountable for all the bullshit they shovel at us. It would be a different world. They are so blatant about it now that I'm sure they have 'professional liar' as a major strength on their CV's.

• Like 1

How much privacy are you willing to give up in the name of security?

There is a vast difference between a loss of privacy and a loss of anonymity, but they are commonly conflated. See below for more.

None.  Unless a warrant has been issued by a neutral magistrate upon a showing of probable cause, my private papers, my private communications, my home, my car are all inviolate.  My country's security does not depend on being able to read its citizens' private papers at will, or it is a country not worth having.

Do not confuse public activity that you would prefer to keep private with the right to privacy.  If you are on the street, or in a public place, you have zero expectation of privacy.  Anyone who can see what you are doing can record it.  If you are in a bar being naughty, don't complain if your face shows up on the internet.  Same for posts here.

But if you are asking about government snooping: oh hell no!

Never read it but i've heard it's eerily similar to whats happening today.

I'm pretty sure its legal in the states now for cops, soldiers, homeland security and probably any other government agency to enter your home whenever they like, take you away and lock you up indefinately, all without any charges being laid. I think Obama called it preventative detention. Nice hey? I hear some rumours about gun control now in the US, anybody know whats going on there?

Well, since you say you are not kidding, I must tell you that you have ZERO understanding of the law in the US.  You are "pretty sure"?   I am absolutely sure.  Cops, soldiers, etc cannot come into our homes whenever they like and lock us up indefinitely.  

With all due respect, you would be best served reserving your assertions of fact to topics where you actually know something.  Otherwise, you come off looking ... well I don't know another way to say it... ignorant.  You don't want that, do you?  

BTW, you should probably also actually read the book before you comment on it, don't you think?  Honestly, how can you expect anyone to place any value on your opinions when they are not based on knowledge or experience?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

ignorant arrogant 

six of one half dozen of the other