How Much Privacy Are You Willing To Give Up?

JasonEcos

tom_shor

well my take on all this stuff and the world we live in is..... smokey is more worried about the price of milk and gas and if someone want to see me take a dump well to each his own 

By the way you should get that mole looked at.

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JasonEcos

• SomeRandomGuy

• jtmwatchbiz

• OzGuy43

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orwell wrote his book in 1949. I was born in 1949. Coincidence? I think not...       

There used to be firm guidelines in place to prevent the abuse of power. They were called the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Unfortunately, people no longer think these guidelines are important.

just look at youtube or facebook or any other of the numerous ways people put themselves out there   forget the government taking away people's privacy   they can't wait to give it away all on the

Posted Images

tom_shor

I certainly don't want to sound alarmist and I seriously hope that I am wrong about all this but fact upon fact is mounting up and in my mind it's all leading to global chaos. So much of what is happening in the West today has never been seen before so it makes it all the more difficult to plan for as there is no such history of these events to give us an indication of what to plan against. Maybe there is nothing we can do. Who knows? Only the families pulling the strings.

TheRomans had a similar problem toward the end. Their currency was so debased that the government would not accept it for the payment of taxes. When a government won't accept it's own money you know you got trouble. Buy guns and food.

tom_shor

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

My point exactly.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

Well my life is an open book. I do not have money to hide, or bad habits to exploit, or engage in criminal activities to hide, or associate with subversive elements. I'm just a boring over-qualified farmer enjoying clean living and family life in paradise . I do not care if people see my facebook photos, watch my facebook videos, nor if people know my name, address, or phone number. If someone wants to try to steal my identity or steal my credit line than power to them and I hope they have better success with it than me. I really do not know why anyone would spend much time watching or following my life. Other than the strange creepy fixation shown by Ian and Fred (aka "Twittle Dee & Twittle" Dumb or the "Twit Twins") lately there is really no reason for anyone to care what i do or have done. There is a certain freedom in that and life is so much less stressful.

I appreciate that many or most members must or simply wish to mask themselves but the paranoia and stress of that is something I certainly do not miss.  

• Like 1
MarinePride

agreed. it's not as the OP views as "willing" to give up. aside from moving to another country you really don't have a choice. however, it's kind of silly to think next is going to be cams in changing rooms, cars and homes. 

The technology is there to spy on you in your own home right now.  Your cellphone can eavesdrop on your conversations and your XBox with Kinect can watch you.  Your laptop camera can watch you too.  No doubt the gov't can target an individual of interest with amazing intel gathering capability if so desired. 

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Other than the strange creepy fixation shown by Ian and Fred (aka "Twittle Dee & Twittle" Dumb or the "Twit Twins") lately there is really no reason for anyone to care what i do or have done. There is a certain freedom in that and life is so much less stressful.

i would have to agree with you on this one james. how i wish i was like you. why...most others who constantly talk about their days of glory that have long passed and are now living from month to month on govt. disability checks despite claiming to have many degrees from higher institutions that should in most cases enable the individual to earn at least a decent living for his family would be called losers or has-beens. not you tho...you are special and in most of your posts you kindly remind all viewers of that, and it is these posts that people like me, who altho are merely small cogs within a large family run criminal enterprise, are vicariously warned off from becoming a ward of the state and sidestepping the stressful responsibility of day to day work to feed our families.     

james...please keep up with the self-aggrandizing has-been swill, as little people like me who are otherwise not worthy, still depend on it for inspiration to not let the same thing happen to ourselves.

How much privacy are you willing to give up in the name of security?

None.  Unless a warrant has been issued by a neutral magistrate upon a showing of probable cause, my private papers, my private communications, my home, my car are all inviolate.  My country's security does not depend on being able to read its citizens' private papers at will, or it is a country not worth having.

Do not confuse public activity that you would prefer to keep private with the right to privacy.  If you are on the street, or in a public place, you have zero expectation of privacy.  Anyone who can see what you are doing can record it.  If you are in a bar being naughty, don't complain if your face shows up on the internet.  Same for posts here.

But if you are asking about government snooping: oh hell no!

smokey

By the way you should get that mole looked at.

speaking of having a mole i heard your hemorrhoids are on y tube 

• Like 1

I think its too late too stop them and apparantly their technology is a generation ahead of that is available to the voting public. The war on terror is a smokescreen to bring in an Orwell 1984 type of society which at least by  living here one can avoid.

I respectfully disagree.  It seems we are discussing the US government here, but I think the focus is wrong.  The Bush/Cheney "perpetual state of emergency" model has been soundly rejected by the American electorate at the polls, and will continue to be.  Witness the outrage over the NSA leaks.

I would suggest that the real data mining is being done by Big Corp, whose reach is arguably much farther and more insidious than that of any government.  The mining seems benign, but Big Corp's ultimate goal is to suck your life blood for its own profit.

Do you erase your cookies?

Does anybody living in the Philippines have any contingency plans if, or more appropriately, when the US dollar crashes? US debt is out of control and I'm quite positive that it will have a major correction soon effecting the Western economy in a big way. Maybe this is slightly of topic so mods, please move it to the appropriate area if need be.

If the US Dollar crashes, the entire world economy crashes.  That will not happen.

TheRomans had a similar problem toward the end. Their currency was so debased that the government would not accept it for the payment of taxes. When a government won't accept it's own money you know you got trouble. Buy guns and food.

Interesting. I watched a video on you tube recently where a bloke in the states was attempting to pay his mortgage with cash. Almost two grands worth. The teller and bank manager refused to accept it. Weird.

If the US Dollar crashes, the entire world economy crashes.  That will not happen.

Thats wrong. Only the economies tied in with the US dollar will crash.  Although having said that, maybe the guys orchestrating all this want a world economic collapse? And a world war. World government. World currency. The list goes on. 

• Like 2
SomeRandomGuy

u need to read the play or book but george Orwel    called 1984          

if you have then I am with you

• Like 1
thebob

Where have you been for the last 5 years? Under a rock?

u need to read the play or book but george Orwel    called 1984          

if you have then I am with you

Never read it but i've heard it's eerily similar to whats happening today.

I'm pretty sure its legal in the states now for cops, soldiers, homeland security and probably any other government agency to enter your home whenever they like, take you away and lock you up indefinately, all without any charges being laid. I think Obama called it preventative detention. Nice hey? I hear some rumours about gun control now in the US, anybody know whats going on there?