How Much Privacy Are You Willing To Give Up?

JasonEcos

smokey

well my take on all this stuff and the world we live in is..... smokey is more worried about the price of milk and gas and if someone want to see me take a dump well to each his own 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JasonEcos

• SomeRandomGuy

• jtmwatchbiz

• OzGuy43

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orwell wrote his book in 1949. I was born in 1949. Coincidence? I think not...       

There used to be firm guidelines in place to prevent the abuse of power. They were called the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Unfortunately, people no longer think these guidelines are important.

just look at youtube or facebook or any other of the numerous ways people put themselves out there   forget the government taking away people's privacy   they can't wait to give it away all on the

Posted Images

JasonEcos

well my take on all this stuff and the world we live in is..... smokey is more worried about the price of milk and gas and if someone want to see me take a dump well to each his own 

In essence I agree...but...

My family has vacationed in the area where they did this. For all I know they may have video of my underage nieces changing. I'm usually all for "to each his own" but not with something like that.

Also how does stuff like this affect the economy? They are spending massive amounts of money on spying programs and wars while we are getting further and further in debt. Then they just print more money as a temporary fix.  Would milk and gas be more affordable if our tax money was spent more wisely? Maybe they could cut back on gas taxes, and such.

HeyMike

America has gone too far and will never turn back now. It is no longer "We the people....", it is now "We the government....".

Does anybody living in the Philippines have any contingency plans if, or more appropriately, when the US dollar crashes? US debt is out of control and I'm quite positive that it will have a major correction soon effecting the Western economy in a big way. Maybe this is slightly of topic so mods, please move it to the appropriate area if need be.

JasonEcos

Does anybody living in the Philippines have any contingency plans if, or more appropriately, when the US dollar crashes? US debt is out of control and I'm quite positive that it will have a major correction soon effecting the Western economy in a big way. Maybe this is slightly of topic so mods, please move it to the appropriate area if need be.

If mods are ok with it being in this thread, then so am I. I see it as part of the same problem...a government out of control.

Sadly I'm lacking a contingency plan. About 90% of my income is from the US. We are working on getting income from other countries, and expanding into other fields, but if the dollar were to crash today...then you might be seeing another kano walking around Ayala asking for money ;)

I certainly don't want to sound alarmist and I seriously hope that I am wrong about all this but fact upon fact is mounting up and in my mind it's all leading to global chaos. So much of what is happening in the West today has never been seen before so it makes it all the more difficult to plan for as there is no such history of these events to give us an indication of what to plan against. Maybe there is nothing we can do. Who knows? Only the families pulling the strings.

• Like 1
JasonEcos

I certainly don't want to sound alarmist and I seriously hope that I am wrong about all this but fact upon fact is mounting up and in my mind it's all leading to global chaos. So much of what is happening in the West today has never been seen before so it makes it all the more difficult to plan for as there is no such history of these events to give us an indication of what to plan against. Maybe there is nothing we can do. Who knows? Only the families pulling the strings.

I'm of the same opinion.  I truly hope the US rights itself, and things get better (I'm from there, my family lives there, my income is derived from there,etc) but the current path we are on isn't making me feel very confident. Will it happen this year? Doubt it. But whos to say where we will be in a few years... or decades.

Making a contingency plan is prudent, nothing alarmist about it.  Never a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket, especially if that basket looks to be developing holes..  If the dollar does go down I hope it holds off another 5yrs (10 would be nicer) because we would be in a better position by then.

lol 

here are your rights 

pay taxes and die at the end 

those are your rights and they are not taking those a way 

everything else is a privilege 

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

just look at youtube or facebook or any other of the numerous ways people put themselves out there

forget the government taking away people's privacy

they can't wait to give it away all on their own

they want to be famous so badly

• Like 3
JasonEcos

just look at youtube or facebook or any other of the numerous ways people put themselves out there

Quite true for many people. But many others are not like that. I for one do not wish to be recorded while going to the bathroom, etc...even if it were to make me famous.

Headshot

Paranoia?

:itsokay:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

• Like 2
Headshot

You really need to keep an eye on the "law of unintended consequences" (in its broadest sense) if you put too much out there.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2