DelMusslewhite

if your wife is American citizen  and your children,  it is required to have a return ticket. when you entered Philippine Immigration they will look for your return ticket. before they stamp your Balikbayan visa.  but if she is a Dual citizen and your children, no need for a return ticket. I have been through that process.  I live in Houston Texas for 25 years.  I  become American Citizen, I return here in the Philippines 2008. when I  come through  Philippine  Immigration the officer ask my return ticket and my 13 years old  Son, before the officer stamp my Balikbayan visa. 

then before 1 year is over my  Son and I  went to Manila and filed for Dual Citizen, now I have been back to Houston 2 times and only one way ticket, never been  ask by Immigration officer  for my return ticket  Since i become Dual citizen. Just to make sure you ask your ticket  agent about your status. most of them know,  that you need return ticket not, especially travelling abroad.

Edited by DelMusslewhite

Skyman-I was permanent resident from 2001 to 2006,We left the Philippines in 2006 for the US and have travelled back to the Pinas for up to 6 months at a time.I was not aware that I kept PR without probably doing some kind of paperwork and fees before leaving in 2006.Which I did not do.

Lee is quite correct.  BBs don't need an onward ticket but since airlines don't know the details of this you need to have a copy of the law and the address online to that info or they won't let you on without the onward ticket.

OP:  My question for you is how you lost your permanent residency, I assume you were 13A right?  Permanent residency is permanent.  Your ACR card may have expired but if you had PR you still do unless you somehow renounced it or something. I would look into just getting a new ACR card after you arrive.

I'm not sure where you see that.

Headshot

Skyman-I was permanent resident from 2001 to 2006,We left the Philippines in 2006 for the US and have travelled back to the Pinas for up to 6 months at a time.I was not aware that I kept PR without probably doing some kind of paperwork and fees before leaving in 2006.Which I did not do.

You have to do the annual report each year to keep your permanent resident status intact. It is supposed to be done in January or February, but if you are out of the country at that time, they will accept a late report. If you go two or three years without a report, your permanent resident status goes away. At least...that's the way I understand it.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Foreigner spouses who avail of the BB privilege are NOT balikbayans. One does not "get" a balikbayan. One is a balikbayan. One obtains  the 'balikbayan privilege' as denoted by a stamp in their passport at the port of entry.