Syria making for unrest in investments

Skywalker

The markets seem to be in a bit of a panic over Syria.

Gold is up.

The Russians are sabre rattling.

Investment options?

• Like 1
the.lone.gunman

Gold is up.

Investment options?

Oil companies in politically stable oil producing countries like Canada.
  • Like 1
rfm010

...The Russians are sabre rattling. Investment options?

sabres.

• Like 1
spooks

AIm mrket has show some rapid growth in resource stocks Eurasia mines being one example, as soon as peace breaks out they will tank and the main blue chips will climb.

A narrow time window if ur happy tp accept paper losses and tread water for next three months

tokyoman

Gold is up.

Investment options?

Silver still massively undervalued at 25 bucks

Remember it hit $50 an ounce in 1980

• Like 1
dc3driver

True, but that $50 price was  from manipulation. Remember the Hunt Bros?

udonthani

Syria is coming up on the scam-ommeter :

Hi ,How are you doing today?Thanks for your mail,i am happy to read your mail,well my name is Glory Wilson,i am 23 years old i live in Spain.I was a student of manoli high school here in Spain,before i lost my parents in the war in Syria.My parents were American working with the Central bank gold reserves.They were both killed by snipers in Baba Amr district of the city of HOMS in February 2012.Since then i have been alone here in Spain,,now i am in social camp run by the catholic church here in Spain,i hope to see a good man i can share my life with. Hope to here from you soon. Regards.

tokyoman

True, but that $50 price was  from manipulation. Remember the Hunt Bros?

Yes I do

So ask yourself where the demand will and is coming from? China and India

In 1980 they did not have the money to buy

In the coming 3 to 5 years they will replace the Hunt brothers 10 fold in purchases

And we will see possibly 300 to 500 dollars an ounce IMHO

Disclosure: I own the physical and have an ETF position

Contango

Investment options?

Buy, i was able to get a buy order filled cheap today, in the short term gold and oil will benefit from the uncertainty..our job as investors and traders is also to benefit from the fear and uncertainty.
spooks

if already exposed, stay in do not crash and burn unless it is strategic to come back into new stock areas.

I am still not so sure that commodities has hit a floor yet and may do so once this spat is over.  Then again.............. :wheel:

Brucewayne

These shocks come all the time.

The market usually recovers anywhere from one day to maybe a week.

Not to worry, people forget small things real fast and it is back to the old grind.

It is the big ones that are slow to forgive, like the large shock that hit in '08.

udonthani

if and when Egypt goes like Syria, which it almost certainly will not, then that really would bring about a lot of tears.This Syria stuff is not all that significant. It is worrying but it is not so bad. It is a smaller and less significant country than even Iraq. Which itself has never been or will foreseeably be a power to rival Egypt, even though Egypt has no oil it is still a big economy of the Arab world.

• Like 2