question from computer pros..

smokey

At my house i have smart satellite if i use a toogle from smart  will that add to the connection ?    

SirMadrigal

It more than likely has to do with the hardware on the tower its using and/or possibly the package you have with smart, Im not sure if they sell different tiered speed packages or not but that would be my guess.

Only certain parts of Cebu have the LTE technology

USMC-Retired

No you have 2mb upstairs and another 2mb down stairs. At this point all you can do is rid yourself of smartbro and add globe Dsl. However reliability will be the issue. Currently I feel you have the fastest most reliable internet in that area. Yet there is still Globe DSL. You can not combine services to go faster.

miles-high

Use a load balancing router, hopefully it will become 2Mb + 2Mb = 4Mb and be happy! :D

USMC-Retired

you are getting way above Smokey's skill set. best if you need more contact globe.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

At my house i have smart satellite if i use a toogle from smart  will that add to the connection ?    

No. 

Your computer can not utilize more than one internet connection at a time without the requisite hardware. (Assuming you are running Windows)

Edited by Monsoon
miles-high

Your computer can not utilize more than one internet connection at a time without the requisite hardware. (Assuming you are running Windows)

You are partially correct, however, if you are using Windows 7 or 8 (or Server), you could use 2 network interface cards and WiFi (new Intel motherboards have these 3) and either bond them together or use adapter teaming method, without any "hardware"…

http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm

In any case, if you are using a newer Intel MB, connect all 3 and Windows 7 or 8 will automatically “fail over” to the next available Internet connection.

A poor-man’s load balancing router, so to speak… :D

NB: There are several freeware to achieve load balancing and this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323431 works on Win 7 as well (use it on your own risk)... ;)

Edited by miles-high