Sign in to follow this  
Lordblacknail

Dress Code For The SSA Outreach

Lordblacknail

Anybody know if there is a dress code for the outreach? Long pants?

Paul

Na. I would dress neat. But, I have gone into the US Consular Agency wearing flip flops before.

HTM

For me as a Scandinavian this is a bit strange question
Why not be on the safe side and dress properly?
Long pants, shoes and a "polo".

• Like 1

Paul

For me as a Scandinavian this is a bit strange question

Why not be on the safe side and dress properly?

Long pants, shoes and a "polo".

Because we are yanks? I am not going to dress up just to go into the Consular Agency or Embassy. They are government employees, working for us.

• Like 1

HTM

Because we are yanks? I am not going to dress up just to go into the Consular Agency or Embassy. They are government employees, working for us.

Yes. :-)

For me I over-dress rather than the "bum look". You get more favor and have less problems.

It is also legal to farting, burp, dig in your nose and eating bogeyman in such offices, but ............

Paul

It is also legal to farting, burp, dig in your nose and eating bogeyman in such offices,............

So, get your money's worth while you are there. :D :D  :yahoo:  :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

dc3driver

You can't go to Immigration wearing shorts. I have gone to the BOI in Mandaue & seen guys sitting out front dressed like they are going to the beach. They may get to the beach that day, but they won't get in the building.

I would wear proper attire visiting a consulate for any country.

cebubird

Anybody know if there is a dress code for the outreach? Long pants?

Boy that sign of age is catching up with you.

You probably don't even remember that is where we met and you were passing out the "sex" cards, but anyway, shorts are fine.

Lordblacknail

Nope I do remember, but couldn't remember if shorts were ok. Went with long pants just to be safe, but got a couple of answers different than earlier related answers. I will have to check further to be comfortable with this.

Monsoon

I've been to a few US embassy's wearing holiday attire (shorts, sandals). One of them being the Manila embassy.  I could see them restricting sleeveless shirts, but I never wear them so I don't know.  I don't think they have silly rules about what you wear, so long as you wear something.  They do have all kinds of silly rules about what you can NOT take inside with you. 

My wife and a friend's wife were both joking the other day about seeing lots of women dressed like hookers when they both went there for interviews on different days as well..

Dressing up to go to a government office to deposit your money is a farce IMO...

Edited by Monsoon

Salty Dog

I went to the US Consulate office a few weeks ago in Cebu. I was wearing dress shorts and a polo shirt with my rebocks. Some people in there looked like bums or as if the were on their way to the beach. I laughed to myself. I remembered when the head of the BI here said they were going to start enforcing the dress code rules. He said expats would never show such disrespect by going to their own government offices dressed the way they tried to dress when going to the BI. I think dress shorts look just as neat and better than a lot of old torn and tattered jeans they wear here.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1