Travel ban/investor advisory by China for the Philippines

Skywalker

That link isn't opening for me.

Incidently it is considered good manners, if you are going to use a link, to cut'npaste the contents - since many members don't have a fast enough connection to open it.  

Edit:  Got it!

TRAVEL BAN: The tourism industry suffered big losses when Chinese tourists cancelled bookings because of an advisory by the China government to travel agencies and tour organizers to avoid travel to the Philippines.

Most of media related this ban to the then raging sovereignty issue over Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal. But concerned quarters in the Filipino-Chinese community said the advisory arose from an immigration bureau issue.

They pointed out that long before the Panatag conflict erupted, the Philippines has been the object of criticisms in China because of alleged abuses and illegal practices of personnel of the Bureau of Immigration targeting Chinese tourists and potential investors.

Edited by Skywalker

Thanks for that, i did think about that but i thoughti might get accused of tampering with the article.

Alan S

China hasnt been happy with the Philippines since that "incident" in Manila.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

China hasnt been happy with the Philippines since that "incident" in Manila.

Can't blame them, I've seen keystone cops routines that would have saved more lives.