It’s not worth trying it…

miles-high

For lack of anything better to do today (got too many days off due to the typhoon/flooding, in fact, the area students got 9-day school holiday!), I connected 6 monitors to my computer (2 video cards with 4 HDMI output each)… 5 24” LCD's and 1 55” LED TV/monitor…

Duplicating desktop is not worth doing it as you just use it as if it was a single monitor… Extend monitor is OK as you could open like 6 programs on 6 monitors… But I guess I am not good at 6-tasking… Scrolling the mouse is a big chore in that you may need to lift it to reposition many times over 6 screens…

The worst part is your neck gets so tired, scanning from left to right or right to left over15 ft or so… Soooo, it’s not worth trying it… :)

Back to 3 monitor set up, as before… Finally, a day is over and I will have a better work to do from tomorrow… haha :D

• Like 2
spooks

"For lack of anything better to do today (got too many days off due to the typhoon/flooding, in fact, the area students got 9-day school holiday!), I connected 6 monitors to my computer (2 video cards with 4 HDMI output each)… 5 24” LCD's and 1 55” LED TV/monitor…"

I am a pc dunce but was intrigued enough to play with my pc lap top just now to see what happens  I have a 4 gig memory and its windows 8 so finding screen extend was easy and screen view was easy once i slid the screen to the tv I have a vga can ble so i suspect if i put a vga splitter on then two tvs would show the second screen with identical picture whilst my wife uses her facebook on the lap top. Sounds like marrriage will stay healthy for years to come :wheel: 

JUst a question if I may

How do u set up a cpu to have multiple video cards and hdmi  I have a hdmi port on the pc will that slide the second screen in the same way?

I supoose I am asking what software u have on ur pc and what speed/memory it has to run so many outlets and have a good picture

i have apc with a very limited windows 7 home package as opposed to the full and it takes most of the 1mb memory!!  Not sure it will exted or do anythng like that etc. The old XP i could clone and dual to same effect with S chord connector.  From the above you can see I know nothing

miles-high

I supoose I am asking what software u have on ur pc and what speed/memory it has to run so many outlets and have a good picture

Here’s what I ended up with… an ATI Radeon 7970… although I said HDMI’s but the video card actually have 4 display ports (DP) and 2 DVI ports (see pics), I just use DP to HDMI adapter cables as you can see from the pics… same for DVI… Although I use 64-bit Win 7 Pro and 64Gb RAM, the video card is a 1 GHz GPU…

WP_20130826_001.jpg

WP_20130826_003.jpg

WP_20130826_004.jpg

WP_20130826_005.jpg

As I said, 3 24" monitors are plenty for 2 eyes... :) The video card is cooled by 2 fans only but the temp does not reach the redline... the liquid cooling pipes (see pic) are for the main cpu... I guess for gamers, the gpu should be liquid cooled as well...

Edited by miles-high
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

That's some serious hardware you have. Now I'm jealous. This is all I have; NOT. 

H2O.jpg

• Like 2
miles-high

FYI

Just a note for anyone who might be thinking or planning to have more than 2 displays using ATI Radeon (Eyefinity)-based video card(s)…

You will note from my last pic at Post #4 above that there are 4 DP to HDMI cables connected (3 black, 1 white). 3 black adopters are “active” adopters while the white cable is “passive”. You will need to use ALL active cables if you want use more than 2 monitors. This applies to any combination DP/DVI/HDMI/VGA and probably add $10 to each cable.

Passive ones are just cables, while the active adopters have built-in video converter chips…

WP_20130731_002.jpg

:horray:

HeyMike

Um... thanks Miles.... but I think I will just stay with my Vic-20.

spooks

ty.  I am sure i am still none the wiser which reflects more on me :yahoo:

miles-high

Another useless attempt… connecting my iFit treadmill to a Sony TV… can sync the screens (treadmill to PC, not the other way) using the USB port to a laptop (the treadmill is an Android) then use the TV as an extended monitor…

There must be a way to “walk” on the Google Earth (e.g., like safely walking in the street of Colon) but so far unable…

Anyone any idea? :D

WP_20130827_002.jpg