Cheapest Exit Ticket Ever!

A_Simple_Man

I just bought my cheapest, throw away, exit ticket that I have ever had!

Those of us on tourist visas know that we have to have an exit ticket every time we come back into the Philippines.  I always buy the cheapest ticket to anywhere I can find and then throw it away when I don't use it.  4 years ago I got a great deal at about 610 pesos for a ticket to Hong Kong.  I have just beat that!

Cebu Pacific, Clark to Hong Kong, booked now for use in early June 2014.  The ticket is 0.  The fuel surcharge is 438.48 pesos. The online booking fee to use credit card is 120 pesos.  There was no airport tax or other charge added.  This makes my new record throw away ticket = 552 pesos, booked and paid for by credit card.  Lovely!

Book now if you are in need of a cheap throw away exit ticket, or just book and go for a holiday at that price.

• Like 6
JasonEcos

Wow, nice!

I got mine for Sept 1st...p750 (p250 ticket price, p500 fuel charge) for Clark to HK....and I thought that was a great deal, you have me beat.

KennyF

What about
"must hold a return or onward flight ticket dated within the period of the visa" or words to that effect?

I know the airline just want to see an onward so they are absolved of responsibility but what about immigration.?

I've never been asked for an onward by immigration but I believe it's actually one of their rules.

KonC

A_Simple_Man

Kenny, that is a subject of much debate.  The best I can come up with is that the matter is up to the discretion of the Immigration Official processing you on entry.  For the price of that throw away I shall take my chances that the frequent previous visa renewals in my passport will convince the Official that I am legit.  Yes, I have been told before, (at the entry to Philippines), that my exit ticket needs to be within 21 days but the BI has said that is not a firm policy.  EVERYTHING is up to the Immigration Official when you enter the country so be nice.

its up to the airline whom let you fly INTO the Philippines... as they are responsible for proper travel documents of their travelers INTO a country, they the one stopping you for getting onto the plane in the first place.... (most of the time)

KennyF

So far so good? Yes, I understand what you're saying.

You're probably playing it the best way.

KonC

• Administrator
Salty Dog

What about

"must hold a return or onward flight ticket dated within the period of the visa" or words to that effect?

I know the airline just want to see an onward so they are absolved of responsibility but what about immigration.?

I've never been asked for an onward by immigration but I believe it's actually one of their rules.

KonC

I know many people who live here part time and the rest in the USA. They always buy round trip tickets that are anywhere from 4 up to 12 months return. The immigration officer at the airport gives you 21 (30) days. It's not his call if you get an extension beyond that. Of course I'm sure that argument wouldn't wash, if he told you your departure ticket had to be within 21 days. I left the country 3 times last year to SE Asia and only bought one throw away ticket. Granted it wasn't a year away, but it was about 9 months from my first return.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

its up to the airline whom let you fly INTO the Philippines... as they are responsible for proper travel documents of their travelers INTO a country, they the one stopping you for getting onto the plane

I've never had immigration ask about a ticket outbound, but when attempting to come into the Philippines it is the airlines.

I have an open date return ticket from Cebu to HK on Cathay Pacific. A friend at an agency cut the ticket and then for a p200 fee cancelled it. The ticket is worthless, but the airlines that query me about having an outbound ticket don't know this...

A_Simple_Man

I'm sure that argument wouldn't wash, if he told you your departure ticket had to be within 21 days.

Aye, there's the rub.

An official in a grumpy mood once told me that and said they have the power to deny you for any reason.  Undoubtedly they would have to explain it to their boss but the traveler would no longer be in the country.  But there are lots of threads about that.  Thanks to those who are thrilled that I posted a 552 peso exit ticket that is still available on Cebu Pacific web site if anyone needs one.

Edit for the poster above:  Tried that too.  Had a grumpy official at Philippine entry actually plug the reservation number into his computer and tell me there is no reservation in my name.  I often enter Cebu late at night and the officials are often grumpy then.  Fortunately he was also tired and decided it was probably the airlines fault for not entering it into his computer.  Your mileage will vary, of course.  Most get away with that scam.

Edited by A_Simple_Man
Knowdafish

While 552p is a smoking deal, I've got that beat. My last throw away ticket was 100% FREE! 

It was booked on Tiger Airlines, but they cancelled the flight (after I was already in the Philippines for quite a while) and refunded the purchase price back to my debit card. 

Hint: book a no-name airline that follows through on refunds for cancellations. If they cancel the flight you booked to Timbuktu or wherever because there was not enough passengers to make it worth it, you are way ahead of the game. 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

While 552p is a smoking deal, I've got that beat. My last throw away ticket was 100% FREE! 

It was booked on Tiger Airlines, but they cancelled the flight (after I was already in the Philippines for quite a while) and refunded the purchase price back to my debit card. 

Hint: book a no-name airline that follows through on refunds for cancellations. If they cancel the flight you booked to Timbuktu or wherever because there was not enough passengers to make it worth it, you are way ahead of the game. 

Same here but with AirAsia they never gave me my money back. I gave up. I used it as a throwaway 3 times.

Edited by Salty Dog

Let me get this straight, I'm flying to Singapore because of Immigration on the 30th and back on the 1st.  Are you saying I have to have another ticket out of PI just to get back in?  I'm also flying Cebu Pacific.

Edited by Cebudog
SkyMan

Let me get this straight, I'm flying to Singapore because of Immigration on the 30th and back on the 1st.  Are you saying I have to have another ticket out of PI just to get back in?  I'm also flying Cebu Pacific.

Yes. And that's especially true on CP. Edited by SkyMan
samatm

YES absolutely if you only have visitor visa and are flying with your Filipina wife.     Book now online and look for a cheapie with either Cebu Pacific, Air Asia.      In worst case scenario if you happen to be stopped at check - in,  you can buy a full fare tix with your Credit card on Cathay Pacific and get a refund after arriving Cebu.   You have to got to Cathay office  in ayala to get the refund credit.   cost $25.00.   

are flying with your Filipina wife

My wife is staying here, just me flying.