Cebu Pacific Baggage Restrictions

SirMadrigal

You have to be pretty large not to fit in a seat. I'm 5'10" and weigh about 270lbs. I fit just fine, It's not even a snug fit. I would guess you would have to be considerably over 300lbs to not fit.

Cebu Pacific doesn't care about weight. There care about money. If your a little over on baggage they screw you for more cash.

I see those big signs that say one carry-on and see people with 3-4.

I'm 6'3 so the legroom on Zest was seriously lacking, my knees were smashed against the seat in front of me.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I'm 6'3 so the legroom on Zest was seriously lacking, my knees were smashed against the seat in front of me.

Yea I think being tall is more of a curse when it comes to flying. They just don't give you much leg room.

SkyMan

Yeah, CP is also pinoy sized legged room.

SirMadrigal

I checked the baggage fees on CP and they seemed to be huge ripoff, than and PAL, Tiger Air and AirAsia were the most reasonable and thats why I chose them because I had a ton of luggage I was bringing with me.

Knowdafish

I hear you, but try being 6'6" like I am. I have to duck under all of the obstructions, AND get crammed in. 

Yea I think being tall is more of a curse when it comes to flying. They just don't give you much leg room.

True. The airlines are set up to carry "the average" customer. If you fall outside of average prepare to pay up or suffer. 

Yeah, CP is also pinoy sized legged room.

...unless you upgrade to an emergency exit row. I don't remember the price of the upgrade, but it is cheap and a must-do if you are tall. I prefer to see bigger people in those rows too - someone who looks like they can at least handle the weight of an exit door if need be.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

I hear you, but try being 6'6" like I am. I have to duck under all of the obstructions, AND get crammed in. 

True. The airlines are set up to carry "the average" customer. If you fall outside of average prepare to pay up or suffer. 

...unless you upgrade to an emergency exit row. I don't remember the price of the upgrade, but it is cheap and a must-do if you are tall. I prefer to see bigger people in those rows too - someone who looks like they can at least handle the weight of an exit door if need be.

I didn't know this, but will remember it the next time we fly out.

SkyMan

I checked the baggage fees on CP and they seemed to be huge ripoff, than and PAL, Tiger Air and AirAsia were the most reasonable and thats why I chose them because I had a ton of luggage I was bringing with me.

Actually, the cheapest way to get extra baggage from Manila to Cebu is to take a ferry.  I did that once coming in with several loaded bags,  I booked a state room and had my wife fly up on a cheap (p650?) CP flight.  We stayed one night in Manila and road back on the ferry next day and never left the state room but that's another story.  Saved a bunch of $$ over flying.

Headed that way

What is the transit time for a ferry from Manila to Cebu?

SirMadrigal

Actually, the cheapest way to get extra baggage from Manila to Cebu is to take a ferry.  I did that once coming in with several loaded bags,  I booked a state room and had my wife fly up on a cheap (p650?) CP flight.  We stayed one night in Manila and road back on the ferry next day and never left the state room but that's another story.  Saved a bunch of $$ over flying.

Hope there was a life raft in one of your suitcases heh

Davaoeno

on CP they weighed my carry on. & made me off load some into my checked luggage.

I had that happen to me twice, and both times i started pulling stuff out of my carry on and filling my pockets, and wrapping things around my neck etc and both times they just gave up and told me to forget it !!  ie forget about being over 7 kg     Once they had a good chuckle about it and once miss " i have no sense of humor" was clearly upset but knew she had been beat 

• Like 1
SkyMan

What is the transit time for a ferry from Manila to Cebu?

Pretty much 24 hours but if you get a stateroom it's the same as a hotel in Manila or Cebu but in this case you're moving a bit.

towboat72

last time we flew to hong kong I took a carry on bag with me --no problem---when we flew back to Cebu I was told the bag was to big SAME BAG

I showed them our tickets  no good had to pay extra

that was Cebu pacific

last time we flew to hong kong I took a carry on bag with me --no problem---when we flew back to Cebu I was told the bag was to big SAME BAG

I showed them our tickets no good had to pay extra

that was Cebu pacific

That happens a lot. Thai Air office in Fukuoka gave me the go ahead to carry sports (diving gear) At the airport in Thailand going home they tried to charge me excess bagage. Explained the situation but was told, "This is not Fukuoka".

I had that happen to me twice, and both times i started pulling stuff out of my carry on and filling my pockets, and wrapping things around my neck etc and both times they just gave up and told me to forget it !!  ie forget about being over 7 kg     Once they had a good chuckle about it and once miss " i have no sense of humor" was clearly upset but knew she had been beat 

I can imagine their reaction when you put on your latex bodysuit. ;)

• Like 1