Cebu Pacific Baggage Restrictions

Headed that way

Okay, coming in on United/ANA with about the largest suitcase that international flights will allow but under 50 pounds in weight.

I searched the archives for Cebu Pacific baggage restrictions and found little other than to prepay or pay ten times more when they weigh your baggage.  I looked at the Cebu Pacific terms and conditions and their baggage policy which states:

Baggage Information

Only 1 piece of baggage is allowed to be carried on board provided that it does not exceed the dimensions 56cm x 36cm x 23cm for Airbus flights and 56cm x 35cm x 20cm for ATR flights. It should not weigh more than 7kg for all flights except in Caticlan which has a maximum carry-on baggage weight of 5kg. Items determined by us to be of excessive weight or size or of an offensive nature will not be permitted on-board.

Check-in bag must not exceed 32kg per piece in accordance with the occupational safety rule. Any bag exceeding 32kg will not be accepted as check-in baggage.

No mention of checked baggage size restrictions.  So is a 28" x 20" x 12" checked bag going to  cause any problems?

And I believe that I read that they allow a laptop in addition to a carry on bag that is under 15 kilos and less than 22" x 14" x 9" if I converted the metric measurements right.

So a checked bag that I bought a baggage allowance for up to 30 kilos, a carry on bag under 15 kilos, and a laptop bag will be okay?

... a carry on bag that is under 15 kilos ...

Is this a typo?  Did you mean 5 Kg?  Carry-on bag as stated must be 7 Kg or less.

Edited by GoHuk
dc3driver

& last time I flew outbound from Cebu on CP they weighed my carry on. & made me off load some into my checked luggage. Fortunatly I had prepaid for the luggage or it would have cost a lot.

Headed that way

Is this a typo?  Did you mean 5 Kg?  Carry-on bag as stated must be 7 Kg or less.

My bad, I was thinking in pounds and typed in kilos.  15 pounds is what I plan for the carry on bag.

Cebu Pacific are very strict with their luggage policies.  They weigh my carry-on too everytime.  It's because Filipinos are notorious for overloading their luggage.  It's become so bad that some of them will ask strangers queing on the line to carry items for them.

Headed that way

So they deal strictly in pounds regardless of how it is distributed.  Thirty kilos in two bags is fine or twenty kilos in one and ten in another is okay too?

Many thanks.

JasonEcos

So a checked bag that I bought a baggage allowance for up to 30 kilos, a carry on bag under 15 kilos, and a laptop bag will be okay?

I've done it a few times with no problems. In addition to the carry on bag, and laptop you are also allowed a small "purse" type bag.

SirMadrigal

i just flew zest from manila to cebu, i was 3kg over on checked bags, i flirted with the counter girl and she didnt charge me, she also didnt weigh my carry on, i think air asia / zest is pretty relaxed about baggage

Brucewayne

i just flew zest from manila to cebu, i was 3kg over on checked bags, i flirted with the counter girl and she didnt charge me, she also didnt weigh my carry on, i think air asia / zest is pretty relaxed about baggage

Probably because they aren't #1, but from what I hear, Cebu Pacific isn't exactly the favorite carrier it used to be and just might lose their #1 position.

Skywalker

I'm sure I am not the only one who gets pretty annoyed (to put it mildly) with people's attitude to carry on.  I've seen larger bags used as carry on, than I have checked in! And nothing gets me going more, than when I find my seat, only to discover that the overhead locker is absolutely full.

I follow the rules, and yet I see people in the queue to get on the plane with just huge bales of stuff.  When I complain to the cabin crew, they just look at me like I am from another planet.

I don't know why the airlines wont police these regulations.  But if you are a couple of kilo's over, on the check in luggage they are very quick to take your money, something that almost never happened a few years ago.  Just as well they almost never weight carry on, because that is where I put the really heavy stuff, because of their attitude to checked in luggage being the new 'cash-cow'.

Edit:  And since we are on this subject - I weigh a reasonable 74kgs, but I see massively obese people much more than twice my weight flying with me, when are these people going be charged more, if the airlines are so obsessed with luggage weight?

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 4
A_Simple_Man

Having done it a time or two, (I actually like Cebu Pacific), I can tell you that I book and pay in advance for the maximum amount of luggage allowed PLUS the maximum amount of sports equipment allowed.  You can put anything you like into a sports equipment bag.  Its not like they are gonna check if its really a hockey stick.  Its the cheapest way to get your luggage here.

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

Do not feel bad I paid full price for two kids under 2. That and my wife and I combined weigh less the 200 pounds. So I paid full fare yet 4 seats weight less the one passenger. Hell I should get a discount or allowed more baggage.

• Like 4
SirMadrigal

Southwest Airlines is now charging Blimps the cost of an extra seat, if you can't fit into your seat without spilling over into the seat next to you then you must buy a second seat.

As I posted earlier, Zest allowed me to fudge on my baggage weight so I am pleased with them, the flight was smooth, the plane was fairly new and very clean.

I can say one thing though, the legroom is definitely for filipinos, I enjoyed my flight from MNL to CEB with my legs in my chin.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Southwest Airlines is now charging Blimps the cost of an extra seat, if you can't fit into your seat without spilling over into the seat next to you then you must buy a second seat.

As I posted earlier, Zest allowed me to fudge on my baggage weight so I am pleased with them, the flight was smooth, the plane was fairly new and very clean.

I can say one thing though, the legroom is definitely for filipinos, I enjoyed my flight from MNL to CEB with my legs in my chin.

You have to be pretty large not to fit in a seat. I'm 5'10" and weigh about 270lbs. I fit just fine, It's not even a snug fit. I would guess you would have to be considerably over 300lbs to not fit.

Cebu Pacific doesn't care about weight. There care about money. If your a little over on baggage they screw you for more cash.

I see those big signs that say one carry-on and see people with 3-4.

Edited by Salty Dog
SkyMan

Edit: And since we are on this subject - I weigh a reasonable 74kgs, but I see massively obese people much more than twice my weight flying with me, when are these people going be charged more, if the airlines are so obsessed with luggage weight?

Roger damn that!!!!!!!!  I gotta pay extra to shove a few things under the plane but miss lard ass can sit next to me and take half my seat for free.  BS.

When I complain to the cabin crew, they just look at me like I am from another planet.

Tatuin, right Luke?

I see those big signs that say one carry-on and see people with 3-4.

Word.

First couple trips here I avoided extra baggage by doing the opposite of the old Butcher's trick of putting my thumb on the scale.  I would put my bags on the scale and rest my boot on the stationary rail in front of the scale and slip my boot toe under the scale.  The displayed the weight there for you so you could adjust it to a free amount.  :) I think they have new scales now that don't allow it.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1