• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• exploringlife2

• Art

• hyaku

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

first off. If you have never met her in real life, then she is not your GF. You don't know her. You know the guy who you have never exchanged a social word with in your entire life, whose name you don

Sir,     Good luck to you and your "soon to be confirmed gf".  Wow you are adventurerous the RP and Thailand!!!..  That is a handful for a new relationship to deal with all those logistics and pitfa

A roundtrip ticket negates the need for that.

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

`That photo was taken on Boracay, ill bet my left nut on it, a 35 minute flight from Manila is not "near Manila" make of that what you will.

Hum, poor young unwed mother who can afford a trip to Boracay?

• Like 2

Ok, I am in the country and a my new GF will meet me at the airport. We will stay in Cebu for about 2 weeks the Diplomat being our starting point and exploring for there. Then leaving Cebu To meet Jean's family on the Island of Biliran. The best I can come up with is their home is a 1 1/2 hour bus ride from Naval. So I think I will be staying at Marvin's Seaside for a few days and looking for places closer to where her family lives. She thinks it is to quiet where her family lives and might be best for us in Cebu. She does have a 3 1/2 year old son, who should be with us in time. There is also no problems with her mother taking care of her son if we go to Thailand for a visit.

If the plan for my Visa will work at the airport I think everything else will work itself out. If you see any problem with my plan or know a better way please advise me.

Thank You

I might be able to help a bit. I use the Diplomat when in Cebu and have lived on the island for 8 years. Sounds like she comes from caibiran or cabucgayan on the other side of the island. One and a half by bus, quicker on a bike. Nowhere to stay over there. As mentioned no white beaches that big. Better places than Marvins now up town. Its a place girls bring foreigners to. Only two private schools. Light bringer in Naval, Asemco in Almeria. Both much too far for a daily commute. Met a friend today who rents in town to keep her kids at school. We took a child out from private. They offer good personal tuition but textbooks were terrible. Spent more time doing the lessons and revision at home than the half day lessons at the school. Door to door pick up service is good but that's for locals.

All sounds genuine enough but as mentioned by others you can't be too careful. PM me with more details if you have them.

P.s. Don't eat at the Thai restaurant near the Diplomat. I had food poisoning from there in July.

Hey Dude,Don't let curiosity kill the cat,by following through with meeting this chick.There are so many out there everywhere.Take your time,get into things that you have a deep interest and there you will most likely find your mate.I have meet so many foreigners over my many years in the Philippines that see the signs clearly but ignor them and suffer big time.They think something like-that would be everybody else that gets scammed-oh-not me-I'm too smart.Yeah right!

Thank You for your advice. It makes me think. I did ask her where exactly does she live, so I could research it on the internet and she told me Naval,Biliran, Leyte and I wrote it down. I did a search on line and read about Naval and it sounds like an interesting place to me and I might like it there. She went to the internet café so we could see each other on a web cam and told me about it was an 1 1/2 hour bus ride. She really does not want to tell me where she lives by name. 

The picture she told me was near Manila.

In Thailand my exgf was 28 then and had never been to the dentist. So I could smell in the morning her breath that she had a problem. I took her in and got her teeth cleaned, 3 cavities filled and 2 back teeth pulled because they were beyond repair. She could not believe how much better she felt after fighting me all the way to get this done. I told my new Filipino friend I would take her and her son to the Dentist to get their teeth checked, basicly for cavities. A few days go by and I am told she has been to the Dentist and needs two teeth pulled and braces for 50,000peso. Her son also needs a private school and she does not know the cost, but also it is an 1 1/2 bus ride to Naval each way, so they really need a full time home setup in Cebu or Naval so he can start school.

Forrest is thinking about going for a run.

• Like 1
miles-high

that is def boracay

Don’t be so sure… there are many semi-private, white sand beaches near Manila in the Cavite, Nasugbu, Batangas areas… Some are only accessible by the helicopters so I guess she would not have been but they are very close to Manila… From the pic, I see many boats so I guess it’s more of a commercialized area therefore it could well be Boracay but ID’ing a beach without any man-made objects is a very difficult endeavor… I fly all over the Philippines and there are many similar beaches, though I see them minimum of a few thousand feet above...

NB: If you compensate for the dynamic range, it is not quite white sand beach as it may look... Another reason you should take your pic in RAW hehe ;)

We would forever be wondering if another foreigner took that pic... hehe ;)

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 3
udonthani

yeah it is quicker on a bike but still is there really anywhere at all on Biliran that takes as long as 1.5 hours, to get there from Naval?

he could try asking her what her first language is. If she is from the east side, it is odds on her first language is Waray Waray and not Bisaya.

there were all sorts of red flags here even before the OP disclosed the ludicrous dental financial demands. For instance, how come, she can just drop everything and meet him at the airport in Cebu. It is odds on, she would not be able to get there just like that without him fronting up the fare. She might be resident in Cebu already and working there.

Sounds like she comes from caibiran or cabucayan on the other side of the island. One and a half by bus, quicker on a bike.

RPretire

The man who taken that picture was most likely another KANO she is scamming along and that my friend is how she was there and picture taken!  :).

Mr Exploring,

Feel free to RE-Read my earlier post (good refresher).  Personally I eliminated EVERY GIRL who had a child or was married (I know it has worked for some but for most it was not worth the HAZARDS).  When I finally thought there was a good one I asked her to get and show me CENOMAR on Webcam, also seen all her ID Cards, Passport, Ect.  also seen all her family on Webcam too and ONLY then did I decide to visit.  Try www(dot)jaderune(dot)com it is OLDSCHOOL and have to manually short profiles due to no fancy filters.  You are getting smarter by the posts here and I can see the light-bulb burning brighter as you post.  Keep us informed my friend.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Thank You for your advice. It makes me think. I did ask her where exactly does she live, so I could research it on the internet and she told me Naval,Biliran, Leyte and I wrote it down. I did a search on line and read about Naval and it sounds like an interesting place to me and I might like it there. She went to the internet café so we could see each other on a web cam and told me about it was an 1 1/2 hour bus ride. She really does not want to tell me where she lives by name. 

The picture she told me was near Manila.

In Thailand my exgf was 28 then and had never been to the dentist. So I could smell in the morning her breath that she had a problem. I took her in and got her teeth cleaned, 3 cavities filled and 2 back teeth pulled because they were beyond repair. She could not believe how much better she felt after fighting me all the way to get this done. I told my new Filipino friend I would take her and her son to the Dentist to get their teeth checked, basicly for cavities. A few days go by and I am told she has been to the Dentist and needs two teeth pulled and braces for 50,000peso. Her son also needs a private school and she does not know the cost, but also it is an 1 1/2 bus ride to Naval each way, so they really need a full time home setup in Cebu or Naval so he can start school.

Forrest is thinking about going for a run.

Most people make due with braces in the neighborhood of P2,000-P6,000 here.

The P50,000 braces are for the rich and suckers who don't know any better.

Most foreigners, unless they are city born and bred, would prefer a quiet area to a noisy, polluted city.

We pay extra to visit a place such as you say she lives and if I could live there, I would be there right now.

I have a friend who lives in Biliran and he says the area there is a lot like anywhere else in the Philippines when it comes to private schools, ripe and plentiful.

Maybe your gal just thinks she wants to live in the city, or maybe she is actually from the city, but is playing country girl just for you?

To the OP - Don't beat yourself up too much. You didn't lose any cash and in fact gained a good experience. I would suspect that even all the "experts" here have been fooled a time or two. It's the nature, not only of the Philippines, but of relationships in general. Sometimes the perfect woman ends up being not so perfect!

But if you persist you will find good ones, better than you can imagine. And you will find techniques that will help you better determine which ones are truly good.

If I were you I would still come to PI; meet a few girls in person, get a feel for the country and culture. Better still make some friends here. Once they know you are a good man who is seriously looking, you will have no shortage of referrals for good women.

Just my 2 pesos.

• Like 3
udonthani

You didn't lose any cash

you don't know that and neither do I. So here is the big question.

did you send her anything then?

Big point made in that waray waray is spoken from Cabucgayan to Caibiran. It used to be that girls bringing in foreigners were localized from Naval to Kawayan. Now the road is nearly finished around the island they are from further afield. My wife did the bus trip twice a week when she was at TESDA in cabucgayan. Minimum one and a half. The beach is not on this island that's for sure. Is it interesting here? No, not unless you like provincial life. But its changing fast. I don't need city runs for coffee beans or decent cheese any more. On the subject of food order your breakfast at Marvins early. It cold take until lunchtime to get it! If the wife reads this she will be pissed off. Its owned by fathers cousin.

Finding a girl here with no kids is easy. A local policeman left his wife and three kids to live with one. Before she made a pick up a foreigner trip he told her, "I don't mind how many foreigners you screw, but keep away from Filipino"!

exploringlife2

Thanks, for all the imput. I have sent her no money and I have given up on this relationship. I think I will fly to BKK and go to the island of Samui where I have spent my last 3 winters. Friends have a wonderful Thanks Giving dinner and party and the Christmas party is even better. I will visit Cebu after the first of the year for 2 to 3 weeks my first time and not jump in with both feet so quickly. Flights cost about $1,100 round trip to Bkk and 1,600 to Cebu. The $500 I save I can buy my ticket from BKK to Cebu and return to BKK to go home.

Thank You Again

Headshot

Thanks, for all the imput. I have sent her no money and I have given up on this relationship. I think I will fly to BKK and go to the island of Samui where I have spent my last 3 winters. Friends have a wonderful Thanks Giving dinner and party and the Christmas party is even better. I will visit Cebu after the first of the year for 2 to 3 weeks my first time and not jump in with both feet so quickly. Flights cost about $1,100 round trip to Bkk and 1,600 to Cebu. The $500 I save I can buy my ticket from BKK to Cebu and return to BKK to go home.

Thank You Again

That sounds like a good plan.

Brucewayne

That sounds like a good plan.

Smarter than most we have tried to advise on here.

• Like 1

Thank You Again

Well Ko Samui is a bit livelier than Biliran that's for sure. Many a happy night drinking long island tea out of a small bucket with a straw. Good luck where ever you go.