Hi Tech 'Smart Watch' with 41M Pixel Camera!

David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay

Hyetis Crossbow Smartwatch With 41MP Camera

Smartwatches are virtually everywhere these days, so in such a crowded market, it’s pretty difficult for any newcomer to get noticed. The Crossbow smartwatch from Swiss manufacturers Hyetis, however, is unlikely to have this problem.

The Hyetis smartwatch boasts some very impressive features and a stunning design that combines today’s taste for tech with a 1970s retro look. But the most amazing part of the whole ensemble is undoubtedly its 41 megapixel camera.

Hyetis-Crossbow.png

The Crossbow is a blend of Swiss watch making tradition and state-of-the-art digital technology. The timepiece is equipped with an automatic movement system meant to ensure the fact that it will always tell the time with high accuracy.

In terms of smart features, Hyetis equipped the gadget with everything a good smartwatch needs: it can connect with smartphones that run iOS, Android and Windows, and is equipped with Bluetooth, WiFi and NFC.

Most impressively, the Hyetis Crossbow smartwatch has an integrated 41 megapixel camera with and optical zoom lens. This, together with the integrated high-res microphone with noise suppression, will allow the wearers to shoot sharp images and videos, which they can then share to a smartphone.

The Hyetis smartwatch will also be equipped with various environmental sensors such as thermometer, light meter, barometer and altimeter, whose readings can also be delivered to a smartphone. An interchangeable strap will feature biometric sensors that can be used to monitor health markers, the company said without offering any other details.

hyatis4.jpg

Housed by a 46mm case of fifth grade titanium with a high resolution display, touch sensitive bezel and sapphire glass, the Crossbow is also waterproof and according to its makers, it can work very well even 820 feet underwater.

The Hyetis Crossbow is not completely finalized and the company is first launching a limited run of 500 pieces, currently available for pre-order. As you expect, this smartwatch will come with quite a large price tag, the early bird price being $1,200. The Crossbow smartwatch will start shipping at the end of the year.

What do you think of this Swiss smartwatch? Are the stylish design and impressive features worth the hefty price? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Hyetis-Crossbow-Smartwatch.jpg

http://mikeshouts.com/hyetis-crossbow-smartwatch/

smartwatch is a rage these days, but as we have noted, digital watch is not everyone’s cup of English Breakfast. COOKOO may have that covered, but luxury it is not. so if you are a high flying, Scrooge McDuckian who expect a touch of luxe in your smart timepiece, the Swiss-made Hyetis Crossbow Smartwatch will have you covered. as a luxe timepiece, its 46mm grade 5 titanium case packs a Swiss-made automatic movement, complete with 25 jewels, 48-hour power reserved, and sapphire glass with anti-reflective treatment. as a smartwatch, it has a high resolution color display in place of the traditional dial face, allowing it to display notifications – just like any smartwatch would. it is compatible with iOS, Android, as well as Windows devices, and the watch is configurablevia a smartphone app, software for PC, Linux and Mac OS, or through online configuration.

the Crossbow may sounds like “just another smartwatch”, but it hardly is. setting itself apart from the competition is a 41MP camera with optical zoom built into the watch, which can found at the 12 o’clock position, flanked by a pair of push pieces – a design said to be inspired by the timepieces of the 70s. the Crossbow is fitted with not one, but two rechargeable batteries, located in the metal inserts of the NATO type interchangeable strap. also found in its strap are biometric sensors that provides the wearer’s physical condition in real time. other features include a circular touch sensitive bezel, rubber grip crown at 6 o’clock position, water resistant up to 250 meters (820 feet), Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, NFC-enabled, plus myriad of sensors that would put most smartphone to shame, including altimeter, accelerometer, light meter, HD microphone, thermometer, barometer, and hygrometer.

the first batch of Hyetis Crossbow Smartwatch is available as collector’s edition with a limited run of 500 pieces with a special early bird price of $1,200 and each comes with certificate of authenticity with serial number. the collector’s edition is presented in a “Dark Knight” finish, polished, blasted and brushed and comes packaged with two textile wrist band – Red and Black. it is available for order now with delivery expected sometime end of this year. according to the Swiss firm, the second batch of “normal” Hyetis Crossbow Smartwatch is also available for pre-order, though we didn’t find any evidence of that on the firm’s website.

Hyetis-Crossbow-Smartwatch-alternate-ima

HYETIS™ CROSSBOW Earlybirds Special Edition available for Pre-Order - See more at: http://www.hyetis.com/2013/08/#sthash.TI97xSs1.dpuf

OR just find a way to strap a NOKIA LUMIA 1020 to your wrist for $300!

The Primary Camera of a NOKIA Lumia 1020 has a 41M Pixel Camera

Primary camera 41-megapixel OIS f/2.2 6-element lens, LED + xenon flash, BSI, 1/1.5", 1.12-micron pixel size,

• Like 1
Alfred E. Neuman

I will wait for China's cheap copy.

• Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

Sony-Smartwatch-2.jpg
Sony Smartwatch 2
buy-button.jpg
US$tba

Sony is calling its second-generation smartwatch, the Sony Smartwatch 2, the “most advanced smartwatch available” which sounds pretty bold a claim. kicking off the wealth of features is its IPX57 built, which gives the watch dust- and water resistance capability and those happens to be the two qualities that warrant our attentions. cos’ smartwatches with such protection is still far and few between, and being a watch, those are the basic of the basics. on the functionality aspect, expect it do what most smartwatches do; that is to be the second screen to your smartphone which might be deeply entrenched in your man purse. another key feature is the app expandability. the Japanese electronics maker touted the SW2 as a smartwatch that can be “personalized with more dedicated apps than any other smartwatch”, which means the watch will be able to do more than just the second screen to your handset.

also packed within its visually appealing aluminum body are features such as standalone watch functionality, a beautiful, sunlight readable 1.6″ display with 220 by 176 resolution, familiar Android UI to ease the learning curve, replaceable wristbands, NFC for quick pairing (with headsets, portable speakers et cetera), and battery level indicator with low-batt warning feature. basically, with the Sony Smartwatch 2, you will be able to take and make calls, take photos remotely (using a smart camera app), control presentations remotely with Presentation Pal, gain control over your music, and access to notification from text messages, calls, email, Facebook, Twitter, Calendar and more. when not connected to your handset, you can still read previously received notifications, as well as setting the alarm. as you can see, what Sony is trying to put forward is, the applications for SW2 is pretty much limitless – as in, if there’s an app, it will do the job right.

keep your eyes peeled on Sony official website for its impending arrival this September for an yet-to-be-announced pricing. in the meantime, you may want to check out a few more look in the mini image gallery below.

COOKOO-Analog-Smartwatch-Limited-Edition

http://mikeshouts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/COOKOO-Analog-Smartwatch-Limited-Edition.jpg

COOKOO Analog Smartwatch

buy-button.jpg
US$129.99

when it comes to watch, not everyone is impressed by digital watch, which means this category of folks would be missing out on all the smartwatch rage (no. digital analog clock face doesn’t count). this is where the COOKOO Analog Smartwatch aims to fill the void. as the product name suggests, the COOKOO Analog Smartwatch brings together the goodness of an analog watch powered by a Japanese movement, while still offering full-featured smartwatch functionality such as notifications for incoming calls, missed calls, Facebook posts and messages, calendar reminders and more – presented in the form of beautifully designed icons alongside the watch’s analog clock face. we think this is one of the most awesome integration ever where you get the best of today’s technology and not looking overly futuristic (and squarish).

connected to your iPhone or iPad (iOS 5 and above) via Bluetooth 4.0, it include smartwatch functionalities such as a customizable COMMAND button for one-button Facebook check-in, location tagging, remote trigger camera, et cetera, low battery level alert, device out-of-range alert, phone location at the press of a button. as a watch, it has the said Japanese movement, scratch-resistant mineral crystal, water resistant up to 50 meters (5 ATM or about 164 feet), and despite its dress watch-like appearance, it is designed to be shock resistant, though to what extend, we are not quite sure. the COOKOO Analog Smartwatch is available in a number of colorways, including black on black, black on blue, silver on black, black on pink, silver on white, as well as a limited edition green on black. the COOKOO Analog Smartwatch can be yours for $129.99 ea.

post-198-0-39683600-1377358456_thumb.jpg

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

Informative as usual, thanks David...

David_LivinginTalisay

Informative as usual, thanks David...

Back when I started with Cable & Wireless as F1 (Foreign Service) Staff, my first 'Tour of Duty' was Doha Qatar and I was a 21 year old bachelor.

I bought a TAG Heuer Chronsplit Manhatten GMT in Doha in 1997  I can't remember what I paid to it in Qatar Riyals but it was rather lower than a Daily Telegraph Advert in the UK was giving the price at (GBP400 or something?)

1359067022-30936-1922.jpg

95_tagheuer_chronosplitmanhattangmt.jpg

http://auctionata.com/en/o/27140/tag-heuer-chronosplit-manhattan-gmt-switzerland-1977

57 | TAG Heuer Chronosplit Manhattan GMT, Switzerland, 1977

8a3b-650b-4b8c-b5fb-18ff1c2f8609.jpg

Catalogue number 57

Sold for 

€ 1,300.00 Estimated € 2,400.00

Starting at € 1,200.00

http://watchesdb.com/inf/23383-vintage_iconic_heuer_chronosplit_manhattan_gmt__1977.html

vintage_iconic_heuer_chronosplit_manhatt

vintage_iconic_heuer_chronosplit_manhatt

One watch had LCD Display and all digital and it's own battery

Think it was accurate to +1 second per month

The other was Quartz with 4 Jewel movement with its own battery

This watch was accurate to + 5 seconds per month.

I would have the analog on Local Tine and the Digital on GMT.

It would bug me that after a few months they be showing slightly different times.  If I wore the watch all the time, by wrist temerature (body heat) would help regulate than removing at night in the aircon bedroom).

This is why I wonder if the 'Crossbow' and the 'Cookoo' might have the same problem with independant Quartz (preumably) analog movement as well as digital?   

This might nmean on the Crossbow, getting Calendar appointments from Facebook or Android or IOS, and the watch showing slightly different time perhaps.  

I have posted a question to the Tech Support of http://www.hyetis.com/home/  asking if and how it can be in 'Synch' and if so How is that achieved?

If only I still had that TAG Heuer Chronosplit Manhatten GMT - I could perhaps sell it, and perhaps have enough to buy that 'Crossbow'!

But alas I was wearing it whilst riding my Honda XR200R around a Motocross track in the deserts near Doha, in Qatar in 1978, on a Friday,  I did a 'Flying W; over the handlebars! I ended up landing on my left clavical (coller-bone) and suffering a compound fracture, with one side of the break sticking up through my shoulder.  

I was in pain and a bit of shock but not concussed.  I was not aware my Heuer watch had fallen off.  Later, at the Hospital and getting undressed out of my Motocross jeans and shirt. I did ask "hey where is my watch?"  My 2 mates from Cable % Wireless who had XR250R and XR500R (as they were taller than I) went to see if they could find my watch, but reported back they could not find it in the sand.  Either they could not find the exact spot where I landed or someone already picked it up.

The special Cable & Wireless World Wide, 'All Risks' Policy for personal effects, that I paid the premium on (2% of Insured Value = Telegraph advert price!) paid out in full as I recall - no quibble as they saw a copy of my medical report and a photo of my collar bone protruding from mu shoulder, so they know the accident was real, and easy to not notice it had broken and come off in the spill when shocked and in pain.

So that is how I came buy such watch.  

It was actually 2 watches in 1!

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

The first "smart watch" I had I bought on the street, at an airport. I was late for a flight as my watch had stopped. This was a long while back and before the age of cellphones. As I passed a fellow carrying a couple of suitcases, I apologized for troubling him, and asked the time. He obliged and put down the suitcases and checked his rather impressive looking watch. I was right that my flight had already departed. He politely asked if he could assist and told me perhaps there was a later flight. He then proceeds to push some buttons on his watch and it was then I noticed it had a small display, just like a cell phone of today. He was able to somehow get a bit of flight info very quickly and advised me I had time.

I was so impressed! He even asked if I wanted him to check to see if seats were still available on the later flight and proceeded to use his watch again. He got the info and let me know. I was in awe of this cool watch.

I asked if he would sell it. As you can imagine, he was reluctant to do so saying it was a prototype. However I was flush with cash and made a generous offer I am embarrassed to reveal today. He accepted my offer.

I was rather proud of myself as I gave him the cash, thanked him and began to head to the terminal. I had not taken more than a couple of steps when he stopped me and pointing to the suitcases he had. His last words to me were...."take these, you'll need the batteries".

• Like 3
KennyF

Actually I'm surprised that anyone still wears a watch these days.

I stopped wearing mine way back about 20 years ago.

Mind you, I don't like any form of jewelry or accessories.

KonC

• Like 2
David_LivinginTalisay

why would anyone need 41 megapixels in a watch camera?

• Why did man go to the Moon?

• Why do some Climb Everest?

Because they could!

Why develop and build a digital Camera capable of producing quality Pictures of 41 megapixels?

Because the Technology and the optics exist to make such a camera possible!

Because Carl Zeiss makes pretty good Optics as Nokia have used to good effect in the past.  

The 41 Megapixel technology, was also already developed 17 months ago with the Nokia 808 PureView

That huge sensor is paired with a new five-element Carl Zeiss lens and a refreshed flash with double the strength of the one on the Nokia N8 -- the existing cameraphone champ. But behind the technical bullet points, it's how Nokia maximizes the 41-megapixel sensor, oversampling with those pixels to create improved 5-, 8- , 3- and 2-megapixel images, reducing noise and improving low-light performance. 

I think that answers the question - you might rarely ever use the highest resolution, but that higher Resolution scales down into much better lower resolutions also - improved 5-, 8- , 3- and 2-megapixel images, reducing noise and improving low-light performance. 

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/24/nokia-lumia-1020-review/

There was no shortage of stunned faces in the audience when Nokia CEO Stephen Elop announced the 808 PureView at Mobile World Congress 17 months ago. Who would have thought a Symbian-powered device would be a show-stealer -- in 2012? After all, Elop had all but declared the platform dead one year before, and the idea of a smartphone with a 41-megapixel camera was an industry first  Questions lingered immediately after: how is that actually going to work on a phone? Why Symbian? And when would it show up on Windows Phone, Nokia's OS of choice?

As it turns out, the 808 PureView was the culmination of five years' worth of imaging experts putting their heads together, and Nokia wanted to get the proof of concept out the door while getting the innovative tech ready for Windows Phone. A few months after the 808's release, we started seeing the first fruits of this effort in the Lumia 920, but there was work yet to be done. Finally, the time has come for the company to launch the 808's WP8 counterpart, the Lumia 1020, and it's launching on AT&T this Friday for $300 as a US exclusive.

It is not just a cell phone type camera!  

It is a high quality one that can be used underwater to 250m depth. 

Has a high quality. noise cancelling, Microphone, so can record good Video and Audio.  

Has GPS, so can GEO Tag Photos, with altitude or depth with its built in Barometer and

Temperature also ass it has biometric sensors and accelerometer.

High resolution camera sensor is integrated in Crossbow with an optical zoom lens with integrated ring flash. A high resolution microphone with selective noise suppresion device delivers in conjunction with the camera, breathtaking picture experience. With the integrated communication center device, pictures and videos can be instantly shared via your smartphone. Enviromenmental sensors allows to record informations like: GPS position, Temperetaure, Altitude, Depth, Biometric information and more. -

See more at: http://www.hyetis.com/lead-the-look-of-the-world/#sthash.Pe7Q9NAp.dpuf

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

why would anyone need 41 megapixels in a watch camera?

Because everyone needs a "MY PRECIOUS" of their own sometimes.... Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 1
fred42

•  

• Why did man go to the Moon?

• Why do some Climb Everest?

Because they could!

Why develop and build a digital Camera capable of producing quality Pictures of 41 megapixels?

They will bring out a 84 Megapixel out soon and that will soon be deemed old hat..

Think I`ll wait till they put an 80-gigapixel one in so I can take pictures like this.. World record I think... Now that would be a MANS watch!!

http://360gigapixels.com/london-80-gigapixel/london-photo-en.html

Edited by fred42
jtmwatchbiz

interesting post david and i gotta admit altho i'm a purist in regards to collecting fine vintage timepieces, none of the watches in our collection are capable of taking surreptitious up-skirt pics on a bus or train like the ones you posted :)  

Alan S

Personally, I dont want a watch that will do anything other than show me the time.

And I certainly dont want one that is smarter than me!

However, for those that do want cameras with high resolution, that one has a long way to go.

Wait until you can get (afford) a 1.8 gigapixel camera and then see what it can do!

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/146909-darpa-shows-off-1-8-gigapixel-surveillance-drone-can-spot-a-terrorist-from-20000-feet

Me neither since I retired. Only needed a watch because I had to work! Maybe if I had that watch I could take illicit pictures of men up coconut trees?

Edited by hyaku