Pre-Marital Counseling & Family Planning Seminar

At some of the smaller offices, it's possible to opt out of the pre-marital counseling.  Just present yourself well and ask nicely. smile.png

correct, I did this all in Tanza Cavite.  The seminar consisted of paying the nun 100 peso and having her sign some papers.  There was no 1000peso foriegner fee at the time and when they took my capacity to marry they accepted just a photocopy of it without even seeing the original which I still have to this day...

The Cebu City office gave us a private seminar which was less than 1 hour long for a 1000 peso "donation".

Not having to return multiple days later to attend a 4+ hour long sessions with 20 other couples was worth it to me.

We we're told only "first timers" need attend. We were both seasoned applicants.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

The Cebu City office gave us a private seminar which was less than 1 hour long for a 1000 peso "donation".   Not having to return multiple days later to attend a 4+ hour long sessions with 20 other couples was worth it to me.

Well that's about how long ours was. It actually started at about 8:20 and was over by 9:30. I think they say it's 4 hours because it's suppose to be that long. She didn't talk much about sex or having babies except for saying that couples should be sexually compatible especially as far as sexual appetite goes. Something about if the women is horny all the time, but the guy doesn't want it. Yea like that's ever going to happens. Nothing about cooking, cleaning a house or other stuff like that. I would say it dealt mostly with responsibilities, rights, communication and interpersonal relationship.  It wasn't all the BS everyone said it was. I think much of the BS I've heard about is when the wife or fiance takes the seminar required to leave the country on a spousal or fiance visa. 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
old biker

Was quite uncomfortable talking to a nun about our sex life... But there you go.

well i guess the nun;s have got to get there jolly's off somehow seeing there all virgins etc etc and not allowed to sneak a naughty with the priest or the gardener no more.

• Like 1
SkyMan

Was quite uncomfortable talking to a nun about our sex life... But there you go.
Tell her no freebies, she has to buy the video like everyone else.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Staff: Please leave this in its appropriate forum: Romance, Dating, Marriage & Family. 

Wolfpack

Family Planning? What do they teach you, how the rhythm method is supposed to work?

years ago a filipina discussed the rhythm method with me...I thought she was speaking of a position...never mind...