Pre-Marital Counseling & Family Planning Seminar

• Administrator
Salty Dog

We completed the Seminar today and from reading previous experiences, it looks like things are getting better. In the past it seems you had to go to several places just to schedule it. Now you schedule, pay for it and attend it all at the same building, The City Health Building which also has an LCR office, room 207 just to handle marriage applications. We went there last week to find out the requirements in writing and to schedule a seminar (P100) at the office next door to room 207. They currently offer the classes on Wednesday and Friday. Even with Wednesday being a holiday we were still able to get in the next scheduled seminar on Friday. You arrive at 7:30 to check in and pay the application fee (P100). It started around 8:00 and it's scheduled for 4 hours. The seminar room had aircon and the presentation was a power point in English. At the end of the seminar they give you an application to complete in triplicate. Now the guy who told us how to fill out the application spoke Cebuano only and my fiance does not speak it, so pretty much a waste there. After he was finished we asked him a few questions in English. There are also several sample completed forms outside room 207. There was a mad rush to file the applications. There were about 20 couples at the seminar and we were near the end of the line and still were completed by 1:15. We would have been done sooner, but they closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00.

So basically, if you have all your required documents and copies which they give you in writing. Yes it's different than even on their web site. Seems they only needed one ID and different number of copies for different documents. You have it reviewed in room 207, they send you to cashier if more fees. Most didn't have anymore fees. I had to pay for processing my affidavit from my embassy to get married (P1000). Then to the LCR Office on the ground floor room 117. He reviews it, signs it and you return it to room 207 where they give you a schedule to pick up license (P50) in ten days.

USMC-Retired

1000 pesos to process your Affidavidt ....... What kind of process did they do that cost 1000 pesos. That is more then entire cost for a Filipino to be married.

So what documents did you need? Just to help others...

Affividavit no marriage Embassy ( you )

Cenmar ( you??? and her )

NSO Birth Certificate ( HER)

Passport ??? ( you )

Birth Certicate ??? (you)

Community Tax??? ( Her)

SomeRandomGuy

yeah  good call. I would like to know this information too.

Not because im thinking of getting married but hey we all make mistakes :snap:

Knowdafish

Been there done that, but in Bacong, Negros Oriental. There were maybe 12 couples present at the most. I was definitely the oldest, except the possibility of the old schoolmarm of a teacher. The class was taught completely in English, and the handout was in English too. The "classroom" had no aircon, but made up with it by having an excellent view of the beach.  :D My biggest concern was negotiating the 100(?) year old termite-ridden wooden stairs that led to the upstairs area and "classrooms" in the Victorian era all wood building built entirely out of mahogany. 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

1000 pesos to process your Affidavidt ....... What kind of process did they do that cost 1000 pesos. That is more then entire cost for a Filipino to be married.

So what documents did you need? Just to help others...

Affividavit no marriage Embassy ( you )

Cenmar ( you??? and her )

NSO Birth Certificate ( HER)

Passport ??? ( you )

Birth Certicate ??? (you)

Community Tax??? ( Her)

For Foreigner applicant Legal Capacity Registration Php 1000.00

Seminar Fee Php 100.00

Marriage Application Php 100.00

Marriage License Fee Php 50.00

This covers both of you.

As for why they charge you P1000 for Legal Capacity Registration. Just think of it as "jus primae noctis" but they are screwing you instead of your wife.

REQUIREMENTS FILIPINO

1. At least one (1) valid ID upon personal appearance (strictly required)
  2. Valid ID of parents upon personal appearance (strictly required) and accomplished Parental Consent (18-21 years old) or Parental Advise (22-25 years old) duly verified and taken oath in front of the Civil Registrar
  3. Birth Certificate (new) – 1 original & 2 photocopies
  4. Certificate of Attendance to Pre-Marriage Seminar by CHD – 1 original & 2 photocopies
  5. Cedula (residence Certificate) with signature - 1 original & 2 photocopies
  6. Barangay Certificate – 1 original & 2 photocopies
  7. CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage issued by NSO) – 1 original & 2 photocopies

For Foreign Applicants

1. Passport ID 2 photocopies (present the original for counter checking)
  2. Stamped or Printed DATE of ARRIVAL (latest) on the passport and extensions 2 photocopies
  3. Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry issued by the foreigner’s diplomatic official in the Philippines 1 original & 3 photocopies
  4. Divorce Decree (for DIVORCED APPLICANTS – translated if in non-English content) 1 orginal & 2 copies
  5. If foreigner is a widow/widower, same requirements above apply
  6. If applicant is a naturalized citizen, Naturalization Papers 2 photocopies (present the original for counter checking)

As of a few years ago, some LCRs started also requiring the foreigner to obtain a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from the NSO (National Statistics Office). Not all LCRs will require this, but most now are. If you have never been married in the Philippines previously, or your marriage to a Filipina abroad was not registered with the Philippine Embassy or Consulate, then you should have no problem getting this document. You can order it from any NSO office, or order it online here;

But to be sure go to room 207 and get current list of requirements. The ones above didn't even match their web sites.

http://www.cebucity.gov.ph/deptsoffices/frontline/occr?start=2

http://www.cebucity.gov.ph/avail-apply-inquire/civil-documents?start=3

Edited by Salty Dog

We married in the church and had to go through several one on ones at the Cebu chancery and the Delaguete church. Was quite uncomfortable talking to a nun about our sex life... But there you go.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Family Planning? What do they teach you, how the rhythm method is supposed to work?

• Like 3

Family Planning? What do they teach you, how the rhythm method is supposed to work?

Yeah, basically. The nun told my wife that pulling out or using condoms causes cervical cancer and face wrinkles.

• Like 2
Knowdafish

The nun told my wife that pulling out causes face wrinkles.

For you or her?   :lol:

• Like 3
johnormoc

Let's get a bunch of celibate virgins and have them teach a Sex Education Class.

Seems legit.

Might as well hire some blind people to give the Driver's Exams over at the LTO too.

• Like 2
bahalina buong

At some of the smaller offices, it's possible to opt out of the pre-marital counseling.  Just present yourself well and ask nicely. smile.png  

stevensanph

correct, I did this all in Tanza Cavite.  The seminar consisted of paying the nun 100 peso and having her sign some papers.  There was no 1000peso foriegner fee at the time and when they took my capacity to marry they accepted just a photocopy of it without even seeing the original which I still have to this day...

We were told the only ones that have to do councelling was young people. We had to go to Ag and Fish and were asked if we planned to farm.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

At some of the smaller offices, it's possible to opt out of the pre-marital counseling.  Just present yourself well and ask nicely. smile.png  

I never went to any of that bullshit. 

• Like 1