Cheap Chinese Android Phone

A_Simple_Man

I bought a cheap (4000 peso) android phone to use wifi from my phone and it only connects to wifi in about half the locations I go to.  My laptop will connect to the wifi in all spots but this phone only recognizes about half the 'hot spots' as having wife available.

Why is that and can it be fixed without buying a more expensive phone?

KennyF

I was having trouble with my 2 LG phones, both connecting to Smart/Globe and also general wifi.

I bought a MyPhone A818g dual sim phone from the MyPhone shop and it works great.

3,990 pesos.

KonC

Skywalker

Why is that and can it be fixed

Sometimes it can be just as simple as rebooting the 'phone, or disconnecting/reconnecting the wifi app.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

See if they got cheap and put at "B" wifi radio only in it.

However if you reset all network connections and ensure you do not have a static IP that will probally fix.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

See if they got cheap and put at "B" wifi radio only in it.

However if you reset all network connections and ensure you do not have a static IP that will probally fix

Hey Marine,   how is your  Cherry Mobile, or was it My Phone  doing?       I would be interested on your thoughts now after running it for nearly half a year..  

USMC-Retired

I have A919i by Myphone and the wife loves it. One of the better things I bought here

• Like 1