American Assaulted in City

Davaoeno

NOt True Barangay Capatian is the local sherrif and has responsibility for Tanods who run the local comminity police. They often have shirts with Barangay police logo and carry long sticks, not used for walking support!!

I know I saw them very active in CDO when there and our Barangay capatin personally confronted 3 drug dealing pimps and told them to clear out, they refused and wanted to kill him. I grabbed him dragged him into the bar where the calls were made

CIDG turned up, one of the three hoofed it the others did not and were taken down. 

While the Tanods might look like police, and wear nice shirts with Police written on the back, and mostly think that they are police - in fact they are NOT police .   

just out of curiosity - why would you have to drag a barangay captain anywhere ? surely as the Sheriff  he knows when to leave a situation all by himself ???  

maybe go see the PNP and the NBI and ask both of them if Tanods are police- i think you will learn something 

btw the Barangay Capt is NOT a Sheriff either 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• Davaoeno

• shadow

• Open_Ended

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many fleas will kill a healthy dog.   Almost 6 years ago I said that the behavior of ass-hole expats and sleazy sex tourist would eventually start to turn the locals to such acts. Members did no

There or two sides of the butter knife. The few will taint for the whole, and the larger mass which is good will be adversely affected due to the actions of the few. Like termites nibbling at the base

If I saw a "lady" in a "nice area" of the city being "randomly assaulted" in the "daytime" I'd probably get my ass kicked in her defense. But that doesn't happen much so I am safe.   I am not so stu

shadow

We are at Our Place now, having just come from Cebu View. Paul is waiting for the lab results to come back in order for them to schedule him for surgery on his jaw later this week.

• Like 5
spooks

While the Tanods might look like police, and wear nice shirts with Police written on the back, and mostly think that they are police - in fact they are NOT police .   

just out of curiosity - why would you have to drag a barangay captain anywhere ? surely as the Sheriff  he knows when to leave a situation all by himself ???  

maybe go see the PNP and the NBI and ask both of them if Tanods are police- i think you will learn something 

btw the Barangay Capt is NOT a Sheriff either 

I dragged him out because the three were armed and he was not and he did not back down.  

Barangays are legally empowered per city ordinance to act as local police to prevent the city police being called out on every occasion, your city ordinance may differ.  

The Barangay captain is very much regarded as the local Sherrif, please note this terminology means more than a Tin star.  i had this discussion with the CIDG who dragged the scum bags down with pistols thrust in the ears. Who said'sir M ike nice to see our local officials are supported', yes I believe in supporting our local sherriff, they did not contradict the terminology used, then again they never presumed to be bumptious, awkward or find any excuse to troll a statement

Edited by spooks

First, I will sort this. 

Second, do not try to act as a moderator on this site. 

• Like 1
Open_Ended

I'm not trying to be a lawyer here but it is painfully obvious many do not know how this country is structured ...If you wanna live outside the legal structure here, good luck and you just might be part of your own problems ...

Every BRGY Captain I have talked with always referred me to the local cops if we could not settle the dispute, face to face with all parties, in his office ...

--

And right, traffic enforcers are not always real cops ... They are arbitrators also in case of crashes before the real cops and insurance is involved ...