American Assaulted in City

If you choose to wear a sleeveless shirt, quite clearly you are a sex tourist.

Hey, I don't always wear sleeveless! I do have some nice well fitting tops. I just suffer a bit wearing them unless at an aircon'd mall, restaurant, or it's a cool-ish day.

Paul should NOT have been there by himself as his demeanor can certainly be somewhat abrasive.

Sounds like a recipe for being beat up. Foreigner with abrasive personality and drunk and possibly thin skinned filipinos passing by in groups? Could be a face saving beating?

• Like 3
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• Davaoeno

• shadow

• Open_Ended

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many fleas will kill a healthy dog.   Almost 6 years ago I said that the behavior of ass-hole expats and sleazy sex tourist would eventually start to turn the locals to such acts. Members did no

There or two sides of the butter knife. The few will taint for the whole, and the larger mass which is good will be adversely affected due to the actions of the few. Like termites nibbling at the base

If I saw a "lady" in a "nice area" of the city being "randomly assaulted" in the "daytime" I'd probably get my ass kicked in her defense. But that doesn't happen much so I am safe.   I am not so stu

Brucewayne

My wife's sister was robbed in Colon in 2006 not long after I arrived.

Needless to say, her family won't go there anymore and because a local wasn't safe there, I simply assumed the area wasn't safe for anyone.

I have shopped there a time or two during the day, but the beggars are the main reason I don't like the area and I avoid it like the plague.

• Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

The only bad thing with that is.. I am not a bad person.

If you check my thread I hardly ever say anything bad about life here or people here and I am and try to be lovely to everyone.

It's not just the bad expats that are the problem. The cost of living in cebu has gone up a great deal and wages have not.

Food esp rice is now way more expensive and the amount of drugs that is around is truly unbelievable.

I get asked all the time and I am not interested in any of it. Sure I smoke pot in Australia but I do not break the law here and I am very ernest in that and I am very respectful to everyone i meet here.   BE it asshole drunk aussie or drunk want to be gang banger.

Just sucks that me as nice as I am that i get singled out.

I just hope you aren't adding me into that mix  james.

Also I was trying to help out that girl on things to do thread and was not bad mouthing locals at all. Was just pointing out asking anyone around cebu what to do is silly as most people have no idea what is around because everything is out of price for 90% of the population to afford.

Sucks to as there are some cool shit to do for those that have the money, nothing cool to do for those that don't

There or two sides of the butter knife. The few will taint for the whole, and the larger mass which is good will be adversely affected due to the actions of the few. Like termites nibbling at the base of a wooden pole, the problem makers steadily weaken the expat community one small bite at a time. But the damage is permanent, but on the selfish stupid acts or morons and idiots; it is accumulative and cast a shadow on everyone. It spreads among the locals and they have lost their respect. The big vial has been torn down and the Great Wizard is shown to be a problem to the locals. Problem is most of these low-lifers leave and their stench lingers years after they have left, but too many have left their stench and it linger around us.

Americans understand this better than most because every white boy no mater what country they are from are perceived as Kanos, so when they piss on the locals are drop turds in the punch bowls we are the ones the locals associate with this small group of trouble makers. Every week come a new load who think the Philippines is Disneyland for adults. Statistics dictate that as the norm any social group will contain 10% problem children of which 3% will be sociopaths and 1% will just be evil. Cebu is a revolving door.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 7
SirMadrigal

True, but what are the odds it was foreigners that beat him down?

What the point spread on that bet?

USMC-Retired

I have seen over the last 6 years in Cebu the attitude of the general Filipino get worse towards expats. It hasbeen gradual yet there is a obvious change. I really hope this guy gets better.

• Like 1
tokyoman

The cost of living in cebu has gone up a great deal and wages have not. Food esp rice is now way more expensive

Inflation is a tax .........and it will get worse and eventually destroy even those with low paying jobs

God help us if the people here revolt and Kano are attacked and robbed on a regular basis

senseless

I once asked where to find fireworks to a taxi driver.  He took us to colon and dropped us off. We got out, took 2 steps, and flagged down a new taxi and left. That place is not fit for any human.

• Like 2
SkyMan

Almost 6 years ago I said that the behavior of ass-hole expats and sleazy sex tourist would eventually start to turn the locals to such acts. Members did not listen then and now are surprised to see it happening now?

Are you accusing the membership of being ass-hole expats and sleazy sex tourists.  (Well, other than the one.)  Normally when members exhibit that kind of behavior they're beat down by the rest of the membership so I don't think you're correct here. 

It will only get worse because you refuse to police your own

You think we should get up some expat vigilante groups or something? 
  • Like 1
SkyMan

I have seen over the last 6 years in Cebu the attitude of the general Filipino get worse towards expats. It hasbeen gradual yet there is a obvious change. I really hope this guy gets better.

Hard to really judge that though isn't it?  Perhaps the attitude has remained constant but only your awareness of it has become more acute over the same period.  When you were a newb it's unlikely you could really discern attitudes as you can now.  Also, during that same period, your attitude towards Cebu and the RP in general has gone downhill and that could cloud your judgment of peoples attitudes.

• Like 4
woodchopper

paul was beatup,,including broken jaw,,for voicing his disapproval to a phils bloke beating up on a local well known girl!

he currently stays Cebu view,,waiting hospital 2moro.

some of u blokes on this particular post have very little else to do eh!

Irenicus

shit happens, in toilets.

:ROFLMAO:

Yet another apt Udonthani aphorism.

Good one.

Half Baked

paul was beatup,,including broken jaw,,for voicing his disapproval to a phils bloke beating up on a local well known girl!

he currently stays Cebu view,,waiting hospital 2moro.

some of u blokes on this particular post have very little else to do eh!

Thanks for the update.

Not sure how to take the last sentence in your post, though.

SomeRandomGuy

with a grain of salt just like everything else on any forum in the world?

• Like 3
USMC-Retired

Hard to really judge that though isn't it? Perhaps the attitude has remained constant but only your awareness of it has become more acute over the same period. When you were a newb it's unlikely you could really discern attitudes as you can now. Also, during that same period, your attitude towards Cebu and the RP in general has gone downhill and that could cloud your judgment of peoples attitudes.

It is all possible however just thinking about service I recieved then and now. Maybe it is the overall Cebu thing not just expat. The overall experince has though in recent years gone down. Yet attitude plays a huge role..

Davezilla

Colon is properly named drinking on the street at night and commenting on the local escapades is a recipe for a ass kicking .

I hope the older gentleman recovers with little side effects  

The area is full of drug users and pimps as well as shady characters  who are looking for trouble   getting involved in thier world is just asking for trouble

I do not feel safe in the day light there never mind at night drinking on the street   .  

Better to hang out in our place or with a group of expats you know have your back 

• Like 1