American Assaulted in City

shadow

Yes, talk about speculating, where exactly did you start speculating that I said all were pervs and peds? I believe my statement was "down there with all the pervs and peds", not "down there where all are pervs and peds".

Talk about calls for speculation?  There are asshole foreigners here, usually with an alcohol issue (granted) but certainly not all pervs and peds.

• Like 5
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• Davaoeno

• shadow

• Open_Ended

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many fleas will kill a healthy dog.   Almost 6 years ago I said that the behavior of ass-hole expats and sleazy sex tourist would eventually start to turn the locals to such acts. Members did no

There or two sides of the butter knife. The few will taint for the whole, and the larger mass which is good will be adversely affected due to the actions of the few. Like termites nibbling at the base

If I saw a "lady" in a "nice area" of the city being "randomly assaulted" in the "daytime" I'd probably get my ass kicked in her defense. But that doesn't happen much so I am safe.   I am not so stu

SomeRandomGuy

IM not sure why I have been singled out in that area before.  I am not a pervert and I am not after underage girls. Not stalking girls there either I just sometimes go shopping there as I have found colon to have a lot of cheap stuff that I like and use at home.

Before the incident I am talking of happened I have never had problems there and I am a big wet market fan.

I am starting to think that there is maybe another foreigner that looks a bit like me in cebu as the last few months I was there I was getting hassled somewhat more then normal.

Last time I was in colon for the first half an hour I had numerous underage girls and sickly looking young women asking me if I am looking for a good time ( well that is not how they said it but you know the drill).

After about half an hour of this I decided to go to seasame hut for a coke and chill  before continuing my journey ( I often go down there not because I know anyone I just like to hear all the hard done by stories of others and be a bit of a eaves dropping fly on the wall)

afterwards on the way towards the wet markets I was followed by these 4 dudes. I have lived in some bad area's in my life and I always watch what is going on around me so I went into the seven 11 and ordered a coffee  to see who it was that was following me.

Sure enough these guys walked past then came back again 5 mins later with a young kid. The kid stayed out the front for awhile and I went outside for a smoke. The kid left and I went back inside the 4 guys came back around the corner saw me back at the 7 11 ( I was playing dumb that I coudnt see them) and ordered another coffee. After about 10 more minutes the guys walk past the window staring at me like; I had well ,not sure what I had done, and made finger jestures and comments in bisaya which I choose not to repeat here.

Was a rather weird experience since it has never happened to me before and I have been shopping down there since I have been living in cebu.

Just sharing my experience. Dont get me wrong I was not overly worried as I know how to handle myself but these guys were not the type you want to screw with either.

I have spent a bit of time around here and these were def bad ass slums boys.

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

the night markets are great there at night    lots of cool shit for sale and just where the night markets are  is pretty safe.

I wouldnt suggest going to the bars and that on the weekends. to many drunk dudes with guns and poor drinking skills.

I Don't do the bar scene but I did a few years ago as I like to experience a lot of different stuff.

Just as I was saying lately it had been getting a lot more dangerous.

• Like 3
SomeRandomGuy

Too many fleas will kill a healthy dog.

Almost 6 years ago I said that the behavior of ass-hole expats and sleazy sex tourist would eventually start to turn the locals to such acts. Members did not listen then and now are surprised to see it happening now? It will only get worse because you refuse to police your own so now you will need the police, the very same police that expats never miss a chance insult and shit-talk on the threads. Karma is coming..... 

The only bad thing with that is.. I am not a bad person.

If you check my thread I hardly ever say anything bad about life here or people here and I am and try to be lovely to everyone.

It's not just the bad expats that are the problem. The cost of living in cebu has gone up a great deal and wages have not.

Food esp rice is now way more expensive and the amount of drugs that is around is truly unbelievable.

I get asked all the time and I am not interested in any of it. Sure I smoke pot in Australia but I do not break the law here and I am very ernest in that and I am very respectful to everyone i meet here.   BE it asshole drunk aussie or drunk want to be gang banger.

Just sucks that me as nice as I am that i get singled out.

I just hope you aren't adding me into that mix  james.

Also I was trying to help out that girl on things to do thread and was not bad mouthing locals at all. Was just pointing out asking anyone around cebu what to do is silly as most people have no idea what is around because everything is out of price for 90% of the population to afford.

Sucks to as there are some cool shit to do for those that have the money, nothing cool to do for those that don't

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
  • Like 4
Canuck Joe

the night markets are great there at night    lots of cool shit for sale and just where the night markets are  is pretty safe.

I wouldnt suggest going to the bars and that on the weekends. to many drunk dudes with guns and poor drinking skills.

I Don't do the bar scene but I did a few years ago as I like to experience a lot of different stuff.

Just as I was saying lately it had been getting a lot more dangerous.

My wife does not even like to go into that area at night since one snatcher walked up to her and popped off her bracelet like magic before she could even react. Recently though she was at a shop there and asked if the snatchers are still bad, guy said no because vigilante groups have cleaned up the area.

So this corresponds with your experience...but you were pegged as a sexpat. Vigilante can be well intentioned but can dangerously misjudge

• Like 2
cebubird

Just stopped by to see if Stew had anymore news. He said it was :like" a convenience store just across street from Our Place.

24 hour place that sells food and you can sit out front and drink beer. It was a filipino and evidently he did some kicking in head and face after he was down. Paul should NOT have been there by himself as his demeanor can certainly be somewhat abrasive. He has a dry sense of humor and things he says can easily be taken wrong.

Stewart was told that his head/face was VERY and that he was in Chong Hua. I called there and no record of his being admitted.

SomeRandomGuy

I get pegged as a sexpat quiet often. It is one of the reasons I left cebu.

I guess it is a fact that a lot of young guys come here to do bar hopping and drinking and load up on their numbers belt.

I was at ayala once speaking with my maid when a filipino was tut tutting me and said something under her breath about underage girls ( my maid is 21 and a good kid and I know her mum very well and agreed to take her on as she is from carmen and is on a scholarship and just needed somewhere to live).

Actually whenever my gf and I and our maid( whom I treated as one of the family) were out and about I even had a few expats saying to me how greedy I was being with two girls.

Ha I am so far from a sexpat it is not even funny. I have to have an emotional connection with a woman before i sleep with her as I am not an animal and don't just screw for the sake of screwing.

But I guess because of my age and my looks I must be a sex tourist and my partner must be a whore.

• Like 5

But I guess because of my age and my looks I must be a sex tourist and my partner must be a whore.

You know, this is the main reason I really dislike sex tourists and have let my feelings be known a number of times on this forum.  I do not want to be tarred with the same brush by anyone, local or foreigner. 

We moved from Cebu over a year ago, and it is refreshing to not have to see obvious sex tourists and live with a local population who view foreigners in a different way. It's a different vibe for the most part.  I never feel as though I am under scrutiny, which I've certainly felt a few times in Cebu over the years.

• Like 6
Skywalker

People judge a book by it's cover - it shouldn't be the case, but it just is!

If you choose to wear a sleeveless shirt, quite clearly you are a sex tourist.

EVERYBODY know that!  *giggle*   :yahoo:

• Like 2
SomeRandomGuy

ha I don't have a single wife beater in my cupboard im sad to say.

How I dress is like I dressin my pic here. Cargo pants and t-shirt.

Chain included as I am left over dreggs from the skeg era in oz.

• Like 1
Wolfpack

I get pegged as a sexpat quiet often. It is one of the reasons I left cebu.

I guess it is a fact that a lot of young guys come here to do bar hopping and drinking and load up on their numbers belt.

I was at ayala once speaking with my maid when a filipino was tut tutting me and said something under her breath about underage girls ( my maid is 21 and a good kid and I know her mum very well and agreed to take her on as she is from carmen and is on a scholarship and just needed somewhere to live).

Actually whenever my gf and I and our maid( whom I treated as one of the family) were out and about I even had a few expats saying to me how greedy I was being with two girls.

Ha I am so far from a sexpat it is not even funny. I have to have an emotional connection with a woman before i sleep with her as I am not an animal and don't just screw for the sake of screwing.

I am not familiar with the area of town you speak of...if I have been to the area...I have not done so knowingly...

That said, I do frequent south bus terminal...but rarely exit the terminal except via taxi now that there is a taxi stand within the terminal...

When I am at Ayala or SM Mall...I have never experienced anything remotely dangerous...

I suggest travel by day...and avoid the night time travel and events...the older you are...the more dangerous your personal safety anywhere...as older folks are seen as an easier target...

I do suggest the malls...but dont make eye contact with strangers...or any kind...just do your personal business and get out of there...

I am not saying be scared...just saying be aware...be safe

Davaoeno

Objection, calls for speculation! ;)

actually it calls for a lot more than that !!!

Edited by Davaoeno
udonthani

this is not news.

shit happens, in toilets. You will find that when some guy gets stabbed in Hillbrow, Johannesburg, that won't make the local paper either.

• Like 1