American Assaulted in City

cebubird

Just got word from Stewart Leyland here in Argao that 76 year old Paul Jones who lives here was assaulted and beat seriously in the city last night. Stewart was called by a friend of his who apparently arrived on the scene after it happened. He was sitting at outdoor table drinking beer somewhere in vicinity of Our Place. Seems like from report Stew got that it appeared to be very serious.

Too late for any of today's papers-maybe somebody who lives in city knows how to get info.

Stew wondered if American Embassy should be notified, but don't know how that works.

Edited by Paul
tagged
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• Davaoeno

• shadow

• Open_Ended

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many fleas will kill a healthy dog.   Almost 6 years ago I said that the behavior of ass-hole expats and sleazy sex tourist would eventually start to turn the locals to such acts. Members did no

There or two sides of the butter knife. The few will taint for the whole, and the larger mass which is good will be adversely affected due to the actions of the few. Like termites nibbling at the base

If I saw a "lady" in a "nice area" of the city being "randomly assaulted" in the "daytime" I'd probably get my ass kicked in her defense. But that doesn't happen much so I am safe.   I am not so stu

USMC-Retired

I would send an email with the details. How he pulls through.. Get well soon....

blaze pontaine

Let's see what the Colon defenders have to say about this incident.

• Like 1
Half Baked

Any motive? Please keep us posted. Hope he's gonna be alright. Anything we can do for him? PM if so.

cebubird

I would send an email with the details. How he pulls through.. Get well soon....

Thing is, Tim, what I posted is all I know. Was hoping maybe somebody in city could find out or maybe knew something

• Like 1

Awwww man, c'mon. Crime can happen anywhere. So, let's not go down that road.

We don't even know if it were foreigners, Filipinos, or who, that beat him. 

blaze pontaine

We don't even know if it were foreigners, Filipinos, or who, that beat him. 

True, but what are the odds it was foreigners that beat him down?

miles-high

what are the odds it was foreigners that beat him down?

Objection, calls for speculation! ;)

• Like 1

more worrying who the hell would beat a 76 year old pensioner total assholes if you ask me

• Like 4
tokyoman

It could have been a robbery gone wrong? 

Someone with a knife?...Did Paul fight back? Didn't want to give up his wallet?

I find it outrageous, disgusting and a terrible thing to happen to any old man anywhere.   Hope he recovers quickly.   Now from that one incident I know that old men are not safe in Colon I will not even visit the Philippines anymore just to be on the safe side. 

• Like 6
SomeRandomGuy

There has been a bit of anti foreigner activity lately in colon.

The local gang there seems to be a bit on edge. For what reason I do not know but I have had a few small run ins the last few times I have been down there espically just near our place at the seasame hut.

If it was filipino it would have been one of those guys as they are getting more and more brazen lately and no one is doing anything about it.

Same as in mango I know of a few guys that have been stabbed and attacked in mango yet none of this is on the news and in the papers.

Last thing cebu officals want anyone to know is how unsafe it is for tourists in these touristy parts.

I watched my local area in mabolo go further and further down hill over two years. TO MUCH shaboo around at the momment and it makes people ( stupider) then normal and a lot more brazen so just be careful.

I had 4 gang banger want to be's follow me and give me the finger and death stares and the old finger gun ( u know the one saying that if they had a gun they would shoot me). 

Not sure why I was singled out I guess maybe I did not give one of their little beggar money monkey's money or something but yeah just telling you guys my experience there lately.

And this is during the day while I was doing shopping for those hard to find items that sometimes are easier to find in colon.

shadow

True, but what are the odds it was foreigners that beat him down?

At this particular table? The odds are about equal, I would say. A more unsavory bunch of foreigners would be hard to find. Riff Raff I can handle, and blend right in. However, I avoid hanging around the foreigners down there any more due to the unusually high number of foreigner drug addicts, pervs, and peds (and combinations thereof).

If it was other than the foreigner crowd, I tend to agree with SRG. Unrest has been growing in the area, enough to be noticeable. It used to be a friendly place at any time of day or night. Possibly the gang is getting tired of all the pervs and peds.

I hope Paul has a speedy recovery, and if nobody has the scoop by next week I will check it out myself.

• Like 6
Skywalker

It used to be a friendly place at any time of day or night. Possibly the gang is getting tired of all the pervs and peds.

Talk about calls for speculation?  There are asshole foreigners here, usually with an alcohol issue (granted) but certainly not all pervs and peds.

Somebody mentioned why would anyone want to attack an old man - well, there are plenty of angry old guys here who often talk the talk, but are unable to walk the walk.  I don't know the gentleman in question, but I have seen plenty of pensioners (in Thailand for instance) who were unable to differentiate between when they should have been listening instead of talking.

I hope the guy gets better - but lets not write off Colon on one event.  I live close to Colon and I've never felt, in anyway, threatened when I've been in that area shopping.   :wave:

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man

more worrying who the hell would beat a 76 year old pensioner total assholes if you ask me

In that area?  Pimps maybe.