smokey
allowable amount.
COVERAGE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
If you live or travel overseas (excluding the countries of
Iraq, North Korea and Cuba), we provide the same
benefits we would if you were in the U.S.
Reimbursement for health care claims in foreign
countries is based on reasonable and customary billed
amounts. Your deductible and cost share will be the
same as if you were in the U.S. Claims written in
English (billing and medical documentation) will be
processed faster because we will not need to arrange
for translation.
If the billing and medical documentation is written in a
foreign language, translation will be arranged at no cost
to you. Our payments are made in U.S. dollars.

this should be pinned in the military forum for all future new guys..

• Like 2
cebubird

allowable amount.
COVERAGE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
If you live or travel overseas (excluding the countries of
Iraq, North Korea and Cuba), we provide the same
benefits we would if you were in the U.S.
Reimbursement for health care claims in foreign
countries is based on reasonable and customary billed
amounts. Your deductible and cost share will be the
same as if you were in the U.S. Claims written in
English (billing and medical documentation) will be
processed faster because we will not need to arrange
for translation.
If the billing and medical documentation is written in a
foreign language, translation will be arranged at no cost
to you. Our payments are made in U.S. dollars.

Well now I suppose I will have to write a letter to the office in colorado, as this is exactly opposite what I received in my info letter when I became rated at the 100% level. Good to know if it;s true.

this should be pinned in the military forum for all future new guys..

smokey

this is page 45 i think from the champva book i found on line... in the champva web site 

• 2 months later...
Hankc1949

Hello again. I did read the most recent thread about TRICARE and CDUH and I may have questions about that issue later but these questions though related are different. 

I have a questions about Medical  benefits for dependents. I hope I am not going beyond the
scope of this forum as I do realize that you are not the VA nor SSA but as I can see from this most recent TRICARE thread the members on this forum are quite knowledgeable.  OK, that said here goes.

I am a DAV 100% however I am not a retiree. By my understanding me and my family are
not eligible for Tricare because of my non-retired status. But they are eligible for CHAMPVA. Now in the US finding a provider that accepts CHAMPVA would not be a problem. But we're not in Kansas anymore. Looking on the VA website I can determine that most providers that accept Tricare also accept CHAMPVA. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with CHAMPVA here in the Philippines?   Does Chong Hua accept CHAMPVA?

WOW, I don't know how I could have missed the Pinned Post regarding CHAMPVA. But the questions remain. Is the program known and accepted here in the RPI as TRICARE is and will my dependents be required to register in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) as with TRICARE?A worldwide, computerized database of uniformed services members (sponsors), their family members, and others who are eligible for military benefits, including TRICARE. as they are for Tricare?

Thanks in advance.

Hank

Edited by Hankc1949
Hankc1949

WOW I don't know how I could have missed this Post. Ok now that I have the answer about the acceptance of CHAMPVA here in the Philippines. my next question would be this? Will my dependents be required to register in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)A worldwide, computerized database of uniformed services members (sponsors), their family members, and others who are eligible for military benefits, including TRICARE. as they are for Tricare?

Hank

Hello Hankc-This may answer a little of your question.Mike a member here will most likely know a lot more info on the subject.

http://www.ojc.org/NL/feb00/champva.html

Also you might find some answers here - http://vets.yuku.com/topic/69653#.UhUoxb7D_IU

Edited by KadoKaru
Hankc1949

@KADOKARU Thanks! This is exactly the information I was looking for. Though the first link states: only The VA Outpatient Clinic, Manila is now authorized to provide medical care to CHAMPVA eligible beneficiaries on an outpatient basis. However, this care must be administered at the clinic and will not be provided through the Fee-Basis Care Program.  The second link provides insight in dealing with an inpatient situation. Thanks again.

Regards

Hank