Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

S & R Membership Shopping August 21, 2013

Wolfpack

so today is some Philippines holiday...no school...so my son and I head to the city for some food shopping at S & R membership shopping...

we were able to catch a non-a/c ceres bus...much better than those mulitcabs...they did not charge me for my son...when I am with my wife...I get charge for my wife and all 3 kids...interesting...so only 34 pesos for my trip to south bus terminal...which makes the taxi ride to S & R cheaper...92 pesos instead of about 220 pesos...so saving some money today right?

Items of interest today:

Frozen Foods

Angus Ground Beef patties (pack of 18)

Miller's Premium Beef Franks (pack of 24)

Johnsonville Hot Links

Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage

D'Giorno Frozen Pizza

Kirkland Meatballs

Drinks

California Sunshine Milk

Welch's Grape Soda

A & W Rootbeer

Cherry 7-Up

Gatorade (imported)

Arizona Energy Drink

Total Bill: 6879 pesos

Then spent about 300 pesos on our lunch...at the S & R Deli...

Taxi to South Bus Terminal about 120 pesos...handler tip to get our stuff on the bus 20 pesos...Ceres Bus fare to San Fernado 120 pesos (they charged me for my son going home)...Choppy ride to out house 20 pesos...

CaptRonn

Did a little shopping there yesterday. Well worth the trip.

Half Baked

Were any of those items on sale, Mr. Wonderful?

Wolfpack

Were any of those items on sale, Mr. Wonderful?

no, they have a big sale schedule for the 3rd week of next month...you can tell they are loading up for it...

johnboy999

we were able to catch a non-a/c ceres bus...much better than those mulitcabs...they did not charge me for my son...when I am with my wife...I get charge for my wife and all 3 kids...interesting

Generally, if you have a younger kid with you who sits on their parents lap, they don't charge for them. If, however, they need a seat for themselves, you will usually be charged a half fare for the kid. I'm not sure if there is a cut-off age, but our 5 year old daughter sits on her mum's lap for free on the ordinary and the aircon Ceres buses.

Wolfpack

Generally, if you have a younger kid with you who sits on their parents lap, they don't charge for them. If, however, they need a seat for themselves, you will usually be charged a half fare for the kid. I'm not sure if there is a cut-off age, but our 5 year old daughter sits on her mum's lap for free on the ordinary and the aircon Ceres buses.

when I take multicabs with my wife...they charge full price for all my kids...even our 2 year old...I have not noticed any discounts i.e. half price on ceres bus trips with my wife and kids, only getting charged full price and my kids are 2 years old, 4 years old and 5 years old...

Monsoon

Perhaps your asawa is allowing you to pay the kano price for bus and jeep fares?

This thread could be far more useful to current / future readers if the unit price were listed along with the items. 

• Like 2

Nangulo

And why are you not taking a jeep from SBT to S&R?  Curious, lang.  I can understand the trip back with an arm load of (well-bought) groceries.  No smiley for lickin' one's chops?

johnboy999

when I take multicabs with my wife...they charge full price for all my kids...even our 2 year old...I have not noticed any discounts i.e. half price on ceres bus trips with my wife and kids, only getting charged full price and my kids are 2 years old, 4 years old and 5 years old...

I don't use multicabs so I can't speak for their policies, but we've never been charged full rate for our daughter when we use an extra seat for her on the Ceres and we never get charged anything if she sits on her mum's lap. Whenever we see Filipinos on the bus with kids and they have them on their laps, I've never seen them charged an extra fare. I guess you must just be unlucky normally! What happened to you today, not being charged for your son is usual practice here.

Edited by johnboy999

Wolfpack

And why are you not taking a jeep from SBT to S&R?  Curious, lang.  I can understand the trip back with an arm load of (well-bought) groceries.  No smiley for lickin' one's chops?

the most common travel for us from san fernando to s & r is taking a multicab from san fernando to ken taxi in talisay...then taking a taxi to s & r...because of the lack of taxi's in san fernando...is the only reason we do not take a taxi the entire time...

a rare empty ceres bus pulled into san fernando today...so we took a bus...

it is rare, for me to take a bus home as well...especially if I have as much frozen food as I did today...but the taxi driver we got at S & R to go home...was greedy...wanted 1000 pesos (normal price is 600 to 700 pesos) to go to san fernando...so I told him to just take us to south bus terminal...

meylou

Pardon my ignorance - but what is a multicab?  Thank you.

johnboy999

Pardon my ignorance - but what is a multicab?  Thank you.

generally something like this in Cebu, although you get slightly bigger versions in Cebu City itself...

IMG_0377_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

meylou

Thank you very much.  Thanks for the picture as well.  Looks to me like it's an upgraded version of a jeepney. Now I know what it is.

Half Baked

upgraded version of a jeepney

Oxymoron of the week!
  • Like 3

SkyMan

Thank you very much.  Thanks for the picture as well.  Looks to me like it's an upgraded version of a jeepney. Now I know what it is.

It's just a small jeepney made from a multicab.  Proper term should really be multicab jeep.  Just saying multicab gives one the impression you thumbed a ride from a passing multicab or maybe you have a cousin with a multicab and he takes you only as far as Ken's Taxi or whatever.

Mr W.  Did you notice any Bullseye or KC Masterpiece bbq sauce perhaps?

Wolfpack

It's just a small jeepney made from a multicab.  Proper term should really be multicab jeep.  Just saying multicab gives one the impression you thumbed a ride from a passing multicab or maybe you have a cousin with a multicab and he takes you only as far as Ken's Taxi or whatever.

I have not seen Bullseye or KC Masterpiece at S & R...I have seen those 2 items at Ayala's grocery section...but I have not been there in a few weeks to know if it is currently in stock...

Our next visit to Ayala will be September 7th or 8th...if you haven't found it by then...I will update you then...

cebubird

You keep asking about that-you really should try the Kraft Original-Thick-Chunky-spicy. It's pretty good for a red sauce.

I'm from the southeast and prefer mustard based sauce, but bought the Kraft at S&R and like it.

Wolfpack

You keep asking about that-you really should try the Kraft Original-Thick-Chunky-spicy. It's pretty good for a red sauce.

I'm from the southeast and prefer mustard based sauce, but bought the Kraft at S&R and like it.

I tend to buy my bbq sauce at Ayala because I prefer the smaller bottles...

smokey

i am bringing with me a quart of SWEET baby rays... i like that stuff

Monsoon

Its in every major grocery in metro Manila. Do they not have SBR in cebu? 

Wolfpack

never heard of it...

http://www.sweetbabyrays.com/Sauce.aspx

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

cebubird

In S&R yesterday(27th)BIGG stock of milk, Calif Sunshine, Cebu Fresh, and Pure and Best

Had supply of those nice bagged salads as well.

Wolfpack

In S&R yesterday(27th)BIGG stock of milk, Calif Sunshine, Cebu Fresh, and Pure and Best

Had supply of those nice bagged salads as well.

here is a question for ya, where to find salad dressing?

Half Baked

What kind? Like thousand-island or miracle-whip?

Wolfpack

What kind? Like thousand-island or miracle-whip?

1000 islands...would be nice