Requirements for a Filipina on Domestic Flights

Headed that way

Okay, old hands.  Other than a picture ID, are there any other requirements to take a Filipina on  a domestic flight in the Philippines?

And will a postal ID card, with picture, be sufficient ID for the domestic flights?

many thanks.

Davaoeno

that will suffice    [ i'm assuming you are talking about a girl of legal age ]

Headed that way

LOL, thank you for assuming that!   Yes, she is 23.

I appreciate the info.

USMC-Retired

A government issued ID card if she looks very young obtain and keep a copy of her NSO birth certificate. Before all those that chime in better safe then sorry while they figure out if she forged an ID.

udonthani

it varies between airlines. Cebu Pacific, all they need is their ID. You can book them the flight using your debit or credit card - wherever you are anywhere in the world - and they can get on the flight. Whether you are on the same flight with them, or whether you are waiting for them at the airport to turn up, is irrelevant. I've gifted Cebu Pacific flights to girls several times. You do not even have to be on the same continent as them. You need to make sure that the name you book the flight in, is exact same wording as is displayed on their ID otherwise they might have problems boarding. You need to iron this out and make sure.

PAL are stricter. In their terms and conditions, they have the following Important Notice
To avoid fraudulent transactions and to protect card owners, PAL reserves the right to require that the credit/debit
card used in purchasing the ticket(s) online be presented at the ticket collection point, upon check-in or in cases of reissuance, rebooking or refund of a ticket.
If the card owner is not part of the travelling party and is unable to present the credit/debit card used, PAL also reserves the right to require the presentation of clear photocopies of the front of the
credit/debit card and the valid PHOTO ID of the card owner at the ticket collection point, upon check-in and in cases of reissuance, rebooking and/or refund.  It shall be the responsibility of the credit card owner to ensure that the passenger(s) comply with the requirement.

Cebu Pacific have no such requirement. Airlines in Thailand and also elsewhere have variable requirements in this regard, so make sure to check.

miles-high

Although a passport is not a required ID, unless she flies or sails to another country, it would be a good opportunity to have her obtain a passport to prepare for the eventuality (visiting your country, marriage, honeymoon, etc., if you are serious ;)). At 23, I think she would still need her mother's consent to apply for a passport…

The passports and drivers’ licenses are preferred ID’s at some institutions (at some banks, for example in opening a USD account)… Other types of ID’s are easily counterfeited and less acceptable including the Postal ID’s…

But for domestic flights, no problem… :D

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Okay, old hands.  Other than a picture ID, are there any other requirements to take a Filipina on  a domestic flight in the Philippines?

And will a postal ID card, with picture, be sufficient ID for the domestic flights?

many thanks.

Something with the person's name on it and a picture that remotely looks like them seems to have worked for many. 

I have had employees who used only their company ID in the past. 

I have heard from some anonymous sources that even the "Angeles City Entertainer's ID Card" will suffice. 

Edited by Monsoon
udonthani

even foreigners don't have to show their passport on domestic flights, but I think they will want to see them on international ones, just to make sure it is valid even if you don't need a visa in the country you are going to. They have been OK with my Euro photo driver license, which is easier to keep in a pocket than a passport and if you do lose it, is not as much of a hassle than if you lost your passport. Passport I seldom really want, to get out of my pouch if I can help it. It's the most important single thing I have really overseas. More important really than my ATM cards.

My understanding is that you need Id if you are checking in luggage even on an internal flight.

99% of Filipinas also need a bible or prayer book to ensure safe arrival. They will also be pleasantly surprise at how white the skin on thier knuckles go as they grip their setas during the flight.

• Like 3
miles-high

Passport I seldom really want, to get out of my pouch if I can help it. It's the most important single thing I have really overseas.

I hate when they keep my passport at the gate when I visit any French Air Force bases... I don't know if any other military bases do... certainly not at the US or Canadian bases... I used to have 2 identical passports (officially) so I would not have been stranded but it is not a good feeling when I had to surrender my passport without getting any sort of receipt... :D

I hate when they keep my passport at the gate when I visit any French Air Force bases... I don't know if any other military bases do... certainly not at the US or Canadian bases... I used to have 2 identical passports (officially) so I would not have been stranded but it is not a good feeling when I had to surrender my passport without getting any sort of receipt... :D

its normal procedure in france to leave an ID at reception when you vistit virtually any company.  you get it back when you give back the badge you are given

Headed that way

Many thanks for the replies and information.   I made sure she will have her birth certificate copy with her along with her ID.

First time on a airplane of course.  I'll make sure she knows where the air sickness bag is . :sad_01:

Knowdafish

I'll make sure she knows where the air sickness bag is .

Isn't that the pouch on the seat back in front of you?  :rofl:

we took the yaya on a barangai clearance on domestic flights

Headed that way

That might help, her barangay captain helped her get the voter ID paperwork started.   Is the clearance some sort of document that he can giver her?   Looking at Cebu Pacific website last night and they mentioned passport, drivers license, voter ID but not a postal ID.   I have two weeks before we need to travel and I'd hate to get there at the airport and find out they won't let her on the plane!  Might have her call or visit their local office or the airport to check.