Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

What to do when REAL Human Trafficking is suspected?

Kabisay-an gid

or a keyboard logger 

A keyboard logger IS a spy program.

Cheers!

Ronin

PSA, I snapped this pic at the port in Cebu...

post-8276-0-35604300-1377908058_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Davaoeno

A keyboard logger IS a spy program.

Cheers!

i'm well aware of that. However it also  usually needs  plug in hardware- which is why I consider it more than just " a program"

Cipro

i'm well aware of that. However it also  usually needs  plug in hardware- which is why I consider it more than just " a program"

Actually it does not.

Hardware keyloggers also exist but they are a different thing.

tomaw

As a last resort, you could tip the authorities. Go to the Bureau of Immigration website and write an e-mail to them about her situation. Give them her full name, passport number, flight number, flight schedule, and a photo.

.... I think this is the best idea yet. Also let them know that she is going under the pretense of meeting her mother in Hong Kong.

tomaw

Maybe I am visiting something here - what part of human trafficking are you stating is occurring here ? I havent seen any indication of human trafficing in what I have read so far

...... Right, and a child wanting to to play on the freeway isn't any indication that he is going to be hit by a car!

tomaw

Hong Kong is a hub for human trafficking. She may even never leave HK, or may never set foot in Serbia.

Too many people claim they 'know' somebody, but only know them from the internet, and often a family member is involved in the human trafficking.

.......... probably the first thing to do is have this ''friend'' investigated.

tomaw

You raise ethical questions about actions based on fears without full knowledge. The ethics of the individual to self determinism is something we all would fight for if others were going to be interfering with our own decisions. The problem here for A_Simple_Man is he is not directly involved and like the rest of us is really a spectator. She has her relative's blessings and most importantly her mother's permission and aid. We don't have all the facts we are thinking with our fear of what's possible. In this scenerio it is A_Simple_man who is the rebel and out of step with the family. A casual search on the internet does throw up Filipinas married and living in Serbia who have normal lives.

You can be cautionary with fears but to make a decision based on fear alone well I can't see any member advocating that action. I need to know more before I can act and the family quite rightly can tell me to mind my own business. A_Simple_Man has expressed his concerns to both family and the forum and the family have shut him out I can't see what more he can do without knowing all the details of the man and his intentions and he is prevented from knowing them. I can't see acting on a suspicion alone is fully justified. If she is prevented from going and the family blames him he could be in a world of hurt for the rest of his life. A principle of self preservation comes into play do you have the moral right to ask him to jeapodize his life there over a suspicion?

.... The only thing a Simple Man has to lose is ''loosing face'' with his girlfriend's family to which I say a break big SO WHAT! Edited by tomaw

tomaw

yes and as i mentioned it should be the type that forwards info to his email rather than needing access to the laptop once it's given to the gal. there will be no more question as to the situation then, and the methods of disrupting the impending trip are endless if it is determined to be needed.

i would also not post anything about it here if the OP decides to go this route...just keep it to himself and do what he has to do.

This sounds like a good idea but give it to her at the right time such as her birthday. Just giving it to her for no reason may arouse suspicions. Once you have incriminating evidence turn it over to the proper authorities. Edited by tomaw

tomaw

There are a couple of other things I think should be brought up to the girl and her family even if the guy is legit. First, in that part of the world the guy is most likely to be a Muslim. Ask the family how they feel about that. ( They are most likely to be Catholic or at least Protestant Christians.) Second, in the Muslim religion and that part of the world a guy can have multiple wives. Ask her how she will feel about being just another girl in his harem.

T.S.

There are a couple of other things I think should be brought up to the girl and her family even if the guy is legit. First, in that part of the world the guy is most likely to be a Muslim. Ask the family how they feel about that. ( They are most likely to be Catholic or at least Protestant Christians.) Second, in the Muslim religion and that part of the world a guy can have multiple wives. Ask her how she will feel about being just another girl in his harem.

Serbia has a small Muslim minority of around 3%... Albania and Kosovo are the countries in the area with Muslim majorities.

• Like 1

hyaku

I don't see what legit has to do with it. Like his friend who came here before to meet his fiance he should come here. Then they could lock him up for consorting with a minor. The family have no religious values to speak of. They kicked the church off their land.

tomaw

Her mother is an OFW in Hong Kong. If she tells the guy that she wants to meet her mother at the H.K. Airport and spend some time with her and he somehow wants to prevent that from happening, that should be a major red flag to even her.

smokey

.... The only thing a Simple Man has to lose is ''loosing face'' with his girlfriend's family to which I say a break big SO WHAT!

you mean loosing face or getting stabbed at a family gathering,,,  to some marrying a foreigner is like winning the lotto and to them he is trying to destroy their winning ticket ... i am glad its not me especially after being told to mind his own business 

• Like 2

njb

What about ask ABS-CBN news to look in to it if there is any meat on he bone they would love to dig into it and they have the resources to do it and l for 1 i sure they would love to look in to it