Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

What to do when REAL Human Trafficking is suspected?

TorJay

She will never make it past the airport check in counter! BI officials interview all Philipinos that might seem suspicious, besides the fact she is still a minor, this Serbian Einstien will be charged with violating about 10 laws.

and who is going to charge this so-called Serb?  You?

TorJay

Don,t you just hate it when you see something is about to wrong and can,t do a dam thing about it

Yes.  And, this is one of those "somethings".

• Like 1

TorJay

that she has only met on line

Has she even SEEN this guy online?  I cant even begin to tell you how many "women" have professed their love for me online without us ever seeing anything other than the typed word.

This is almost guaranteed to go wrong.  But, nobody will ever know exactly what happened to her after she goes because she most certainly won't be reporting back.

Edited by TorJay

Davaoeno

Yes.  And, this is one of those "somethings".

maybe, or maybe not.  We dont know the guy and we dont know his circs.  But we do know he is a friend of a friend [ which is probably more than the relationship which many of us had with our wives or gfs before me met them ]

Hopefully he is an honorable guy and will make her happy .  Many girls here at age 17 - almost 18- have been prepped [ and prepping] for marriage for several years.  She obviously wont change her mind, and her family is supporting her decision, so I think she should be allowed to make her own decision and not treated like an imbecile  [ with everyone here  fantasizing about  with the worst case scenarios possible ]

• Like 1

TorJay

maybe, or maybe not. We dont know the guy and we dont know his circs. But we do know he is a friend of a friend

Time to give your head a shake Ian.

Davaoeno

Time to give your head a shake Ian.

just because she is 17 and a female does not mean that some online  guys  who dont know her and dont know the serbian friend should be making her decisions about how she should be conducting her life. 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1

A_Simple_Man

I think she should be allowed to make her own decision and not treated like an imbecile  

I am forced to agree with you.  I do think she is acting like an imbecile but I am forced to agree that it is her decision.

dont know the serbian friend

Yep, not even allowed to meet him on line.  Funny thing is, if he had been interested in getting to know me I would have 'met' him online.  But think about it, he does not WANT anyone to know him.  Someone might just talk her out of it.  Kind of different from the guys I know who would really appreciate someone with 'boots on the ground' telling him if she is a good girl or a scammer.

But we do know he is a friend of a friend [ which is probably more than the relationship which many of us had with our wives or gfs before me met them ]

Good point, and I am willing to suspend disbelief because of that point.  However I have been 'told' that he is a friend of a friend but that part is purposely vague and that may just be a cover up to justify sending the kid half way around the world to meet an Internet Persona.  Or I may be letting my skepticism run away with me.

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 2

quit_yume

so many red flags and no green ones.   this cant turn out well.  

• Like 2

A_Simple_Man

this cant turn out well.

Who knows, maybe one of the single Casanova's will be curious and come out to the province to sweep this spoiled kid, er I mean beautiful young lady, off her feet and marry her and give money to the family so she does not need to leave home. . . . Yeah, right, this is unlikely to turn out well.

Davaoeno

Yeah, right, this is unlikely to turn out well.

all we can do is hope for the best for her, and that if she is making a mistake it doesnt turn out to be a huge one .

some girls here have found out to their horror that the foreigners that they met online and married here were not the  dreamboats  that they imagined .them to be  

• Like 1

Tinbum

I will say this once, and it is very real. If she will be flying out of Mactan and you want her stopped from leaving, PM me.

• Like 3

sperry

Who knows, maybe one of the single Casanova's will be curious and come out to the province to sweep this spoiled kid, er I mean beautiful young lady, off her feet and marry her and give money to the family so she does not need to leave home. . . . Yeah, right, this is unlikely to turn out well.

if he tries as she is only 17, he will be going to jail before he collects 200. and probably before he gets a shot at her community chest

Davaoeno

I will say this once, and it is very real. If she will be flying out of Mactan and you want her stopped from leaving, PM me.

i think we should butt out of her life .  She is almost 18 and able to make her own decisions- right or wrong !!!!!

Edited by Davaoeno

panther

i think we should butt out of her life .  She is almost 18 and able to make her own decisions- right or wrong !!!!!

i,m interested to know if this was your daughter would you still let her go ?

• Like 2

hyaku

Its important not to generalise, especially in this situation.

There are bad people in every country, and good ones too.

Most Filipino families would not be happy about this, I know my Wife's family would never do anything like this.

Yes I agree. My family neither. But if I'm not wrong the people the topic poster mentions are also my neighbors. Sad to say I see little common sense from what are supposed to be responsible adults.

Edited by hyaku