Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

What to do when REAL Human Trafficking is suspected?

Headshot

...... if I were in his shoes I'd want to be shunned from the family. If his wife sides with the family against him and he's got a whole other problem but with his wife not the family.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I would hate to be in that situation. However, if he loves his wife, he may want to try to reconcile their differences and not just totally abandon her (and any children)...which might be about the only other option.

tomaw

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I would hate to be in that situation. However, if he loves his wife, he may want to try to reconcile their differences and not just totally abandon her (and any children)...which might be about the only other option.

..... I totally agree with you, but I never suggested that he abandoned his wife and kids. At this point I think getting his wife and kids (if they have any) back to his own country ASAP would be the best thing to do. Anyway, I don't want to get too off topic here. This is about the fate of the 17 year old girl. Edited by tomaw

tomaw

It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread. Has anybody got any updated information on where the 17 year old girl is at at this point and what she is doing?

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

Has anybody got any updated information on where the 17 year old girl is at at this point and what she is doing?

Last week I heard she was back in her village in the jungle.  Not sure what the future will hold but she did not make it out of the country as of this time.  It is my belief she is 'in the system' now so the proper authorities will be keeping an eye on any future attempt to leave the country.  Nothing more to say here.

• Like 1

smokey

well that is sad in a way now she is stuck on her way to having 6 children and running a sari sari store ,,, can you really blame anyone for wanting to have a life a home of your own on your own land ,, a job with benefits 

• Like 1

SkyMan

You should give her a DVD movie of "Taken" with Liam Neeson.  Better yet, the movie "Eden" is more grim.  Eden is more similar to her situation.

I haven't seen Eden but Taken is a good choice as is Hostel. 

Can you find an online Filipino community in Serbia or on Facebook so at least she has Filipino contacts she can meet there or keep an eye out for her.   

Or maybe your wife could talk with them about the situation there for 17yo Filipinas and maybe even check the guy out.

if he tries as she is only 17, he will be going to jail before he collects 200. and probably before he gets a shot at her community chest

Nothing wrong with dating a 17yo as long as it's dating as the word was used in the 50s and no dimly lit theaters or whatever.  Like as in going to her house for dinner with the family and sitting on the couch watching tv with her and her mother or like that.

Davaoeno

well that is sad in a way now she is stuck on her way to having 6 children and running a sari sari store ,,, can you really blame anyone for wanting to have a life a home of your own on your own land ,, a job with benefits 

There you go getting all romantic on us again Smokey !!!    What could possibly be better than having your own dirt floored hut in the squatters area with your neighbors only 8 feet away, 6 kids at your feet,  and your bf drinking tuba until he is almost passed out at which time he ambles off to his kabits place . Many of these girls here just dont know when they have it made

A_Simple_Man

well that is sad in a way now she is stuck on her way to having 6 children and running a sari sari store

If it eases your mind, know that she is said to have the same Serbian boyfriend and they are still in communication.  It simply means he needs to be a stand up guy and help her do things the right way instead of trying to sneak her out the back door.  FYI she may have the 6 kids but she is too lazy to be running a sari sari or any other kind of work.

• Like 1