Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

What to do when REAL Human Trafficking is suspected?

hyaku

Japanese no hope farmers looking after parents flock to China in Omia (arranged marriage) groups. The intended parner will have no idea she is going to labor in the rice fields to some guy that hardy raise the effort to speak to her again unless he wants something.

HTM

"What to do when REAL Human Trafficking is suspected?"

Send a letter / email to BI in Manila and a copy to the NBI.

Please tell the entire story to them!

The girl will not be able to leave the Philippines if they think it's Human Trafficking.

TorJay

seems to be quite a lot of it about and the international trade does not always involve kanos.

right now I am chatting to someone on Facebook who is claiming her auntie talked her into coming to Davao from Cebu, paid her fare, only when she got there found out that her auntie had plans to 'sell' her 18 year old niece, to some Japanese geezer.

Looks like she dodged that bullet..... or is BSing you.

Davaoeno

or is currently learning Japanese !!

• Like 1

udonthani

BS is the likeliest scenario. She was saying that she has now run away from her auntie and has nowhere to stay and just wants to get back to Cebu. No money for the fare of course. If I'd have met her in real life, then I just might have helped her out.

I did that last year bail out somebody, a DIA girl I met but when I tried it on with her she turned me down. I liked her though. She messaged me saying she had been recruited in CDO for a job in Manila but when she got there it was just bullshit and it was slave labour she just wanted out and ran away. I called her up. Because I had met her, I could tell by the tone of her voice that she wasn't BSing. So I sent her 1000 for her ferry back. Later on when I was in the Phils again I texted her and she actually offered to pay the money back. I said no, don't bother. And later on I was able to help get her a job by recommending her to a friend of mine in Cavite who I knew would treat her reasonably well and who trusted my recommendation to front her the ferry fare up to Manila herself. And she is still there now.

• Like 2

Wrye83

Who knows, maybe one of the single Casanova's will be curious and come out to the province to sweep this spoiled kid, er I mean beautiful young lady, off her feet and marry her and give money to the family so she does not need to leave home. . . . Yeah, right, this is unlikely to turn out well.

If she were 18 I could help out. ;)

With family like you're mentioning here it would be a setup for a child molestation case.

hyaku

If she were 18 I could help out. ;)

With family like you're mentioning here it would be a setup for a child molestation case.

Yes you're right it would. But in this instance it's just a case of pimping their kid. Thing is they don't see anything wrong with it. Similar to another one taking her recently high school graduated daughter to Angeles to introduce them to a foreigner or the older ones saving up or getting loans to make a similar "pickup expedition". Sadly that's the way it is.

tomaw

are you kidding the bamboo telle... even his own wife i think he said was not happy to get in the middle maybe he should give you the info and you can call obama and see if he wants to send some jets to bomb the BF

....... I'm talking about contacting government authorities such as imigration, INTERPOL and airport police. I don't think they're likely to gossip with the family and neighbors. He could also give them the infomation anonymously. Edited by tomaw

Wrye83

Yes you're right it would. But in this instance it's just a case of pimping their kid. Thing is they don't see anything wrong with it. Similar to another one taking her recently high school graduated daughter to Angeles to introduce them to a foreigner or the older ones saving up or getting loans to make a similar "pickup expedition". Sadly that's the way it is.

Still not worth the 100k+ peso molestation case payout that would be likely to happen if someone hooked up with her.

passingby

Key word SUSPECTED not known or proven..

Rule #1 - It can be detremental to health and life to get between a filipino and money

Rule #2 - DO NOT THINK "I'm talking about contacting government authorities such as imigration, INTERPOL and airport police. I don't think they're likely to gossip with the family and neighbors. He could also give them the infomation anonymously."  i have a little experience professionally with the PNP and IF you think your tip is secure I have some gold mine stock on a vein of pure gold just located in cebu city - special price for you as my first sucker or I mean customer of the day. 

Rule #3 - INTERPOL would NOT be interested until there is an official case opened and it becomes a multi national / juristictional serious matter.  INTERPOL does NOT run cases in a country - that is the local / national police job.

"even his own wife i think he said was not happy to get in the middle" - I have seen foreigners with the best of intentions get really burned or having to leave an area or country because they got involved in a local matter.  There ARE times to leave alone what we do NOT understand and yes - YOUR understanding may NOT be what the local people of the area understand. 

After living in Asai over 30 years and working at times with such matters officially I have seen the problems some people bring upon them selves. 

• Like 1

tomaw

One other idea that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is to fight fire with fire. Introduce her to some other young foreigners that she may want to get to know. She and her family may forget all about the Surb guy if they got what they think is a rich young foreigner already in their presence to take his place.

• Like 1

T.S.

One other idea that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is to fight fire with fire. Introduce her to some other young foreigners that she may want to get to know. She and her family may forget all about the Surb guy if they got what they think is a rich young foreigner already in their presence to take his place.

I would not introduce any friends or acquaintances that I actually like to that family. The greed that makes them all fine with the current situation involving this girl is not an appealing trait.

• Like 3

A_Simple_Man

One other idea that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is to fight fire with fire. Introduce her to some other young foreigners that she may want to get to know

When you reread the thread you will see it has been mentioned and rejected due to her being 17 (running 18).  There is also some part of the thread that says she has gone to Manila to take care of all the proper documents so it looks like this particular girl is a non-issue now as she will be 'in the system'.

Again, I would like to thank all the well meaning people who participated in this thread.  It shows me that people on this forum are basically good.

• Like 1

tomaw

How about contacting the GMA TV station?

I think they have a program similar to the Nightline and have them make a featured program to protect Filipinas from potential human trafficking…

They can give her a 15-min fame and possiblly some monetary rewards, so she may go for it and fly all the way to Serbia, while the officers from PNP, DSWP, NBI, Interpol, EU, UN, NPO, etc. and the TV crew shadowing her to possibly expose an organized human trafficking group…

..... this sounds like a good idea but why not ''Nightline itself'' or ''60 Minutes''? American television networks have deeper pockets to work with.

tomaw

I really don't think you fully understand the dynamics of a Filipino family. Since Simple Man has already voiced his objections to the family and was basically told to mind his own business, If she is prevented from leaving the Philippines (for any reason) he will be blamed. Do you know what shunning is? The Amish have nothing on Filipinos when it comes to shunning, and doing anything at this point could risk his own marriage. Everybody hopes it works out for the girl, but her mother (and the rest of the family...including Simple Man's wife) has sided with her on this decision. Simple Man really has no choice but to just hope the family is right...regardless of his gut feelings.

...... if I were in his shoes I'd want to be shunned from the family. I wouldn't want to be a part of a family that sells their own daughter into slavery. I'm still trying to decide if they're evil or just plain stupid. If his wife sides with the family against him he's got a whole other problem but with his wife not the family. Edited by tomaw