SS Cards arrived

USMC-Retired

KUDOS again to the US Embassy Manila and Cebu. I waited till the visa was approved to get down and apply for SS Cards. That and just real busy.

Anyways went there on 2 August 2013 applied for SS cards for my two sons. They were recieved in Texas 19 August 2013. Amazing how well this system works.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

At their ages, do they need them for any reason other than when filling income taxes?

enoonmai

At their ages, do they need them for any reason other than when filling income taxes?

Dependent benefits, if they're eligible.

cebubird

Nope---All you need is the number. Our child's was mailed to us thru Philippine mail and we never received it. At a SS outreach, I asked the American who was in charge that day about applying for duplicate, and he said-just forget about/don't worry about it and he gave us the number and said that is all needed unless/untill he is entering college or something like that.

USMC-Retired

There are dome military things healthcare, VA benifits, and so on. Mostly tax related.