Those mosquito light zappers - do they work?

BobX

Off works well, even if you water it down and spray on. Its deet and will kill them too.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USCebuana

• Kabisay-an gid

• BobX

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ace Hardware carries door sweeps which will stop critters from crawling under the door.  If you have aircon, it will also almost eliminate cool air flowing outside, under the door, and should reduce y

kinda,i and my gf both wear pjamas with footies and a hoodie,take a look.   _________________

how about netting for the bed?

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

when i was in military and stationed in Puerto Rico i lived in a open bay barracks with moveable partitions separating me from all the other soldiers,open windows and no aircon,mosquiteos very bad.Heres what i did as they loved to bite my ankles,face and neck.Bought cans of OFF mosqto repellant and sprayed my ankles before lights out.Then i took clean pair of underwear and sprayed it with OFF and put underwear over my head covering my face  and neck.Then i turned on a fan and blew from feet up.No problems anymore,i dont reccomend that for today as a net would be much better but back in the military we improvised.

you still wear underwear on your head though .. don't ya

• Like 2

i have  a big problem here with them 

i use the coil even during day but only works some times

at night baygon but it runs out to fast and coil i cant breath with 

we sleep with the door open and screen on windows but they will find its way even second floor 

this is like a flood zone here so always plenty of water around for them to have fun in 

not sure what to do any more :(

screen over bed is less air and annoying as well 

i have a problem breathing :(

i have  a big problem here with them 

i use the coil even during day but only works some times

at night baygon but it runs out to fast and coil i cant breath with 

we sleep with the door open and screen on windows but they will find its way even second floor 

this is like a flood zone here so always plenty of water around for them to have fun in 

not sure what to do any more :(

screen over bed is less air and annoying as well 

i have a problem breathing :(

i,d move somewhere else thats for sure 

• Like 2

The ones with a fan seem to get mosquitoes - I had one like that while I was living in PH, and it helped a lot. The hardest part was trying to get the girls to leave it on even though "it was wasting current".

throttleplate

you still wear underwear on your head though .. don't ya

kinda,i and my gf both wear pjamas with footies and a hoodie,take a look.

1011193582_74d9b735a2_o.jpg

Edited by throttleplate
  • Like 3

They work well if you buy one which utilizes an octenol attractant. The light itself won't attract mosquitos, but the octenol definitely will.

any suggestions where to obtain this octenol....

Spray the room with Baygon a few hours before you sleep and close the door. They congregate in CR daytime. I do this if I'm staying somewhere.

thebob

I sleep under a net. If there are mossis around we burn coco husks. Both of my places are open without screens.

USMC-Retired

We attack it three fold and it works. We have the 30 day liquid baygone going. Then the pads before we sleep are changed by baygone. Finally we burn coils.

Kabisay-an gid

any suggestions where to obtain this octenol....

It usually comes with the bug zapper. So shop around for a model that includes some sort of octenol dispenser. Typically sold in home & garden stores, hardware stores and large department stores.

I love mine, because it kills mosquitos without me having to apply chemicals to my skin, or breathe chemicals.

Nets only keep mosquitos off you and don't kill them, so they can continue to breed and multiply. Devices that emit smoke merely drive them away and don't kill them, so again they can breed and multiply.

If you can't find a model that includes octenol - tie a small strip of cloth with human sweat on it, to the zapper.

• Like 2

f you can't find a model that includes octenol - tie a small strip of cloth with human sweat on it, to the zapper.

I understand what you say.

thank you

Thanks for the replies in this thread, I've had a few nights now with no bites.  I've gone the Baygon heated pad route, with liberal spraying of the rooms upstairs.

Skywalker

Apparently newspapers are going to be a thing of the past, and news media will be tablet based.

Swatting Mosquitos with the iPad might work out expensive.

• Like 1