2 r 2 many...

miles-high

Well I am not in Cebu too often, once in every 4 to 5 weeks and only stay there 2 to 3 days at a time.

Yet I have already seen 2 ferry tragedies this year… I was taking a fast ferry to Bohol, saw a burning ferry, our vessel stopped see if rescue was needed… I heard several passenger died… Then, last week off SCR… All I can say is RIP.

I was planning to take the Western Maritime Highway to Cebu later next month... we would need to take RORO’s at least 4 times… now I am not sure of maritime safety…

We had to go to the Gaisano Grand area 4 times during this trip, weekdays and weekends, night and day time… If they are driving ships like that, I wouldn’t take ferry any more…

I have been to Bohol three times this year by a small Cessna… That seems a preferred, safer mode of transportation…

Oh, well, we can’t stay at home all the time…

Alan S

Reading the press reports, it seems that local airlines are not as safe as they should be either.

Ferries are, all too often, a disaster.

The roads are a mess and crashes commonplace.

Perhaps staying at home is the only safe-(ish) option!

Buddy, the safest time to take a ferry is after an accident.  Memos will be written, safety manuals dusted off, health and safety meetings will be done, the first time in years. 

For the next 3 months.

Then everyone will revert back to the old ways.  2Go will make damn sure that they are not in the news for 2 sinkings in a few months.

Enjoy your safety while you have it.

My girlfriend is making the trip to Cagayan de Oro later on in the week.  I will see her off at the wharf, won't be able to sleep until she's safely off the rust bucket.  Giving her a torch and telling her to "not be a hero".

But it's still the safest time to take a ferry, especially 2Go.

I would rather jump from a boat than a plane thats for sure. I am sure the risk factor must be less than road transport as well. Got left by a dive boat a few times. Not much fun when a flash storm comes up and the boat has gone back because they didnt even count how many divers were on board!

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Buddy, the safest time to take a ferry is after an accident.  Memos will be written, safety manuals dusted off, health and safety meetings will be done, the first time in years. 

For the next 3 months.

Then everyone will revert back to the old ways.  2Go will make damn sure that they are not in the news for 2 sinkings in a few months.

Enjoy your safety while you have it.

My girlfriend is making the trip to Cagayan de Oro later on in the week.  I will see her off at the wharf, won't be able to sleep until she's safely off the rust bucket.  Giving her a torch and telling her to "not be a hero".

But it's still the safest time to take a ferry, especially 2Go.

One would think so, but this is the Philippines and people here are set in their ways, too stubborn to believe what most manuals or instructions say.

They think their way is right and there is little anyone or anything can do to change their mindset.