USD/PHP Anyone Else see what I see? :)

SirMadrigal

Contango

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=USDPHP=X+Interactive#symbol=;range=3m;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Looks like the Ole Greenback has been playing with some resistance levels against ye Old Peso as of late, its been flirting with a breakout , USD up almost 6.42% over last 90 days.

I smell break out! Wonder what is going on inside the Central Bank of RP that we don't know about, the Dollar isnt getting much stronger, its treading a bit of water, so looks like the Peso may be ready to take a dump.

Been studying the Asian charts a lot closer lately, also looks like something may be brewing in Japan as well.

Filipino central bank selling the Peso? every one wants a competitive/low currency it seems...lots of risk currency's falling against the USD.
philuk

Have been watching the GBP with baited breath. it too has climbed by 6 PESO recently. its on 68 today. how i wish for 100 it was seven years ago

• Like 1
spooks

Emerging markets were a default benficiary to a nil yield market.

The signs are that the nil yield market will have some capital appreciation in anticipation of yieled climbs. This market is perceived to be a safer market than emerging markets.

Could the cruel reality be that since 2008 the emerging markets have never had it so good and may never see such good times roll again for another generation. So what did the Emerging markets do with this opportunity that will place them in a postiion to benefit from established markets entering into recovery,?if they are entering! I suspect precious little has been done in the Philippines, they are perceived to be laggards at the ASEAN level!! and no indication that they are prepared for a ASEAN "commonmarket" from 2015.

I have seen precious little that shows me that significant seizing of opportunities made by failing and falling western economies has been grabbed. I think the competetive nature of western economies that function better in open markets whilst still serving the "good of all" will once again prevail.

For some ASEAN governments to continue to rely on their success at Human traffiking their own people like cattle, may still prove to be their only card at the table and it it is NOT the ACE of Trumps.

$US will strangthen, western stockmarkets will initially fall, before they get over themselves and remember that there is no such thing as 'Free  money' and that Tapering withdrawl is inevitable as it is not a birthright.

Only odd thing is that some predict that the strenghening in a rising $US will see the pound fall to 1:45.  Is the dollar really that strong and the GBP that weak, then again this pundit predicted today great things for the peso!!

Sometimes I think I may be the one living in la la land...than again I am

Edited by spooks
  • Like 1
RogerDat

Greetings! Simple Christmas shopping in the U.S. for all the rich has started, so more demand.

• 2 weeks later...
SirMadrigal

Peso hit new 52 week high in trading as worries over Syria have people liquidating stocks, Peso now hit 44.5850 it is flirting with going to 45, lost 1/2% today against USD in trading

Against the Sterling its basically flat today at 68.9398 but is flirting with 52 week highs and the Euro it hit a 52wk high vs peso as well. Things not looking good for the PHP in the short term, looking great for us expats.

Contango

Peso hit new 52 week high in trading as worries over Syria have people liquidating stocks, Peso now hit 44.5850 it is flirting with going to 45, lost 1/2% today against USD in trading

Against the Sterling its basically flat today at 68.9398 but is flirting with 52 week highs and the Euro it hit a 52wk high vs peso as well. Things not looking good for the PHP in the short term, looking great for us expats.

Hardly any movement against the AUD, flirting with 40 again but cant seem to crack it....anyone know if its possible to trade AUD/PHP or USD/PHP
spooks

Time to bail out of the aussie dollar if u can for this year, to US or even Euro and GBP,,,,NOT pesos  Next year if China banking system implodes there will noy be much demand for aussie as demand for imported raw materials will be stunted.

Then again............

Yes I moved form aussie to GBP in May/June when it was near 68 and about 1.05 to US $.  I may go back when AUS  dollar tanks to 45 against the GBP, probably not until

Edited by spooks