Dual Monitor.

Im going to be offline for a few days so won't get a chance to answer questions after this post but...

I'm currently running dual monitors on XP and Linux boxes... the Windows system is using a pair of old Matrox cards ( PCI )... and the Linux is using an ATI with multiple ports ( its a newer card )...

Guessing that you are probably using Windows... the biggest problem I have had in the past was trying to do it on older versions of Windows ( pre-XP )... if you are using an older OS then probably the best ( first ) suggestion would be trying to see if you can do an upgrade... it will help you avoid a LOT of potential problems...

The other thing is if your computer has an AGP port and you are adding a second video card in a PCI slot... if it doesn't work correctly at the start - try going into the computer BIOS and see if you have a setting that says something like 'Init PCI video first' and if so - select that option...

Michael

what you need is a graphic card with 2 inputs for a monitor.

look ( or ask ) for a card who is digital or analog, it depends on your monitors.

when you put ( replace ) the card in the computer, you have to fill in what monitor you want to use when you start the comp.

thanks guy's

i had dual monitor up and running but something wrong with my mouse seems like it doesn't work. can not switch to another monitor. any idea.

thanks for the help.

thanks guy's

i had dual monitor up and running but something wrong with my mouse seems like it doesn't work. can not switch to another monitor. any idea.

thanks for the help.

Control Panel, select Display. Display, select Settings tab. Should be able to set dual monitor there, and by simply positioning the two montiors in Settings, you will be selecting the "common" wall between them. Your mouse can travel between the two monitors along that wall. Other walls on both monitors will not allow you to do so.

One monitor will be primary and that is where your shortcuts to applications will appear on your desktop. That monitor is probably marked with a large 1 in your settings. The secondary monitor will be marked with a 2. For example, in settings, if you have Monitor 1 on top of Monitor 2, then the common wall (travel path for mouse) will be bottom of your Monitor 1 and top of your Monitor 2, regardless of their actual physical location relative to each other. If Monitor 1 is positioned to left of Monitor 2 in settings, then right wall is common for Monitor 1 and left wall is common for Monitor 2.

Note: I am not currently running dual monitor (WinXP), but I did for many years with Win2K. I expect they are very similar.

Yes, went to control panel and did all configuration with the mouse. restarted the box nothing changed i'll do it again later.

cheers.....

thanks guy's

thanks for the help.

can you put the cursor to top of your screen ? if so click on the left button and drag the image to the other screen. maybe this will work

it works in one monitor but when i have to go to my other monitor my cursor stays in one monitor.

my cursor it doesn't switch to other. or vice versa.

stennis1 maybe you already encounter this sort of issues is there any option.

it works in one monitor but when i have to go to my other monitor my cursor stays in one monitor.

You realy got a strange problem there gerro.

I didn`t have a problem like that and I have checked it out on the web.

The only thing that I could find is that most of this problems are happening with a logitech mouse and with the ibook.

Im using since 4 days a brand new microsoft wireless laser keyboard 6000 with laser mouse ( microsoft ) and install it in the normal way with the software ( included ) and for me again no problem with my dual monitors.

Did you check out in your configuration screen the mouse?

He gerro,I have asked the question to friend of my and he told me that your problem is in the monitor setup

he told me that you proberly during the setup clicked on the mirror setup.

If you use the other monitor as a mirror,then will that monitor not find the mouse action.

You will have an image comparing to 2 monitors instead of 2 differend ones ( only with the desktopscreen )

Change the settings in the not working monitor or in the graphic setup as a NO MIRROR then it will work.

( you will find it in the conf. screen )

good luck.

when its working you will enjoy it

hey stennis1

thats what im looking about mirror setup.

thanks your Champion!!!!

NAH!!! im no champ

Im just wanna try to help people.

Have fun!!!!

• 3 weeks later...