Starbucks

throttleplate

the starbucks in iloilo by the SM mall is packed regularly with korean students,also pinas and ocassionally a few kanos.

Headshot

it should be obvious to anybody that knows the way they are, that Starbucks is not going to do very well, in the Philippines.

try especially China, but also Thailand. You should do better there.

Actually, Starbucks does a brisk business in Cebu, However, Bo's, which is a Philippine company, is a strong competitor and probably does even better. It does seem like Starbucks' clientele is mostly Koreans, while Bo's clientele is most Filipinos and Westerners. I don't drink coffee (don't like it), but I stop into Bo's quite often for a chocolate freeze. It is much better than any non-coffee drink that Starbucks offers. Actually, it is surprising that either Starbucks or Bo's can do business here (their prices are about the same), where a cup of your drink of choice at either place is equal to a lot of Filipinos' daily wage. Somehow, though, they do well. I'm guessing they are NOT marketing to typical (lower-class) Filipinos.

Brucewayne

When someone mentions Starbucks this video comes to my mind : )

Great, now I will never be able to go to Starbucks without thinking about Smokey!

smokey

Actually, Starbucks does a brisk business in Cebu, However, Bo's, which is a Philippine company, is a strong competitor and probably does even better. It does seem like Starbucks' clientele is mostly Koreans, while Bo's clientele is most Filipinos and Westerners. I don't drink coffee (don't like it), but I stop into Bo's quite often for a chocolate freeze. It is much better than any non-coffee drink that Starbucks offers. Actually, it is surprising that either Starbucks or Bo's can do business here (their prices are about the same), where a cup of your drink of choice at either place is equal to a lot of Filipinos' daily wage. Somehow, though, they do well. I'm guessing they are NOT marketing to typical (lower-class) Filipinos.

well there may be a lot of poor people in cebu but there are also a lot of NOT poor people in cebu