Visa Extension in Ormoc

easy44

Just did my first visa extension in Ormoc since moving to Leyte 2 months ago.  BI now does business there on Tuesdays every week.  This was already posted a couple of months ago by another member, but I forget which one.  What a great experience!

I arrived at City Hall and followed the directions previously posted, to the office, no problem.  It was right where it was supposed to be.  Immediately inside the door were two desks manned by BI personnel. I looked around and saw that I was the only foreigner there!  I got my application, filled it out and made copies (2 pesos each) and paid my fees.  It took all of about 10 minutes for them to process the paperwork and I was out the door with my 59 day extension.

I have never had a more painless encounter with a government agency in the Philippines (or anywhere else for that matter).  I only hope they don't discontinue this program for lack of customers.

I used this same office for annual reporting. The entire process was much simpler than making a trip to Cebu or Tacloban. I didn't ask, so I am unsure what other services they will offer such as ECC (is that the right acronym?) or ACR renewal. Very positive experience.

easy44

I think you have to go to Tacloban or Cebu for an ECC.