Sign in to follow this  
SirMadrigal

Is it possible to enjoy a CUPPA?

SirMadrigal

I am an avid tea drinker, generally Earl Grey, is there anywhere that sells good quality teas or do I need to stock up and bring a suitcase of it with me?

hyaku

Cebu Metro Ayala had lots. Bit short on green tea though.

• Like 1

Guy60417

If you are OK with teabags, most larger supermarkets (and all of those that cater to expats) have an OK selection of major brand (Lipton, Twining) tea, including Earl Grey. If you prefer loose tea (as I do) the selection is far more limited.

Aji Ichiban, in Ayala and SM (and maybe elsewhere), has a small selection of loose teas including sometime Earl Grey. (Hyaku -- they have mostly green teas). It's mostly a candy store, but they have some tea if you look around.

I like Chinese teas -- blacks and oolongs -- and I was shocked when I arrived here to find so little tea; I figured the Chinese influence would mean a decent availability. I mostly buy mine up in Binondo in Manila. .   

smokey

bring your own why spend days tracking down tea and then paying double its light bring your own 

SkyMan

If you are OK with teabags, most larger supermarkets (and all of those that cater to expats) have an OK selection of major brand (Lipton, Twining) tea, including Earl Grey. If you prefer loose tea (as I do) the selection is far more limited.

I'm sure you can cut the bags open.  :rofl:

SirMadrigal

If you prefer loose tea (as I do)

Yeah I like Loose teas, I think I am going to stock up on some before I leave so I know it will be what I like, but of a tea snob and it is odd there wouldn't be a stronger tea influence but I guess that is just us stereotyping.

Tinbum

If anyone is coming from the UK in the near or even distant future, could you bring me a small box of either Tetleys or PG? I'm not a fanatical tea person, but really do enjoy the occasional cuppa. Gladly cover all costs incurred!!!!!

Edited by Tinbum

Guy60417

Yeah I like Loose teas, I think I am going to stock up on some before I leave so I know it will be what I like, but of a tea snob and it is odd there wouldn't be a stronger tea influence but I guess that is just us stereotyping.

I think you're making the right choice.