background investigation for US visa.

I am currently active duty about to retire. I brought my fiance at the time to Japan with a Japan visitor visa almost a year ago and married. We will be heading back to Cebu to continue the wait for the visa process. 

My question is since she has lived outside of Phils for a year do we need a police clearance or background investigation from countries lived in?

shadow

I am currently active duty about to retire. I brought my fiance at the time to Japan with a Japan visitor visa almost a year ago and married. We will be heading back to Cebu to continue the wait for the visa process. 

My question is since she has lived outside of Phils for a year do we need a police clearance or background investigation from countries lived in?

Yes, she will need police clearance from every country she has lived in for one year or more.