Entering PI without a visa

the.lone.gunman

I have to go to Hawaii for a wedding in September and since I will be half way to the PI from Canada I figure I may as well onward from Hawaii to Manila......I don't have a visa this time but I believe I can get a 21 day or 30 day visa at Immigration at Manila airport. My onward ticket will be a Cebu Pacific from Manila to Kota Kinabalu,  Malaysia for the ridiculous price of 299 php which I can throw away. When  my free 30 day visa expires I can renew for another 59 days....seems workable to me, does anyone see any pitfalls with the plan ? 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Your serious or are you trolling? Really.

Hmmmm   this one has not been updated yet

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=43

With the new 30 day stay permit, I would expect that the first extension will bring you to 59 days total

after that it is extension every 2 months

SkyMan

or 30 day visa at Immigration

Check.

My onward ticket will be a Cebu Pacific from Manila to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia for the ridiculous price of 299 php which I can throw away.

That doesn't include the fees, etc.  Figure on $50 but still, yeah, just throw it away. 

When my free 30 day visa expires I can renew for another 59 days....

The first extension will likely be 29 days.  Then you can extend 59 days (or 6 months if you go to Manila to get it.)

Huh?

• Like 1
the.lone.gunman

?????

USMC-Retired

I kinda thought the same thing as you have been here before and a member for a long time. oops guess what I get for thinking won't happen again.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

As often as things change in this country, I can't blame him for checking to be sure everything is as it was last time he came here.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Huh?

Come on this post is almost as ridiculous as asking "What is the weather like in the Philippines today?" 

the.lone.gunman

Come on this post is almost as ridiculous as asking "What is the weather like in the Philippines today?" 

I never entered the country without a visa before and I wanted to make sure I was not setting myself up for failure.

• Like 2
roadhaze

As often as things change in this country, I can't blame him for checking to be sure everything is as it was last time he came here.

Quess what, he still has to get off airplane and go to little window where man with uniform will stamp his passport. Bingo, what was that? Oh that is your visa stamp. Every time I come I have no visa stamp but just can't get past that little window. :sarcasm:

• Like 1
tokyoman

Manila to Kota Kinabalu,  Malaysia for the ridiculous price of 299 php

Add another 1000 or 1500 pesos for taxes etc

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Actually most visitors to the Philippines never have a visa at all. They have a visa waiver. 

SkyMan

Cloudy, cool, nice.

Actually most visitors to the Philippines never have a visa at all. They have a visa waiver. 

I only did the 21 day visa my first trip.  All others have been with a visa of some kind.  The OP has never done the 21 day (now 30 day visa) so I would ask about it myself before coming as he did.  Just because you've been to the RP doesn't make you an expert at all aspects of the RP so I hardly consider it trolling to ask.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have traveled to the Philippines 3 times - the last time was July 2010 - I have always come in on just my Passport

I have to go to Hawaii for a wedding in September and since I will be half way to the PI from Canada I figure I may as well onward from Hawaii to Manila......I don't have a visa this time but I believe I can get a 21 day or 30 day visa at Immigration at Manila airport. My onward ticket will be a Cebu Pacific from Manila to Kota Kinabalu,  Malaysia for the ridiculous price of 299 php which I can throw away. When  my free 30 day visa expires I can renew for another 59 days....seems workable to me, does anyone see any pitfalls with the plan ? 

When, if ever, are you planning on returning to Canada?  If it is within the next 6-12 months you don't need a throw away - just get a R/T