my girlfriend only allows me to drink 2 beers

throttleplate

When i met my girlfriend,after many trials with other girls whom i disliked for various reasons,we had a talk before we even went out on a date.I met her at her work and after a few times of dropping by i asked her if she would like to go out on her off day.She told me right there she doesnt like a guy whom drinks and smokes,i told her the truth that i am a 4 beer a week guy and dont smoke.She said she would think about going on date and would let me know in 2 days and 2 days later we went out.

When we are hanging out with friends and the guys offer me a beer usually i pass as i dont like to drink much especially during the day,but on some occasions i want to get a little buzz with the guys and i am reminded by gf to monitor my consuption and am limited to 2 beers as she is serious about not wanting a drunk for a boyfriend,now understand as i am not a drinker 1 redhorse regular size gives me a buzz.On the other hand after i got all her cavities fixed i asked her to stop drinking soda which is bad for her teeth and she agreed so now when all the girls are sittin drinkin soda she drinks water.

Do any of you guys or gals have a problem with wife/gf telling you to not drink,i dont have a problem with it so far because i am not a drinker but if i was than it would be a big problem.Other panay girls i have dated whom drank could really put it away especially at social gatherings with their workmates but all seemed to keep it fun,loose and friendly.I prefer a woman whom doesnt drink.The worst experiences i have had is with american woman whom drank,they seemed to get rude and obnoxious.  

Edited by throttleplate
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• Davaoeno

• Edwin

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She stated it before they dated that she did not like drinkers. He accepted those terms went on the date. There are many women here that hate drinkers and understanding the culture just a bit I can s

having someone in your life who doesn't want you to drink is fine so long as you don't have to drink to be able to stand being around them

So why bring it up?  If it makes you happy then why would you care that the other guys think you are p*ssy whipped?

Posted Images

USMC-Retired

My wife used to limit my smokes each day. However I have since quit so no issues there. As for drinking the last beer I had I was a some party (real nice house) about 4 or 5 years ago. Paul was there he may remember the guy. BTW could not finish it so off to a 6 pack of cokes.

A_Simple_Man

i dont have a problem with it

So why bring it up?  If it makes you happy then why would you care that the other guys think you are p*ssy whipped?

• Like 9
Canuck Joe

now its two beers.....what will she need to control next

• Like 6

She was honest and up front about her two concerns. Sounds like she is smarter than the average bear, Boo-Boo.

• Like 2
Knowdafish

Now if she dictated what brands of beer you could drink, or the color, or if it was full strength or light only, then that would be another matter entirely!  :beer2:

• Like 5
Brucewayne

My wife started out the same way, but now she sees that I don't have a problem regulating my drink and leaves me alone.

I am a 1-2 beer a month sort of guy and even then I sometimes have gone without for a year at a time.

As far as my cigarettes go, they are off limits to her and she finally realizes that.

With coffee, she gave up on that one after the first year and started drinking it with me instead of nagging me to quit.

She is quite the control freak, but if she finds she can't control me, she settles down and finds something else to do.

• Like 5
Knowdafish

She is quite the control freak, but if she finds she can't control me, she settles down and finds something else to do.

:ROFLMAO:

It's a reasonable request. My wife and I look out for each other when it comes to drinking, we can go weeks or a month without drinking, but can also demolish a bottle of wine between us when we do relax. I definitely wouldn't want my children seeing me drink. 2 beers a fair agreement, and in relationships you do need to setup limits and boundaries between yourselves.

Brucewayne

:ROFLMAO:

My wife knows I am not "under the skirt" and she gave me permission to say that.

• Like 2
Canuck Joe

She stated it before they dated that she did not like drinkers. He accepted those terms went on the date. There are many women here that hate drinkers and understanding the culture just a bit I can see why. Her demand was made before moving forward. So I do not see it as a control issue.

good point, I guess its what OP signed up for then

Mandingo

Honestly, I'd go find another woman to date or your balls will be in her purse in no time at all.