Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

Grand Gaisano Carcar August 11th, 2013

Wolfpack

so we were out of ketchup...not sure how that happens...I store so much food in this house...but it did...so I head to Grand Gaisano Carcar...because I did not feel like going all the way to the city for ketchup...

no trip into a grocery store is ever gonna stop at just one item...life just does not work that way...

so here are some items of interest...from Grand Gaisano Carcar

Hunt's Ketchup...last one in stock...hate buying last one in stock, makes me feel like something was wrong with it...they did not have Heintz Ketchup...

RUFFLES Original Potato Chips

Turkey Spam

Prego Pasta sauce...they had two different sizes in glass jars...I took the little one for about 120 pesos or so...cause noone else in the house likes it...

Kellog's Frosties

Orville Redenbacher's movie theater butter GOURMET POPPING CORN...in POP UP BOWL bags (3)

SAN REMO ANGEL HAIR SPAGHETTI

Reynolds Wrap ALUMINUM FOIL...16 METERS LONG

McCORMICK Hot & Spicy Chicken Marinade

McCORMICK Lemon & Pepper Chicken Marinade

LISTERINE TOTAL CARE...250 mL

various local fruits and veggies...

I was not in need of cooking oil...but noticed they had Crisco Canola Oil in stock...good to know for future reference...

so running out of ketchup turned into a 2600 pesos trip to Carcar...and another 500 pesos at Jollibee...cause I never get away with going to Carcar without stopping at Jollibee...

Edited by Mr. Wonderful
  • Like 2

smokey

Kellog's Frosties     how much $

Nangulo

last one in stock...hate buying last one in stock, makes me feel like something was wrong with it.

WOW!  The whole place is growing up.  I can get all of that stuff here in Surigao City, except for the angel hair spaghetti.  

BUT, I was at the local store looking for some sour cream with which to make tacos,  Here it was middle of July and the only one left in the ref had an expiration date of 23 April.

I can relate about buying the last on the shelf.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

Kellog's Frosties     how much $

if you have to ask how much, you probably cant afford it, lol

seriously though...80 pesos...but dont ask me the exact size...it was not the real tiny ones...but not much bigger either...

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

cebubird

Mr. wonderful, where do you live?

redman69

My girl lives in Carcar but a little south the town is Called Bowlinwon where the elementary school is. but I have never been to the gasino. But you are right the kids love Jolliebees. And French fries. they do not like the sundaes. I like the creamy soup but not the noodles that much.  Cebubird lives a little farther south and I am sure that is why he is asking. I have heard the robinson in Talisay has almost anything you want but the old lady loves SM mega, Movie and dinner. I think the Robinson is called a hyper mart.  the old lady will have a house in the area in the next year of so. Hope to meet you some day. I have heard of A/A in the south at the Cebu redemporist church. I am a friend of Bill

• Like 2

Wolfpack

Mr. wonderful, where do you live?

san fernando

cebubird

You know I thought when that new Gaisano was finished there in 2car, that it would eliminate some of my long drives to the city, but it seems to me that even with all that room they now have fewer items I want than in the old smaller store. To me it just seems like a large Prince warehouse. We recently stopped in that new Gaisono on the SRP as we were returning home and that store is the same.

So much room and fewer products for us "foreigners".

I was excited a few months when I learned that Metro was seriously interested in a site here in Argao, but they wanted to purchase and owner only willing to lease.

BTW, in your shopping forays if you run across any canned spinach please let me know. Used to purchase that regularly there in 2car, but can't find anywhere now. S&R used to carry it frozen, but also no more.

Wolfpack

You know I thought when that new Gaisano was finished there in 2car, that it would eliminate some of my long drives to the city, but it seems to me that even with all that room they now have fewer items I want than in the old smaller store. To me it just seems like a large Prince warehouse. We recently stopped in that new Gaisono on the SRP as we were returning home and that store is the same.

So much room and fewer products for us "foreigners".

I was excited a few months when I learned that Metro was seriously interested in a site here in Argao, but they wanted to purchase and owner only willing to lease.

BTW, in your shopping forays if you run across any canned spinach please let me know. Used to purchase that regularly there in 2car, but can't find anywhere now. S&R used to carry it frozen, but also no more.

Grand Gaisano in Carcar definately saved me a trip to the city Sunday...and the combination of Robinson's, Shopwise and other places...has reduced my runs to S & R membership shopping to once a month...and Ayala to basically quarterly...

I will keep my eye out for spinach...someone else asked me about that today...