Balikbayan Privilege

Majorsco

I usually have a cheap throw away ticket within the 21 days for departure to cure all problems, whether it be the airline for boarding, or Immigration on arrival for having the onward ticket.  $20 for the peace of mind.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee

• Salty Dog

• hyaku

• CardiacKid

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had problems with Delta Airlines for the last few years refusing to allow me to board without a visa until each time I had to give them a copy of the law, so let me suggest you print a copy of

But there is no harm in having you marriage cert on you just in case....

During a 6 month period, I took separate trips from Philippines to Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand, I used the same onward ticket for all of them. I had bought a throwaway ticket for about 8 months

CardiacKid

We returned to Cebu on Sept 10,2013 and had no questions about balikbayan status. The Immigration Officer looked at my wife's passport and stamped both of our passports. The stamp now does not say balikbayan as it used to, it it now a blank and BB is handwritten in. Cathay Pacific is also a stickler for onward tickets. Our answer is to buy a full fare refundable ticket to Hong Kong at the check in counter in L.A. about 6 months out and turn it in for a 100% refund when we arrive in Cebu. Tickets purchased here are subject to a $50.00 fee each for a refund. Cathay Pacific knows the game and the office in Cebu is who advised us to do it that way. 

CardiacKid

Usually Tiger Airways or Air Asia. However, as usual their websites are not cooperating with my two soup cans and string internet connection.

where would be the cheapest ticket to use as a throw away

That has been covered in many previous topics

www.livingincebuforums.com