Sign in to follow this  
ILoveCyrus

Attaching Files To A Post (image files, pdf's, zip's, excel, text, doc, etc.)

ILoveCyrus

Lookin NICE dude....

Kinda off topic but, I have forgotten how to attach thumbnails/photos on her...... give me a clue someone?

Split from THIS TOPIC.

Edited by Paul

Paul

Here is what you do:

First, either click "Reply to this topic" at the top of a topic or click "More Reply Options" if (replying to the same topic) using the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread. OR, click "Start New Topic" at the top of a thread, if you wish to start a new topic. Performing any of those actions will open a full editing window for you, similar to the first image, below.

attach_files_01.jpg

attach_files_02.jpg

attach_files_03.jpg

attach_files_04.jpg

After you have added the files you wish, to your post, add appropriate text above or below said file(s), and then "preview" your post, to make sure of how it will look PRIOR to posting it to the thread, or posting a new thread. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post a reply here, asking. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

ILoveCyrus

Thank Paul... for some us (dummies here).  I appreciate it. 

I have also used Photobucket in other forums......DUH for me

• Like 1

Paul

I have also used Photobucket in other forums......DUH for me

No worries. I would really prefer for members to upload images, rather than to use the image tag to hot link from other sites. 

If one must hot link, it is easy enough to do so from our own photo gallery. 

Okay, I am off to bed. Been a LONG night. 

JamesMusslewhite

Can a 24 page PDF be attached to a thread? If so, how. I try to use the attachment link but is only show the photos in my download file. So I try to drag and drop the file over the attachment icon and it starts to download the file but quickly stops and cites

There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200

I have had a few photos I wanted to load to the thread which did exactly the same thing.

Salty Dog
Can a 24 page PDF be attached to a thread? If so, how. I try to use the attachment link but is only show the photos in my download file. So I try to drag and drop the file over the attachment icon and it starts to download the file but quickly stops and cites
There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200
I have had a few photos I wanted to load to the thread which did exactly the same thing.
Are you trying to just attach the pdf file or do you want it to be open in the post so people can read it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

JamesMusslewhite
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

Are you trying to just attach the pdf file or do you want it to be open in the post so people can read it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would like it to open like a file link, then they could click it if they wish and read the 24 pages of the Feasibility Report. It is either that or all of the 24 pages would have to be copied and pasted which would clutter the thread. But I will take whatever the forum software will allow.

The PDF has a lot of information about the lobster aquacultural industry as well as information on lobster mariculture, besides the information of the hatchery facility.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite

lopburi3

Did you check the size of those 24 pages?  Note there is a max total size 40MB on the attachment screen.  If too much might have to split into several posts or post to a web service and link to that.

Woolf

if you want to link to the pdf, where is it located ???