hyaku

I spent a few hours looking at tablets today. Reasonable priced quad core. But can anyone tell me what they are like using a sim card? Will it be slow and hang? No Wi-Fi here.

SomeRandomGuy

been  doing this for the last  few weeks   decided that the nexus  was the best  and best bang for your buck     its probably the best on the market    and quiet reasonably priced too

will add a bit more    nexus  7  i meant    but if u want a big 10 inch   there is a second gen version comming out a bit later this year   but in all honesty   when u sit down  work out the ins and outs and all that jazz

the i pad  is the best   on the market  for the 10 inch         sure  it costs somewhat more  and u can not have a sim card   but if a sim card is needed then  yes the galaxy tab   but then again pretty sure there is a new version of that comming out soon also

ipads apps  do cost money      androids apps  are pretty much free

hmmmm    its like living in the philippines   too many choices

personally  i am waiting to see what the new nexus 10 second gen  will look like and its reviews   but if it is anything like the last one   well its half the price of the ipod 4    and just as strong     just not as good looking and sexy sleek      

but ipad 4  battery lasts longer   is stronger and has a better display

sorry to add all that   sure u already know all this

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Have an iPad 3 and most of my apps were free. Only paid for a handful and then all less than $10. most less than $5.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I must admit I like the android apps better than the apple one, but then I like PCs better than Macs. Google just did it right with android, especially with their map programs. Of course my Note 2 has a quad core processor and more memory than my iPad. I can run regular internet sites or mobile sites as well as use any browser I want. It feels more like a computer than a tablet. The iPad is as all apples a very closed system. It is fun to use though and the retina display is fantastic for photos and videos. Battery life is out of this world compared to a smart phone. My iPad is WiFi only so never tried one with the cell service and GPS.

blaze pontaine

What's the lowest price tablet someone's seen in the PI? 

hyaku

What's the lowest price tablet someone's seen in the PI?

The new Cherry mobile is quad core at less than 8000. Can't find one that takes a Sim here. Perhaps Cebu? Star mobile is nice but doesn't have the hardware. Maybe I should wait a bit until more upgrade to quad. The 5.2 phone is remarkable. just wanted something a bit bigger in a pad. I've been mac crazy since home comps came out. But I'm avid gamer now instead of avid worker. They just don't make games for mac.

I tried to Bluetooth a pics from my phone to an iPad without success. I thought Bluetooth like the net was a standard?

Edited by hyaku
liquido

Being not that literate on Tablets I see a new Galaxy Tab3 is coming out..Like many people i either use a smart or sun dongle when out and about..will this new tablet accept a dongle sim were I will be able to get wifi? Or would I have to buy a micro sim adapter to plug the dongle in??

I recently bought a tablet from one of the largest tablet makers in china for $120.  Similar specs to nexus 7.  The manufacturer however chose a rather unfortunate name for the company, perhaps without regard to international sales to english speaking countries.  But my Ainol novo seems to be solidly built and works well.  The company slogan is:

Enjoy life, enjoy ainol!

• Like 4
JasonEcos

The new Cherry mobile is quad core at less than 8000. Can't find one that takes a Sim here. Perhaps Cebu? Star mobile is nice but doesn't have the hardware. Maybe I should wait a bit until more upgrade to quad.

They have a Cherry Mobile quadcore (I think its called Fusion Bolt) for 4000 too. We picked one up and while its no iPad its very nice for the price. But again, no sim. Its our second Cherry Mobile, and so far we have liked both Cherrys better than the Star we had.