Hello, everyone. My name is Eugene. I hope to come to live in Cebu City when I retire in may 2014.

I would appricate any information members could supply. Thank You

post-15171-0-11558300-1375603085_thumb.jpg

Headshot

My advice to you would be to read all you can on this forum, ask lots of questions (even if you think they may be stupid), and then come visit for at least a month before you actually move here. Get out and see as much as you can when you come to visit. Visit at least three islands while you are here, so you have a better chance of figuring out what lifestyle suits you. Then, if you do decide to move here, spend at least a year moving from place to place until you find the perfect spot for you (if there is such a place). Living in the Philippines has its rewards and its frustrations. You can't get one without the other, but you can maximize the rewards and minimize the frustrations by making the right choices and moves when you first get here. Use the first year to expand your choices, and then you can start narrowing them down from then on.

• Like 6
Peter C

welcome Eugene. Your home Great Yarmouth is a port at the North Sea, do you have any relations to the sea? I ask this as a retired seaman, who was working on ferries between Great Britain and the continent for about 10 years.

SomeRandomGuy

welcome  mate    problem sometimes with the philippines  is places change     the same places  i liked  5 years ago  are now  not the same places  i like to live and visit    

keep away from bars and bargirls       and  u will be fine     

keep your cool    keep your head        and   yeah  im 5 years here and still called a pup  and green  as a shrub

Half Baked

Welcome, Eugene. You'll get plenty of information on this forum (some of it might even be "good" information):/

• Like 1
hchoate

Hello, everyone. My name is Eugene. I hope to come to live in Cebu City when I retire in may 2014.

I would appricate any information members could supply. Thank You

Welcome. ANY information? LOL Read, read, read and ask, ask, ask. But, not to be a wise guy, why Cebu? Do you have family or friends there? That will make a world of difference.

SkyMan

Glad to have you Euge.  Visit a few times and make sure you check out both the city and country (province) areas.  My best advice is to keep an open mind and a smile while adapting to the Philippines as it won't adapt to you.

wacobay

Welcome, Eugene. You'll get plenty of information on this forum (some of it might even be "good" information):/

Welcome Eugene. I sometimes even give good information myself. :angel: Seriously you will receive much information and entertainment here. I would add that deciding whether you want to live in a large urban area( Manila, Cebu, Davao) a medium sized city( Iloilo, Tocloban, etc.,) or a small town provincial  area is an important decision

• Like 1
towboat72

welcome :both the forum and the country are wonderful

batman2525

You will learn lots of good information on this forum.

Knowdafish

Hello, everyone. My name is Eugene. I hope to come to live in Cebu City when I retire in may 2014.                            I would appricate any information members could supply. Thank You                           

Welcome to the forum Eugene. What do you do now, or what are you retiring from? 

What hobbies do you have? What are you going to do to stay "busy"? 

Mandingo

Hello Eugene. Welcome here and I hope you enjoy yourself learning about Cebu and the Philippines.

SirMadrigal

My first Question to you Mr. Billy Bob Thornton is why did you let Angelina get away!

(heh, cmon I know you have heard it more than once! Why arent you in in Hollywood as Billy Bob's "Blocker"??)

All Kidding aside, welcome to the Forum, Mr. Paul has made a wonderful place for us to all get to know one another, the man truly is a gentleman and a scholar :kissass:

Edited by SirMadrigal