BPI Direct Bank

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Since I was having so much trouble with BDO, I thought I would try to sign up for BPI's Direct Savings Bank Account. It's an account you apply for online and considered more or less an internet bank. You have a branch of convenience for when you need to transact in person. It was a breeze. They sent me a few emails with some additional questions and it did take a few weeks for it to be approved. Here is the email I got after the approval. As you can see you can get an account with just about any ID.

Greetings from BPI Direct Savings Bank! Your ATM Account Opening Kit for your BPI Direct Savings Account will be available* for pick-up on August 07, 2013 at your chosen branch of convenience.

To claim your ATM card, may we please request you to bring the following:

Original and Photocopy of at least one (1) Primary ID.
One(1) 1 X 1 recent photo
Utility or credit card billing for address verification

List of Acceptable IDs:
PRIMARY IDS

Passport 
(including those issued by Foreign Governments)
Driver’s License
Social Security Systems (SSS) ID
Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
Government Service and Insurance Systems (GSIS) e-Card
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
OFW ID
Seaman’s Book
Alien Certification of Registration / Immigrant Certificate of Registration
Government Office and GOCC ID (e.g., Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP),
Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) Ids)
Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
Company IDs issued by Private Entities or Institutions Registered with or Supervised or Regulated either by the BSP, SEC or Insurance Commission

IDs issued by an Official Foreign Authority (e.g., Foreign Passport, Foreign Driver’s License, etc.)
For Students, School ID duly signed by the Principal or Head of School
For Non-Philippine Residents, Similar IDs duly issued by the Foreign Government (e.g., Foreign Passport, Foreign Driver’s License) where the Customer is a Resident or a Citizen may be presented

The I.D. should be:

1. in original copy
2. photo-bearing
3. unexpired

4. issued by an Official Authority (e.g. Local or Foreign Authority that is duly authorized to issue the specified ID type)

You may start depositing to your account after claiming your ATM Card.

Your banking experience will not be complete without BPI Express Online, the Bank’s internet banking channel.  Through BPI Express Online, you will be able to inquire your balance, view your statement of account, reload mobile phones, pay over 350 merchant partners and much, much more.  All these will be available to you 24 X 7.  So, pick up you ATM card NOW so we can start the process of activating your enrollment to this channel.  

For further inquiries, please feel free to email us at
[email protected] or call us through our Express Phone, 89-100.

* For your protection, your chosen branch of convenience will keep your ATM Account Opening Kit only for the next sixty (60)) calendar days.  After this period, your account will be closed and the corresponding ATM card perforated.

Sincerely yours,

BPI DIRECT SAVINGS BANK

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2