What Google Knows About You

hchoate

Use anything Google and they suck up your cookies (yeah, yeah,don't get excited, not what you're thinking, pervo) and know everywhere you have been on that device and much more.

They will surrender everything to any authority at the drop of a hat.

Knowdafish

Use anything Google and they suck up your cookies (yeah, yeah,don't get excited, not what you're thinking, pervo) and know everywhere you have been on that device and much more.

....but they do have an incognito mode.  :ph34r:

hchoate

but they do have an incognito mode

Ah. OK. I feel much better now.

• Like 1
Alan S

I use the internet far less than most people,  and dont use it at all for some important things.

Even when I do, I am careful what I write as I assume that any and all of it may become public.

Paranoid?

Wot me?

Probably, but it makes me feel safer.

• Like 1
Canuck Joe

I use the internet far less than most people, and dont use it at all for some important things.

Even when I do, I am careful what I write as I assume that any and all of it may become public.

Paranoid?

Wot me?

Probably, but it makes me feel safer.

I have always tried to stay anonymous myself, I'm not opposed to tinfoil hats either. Edited by Canuck Joe
SirMadrigal

https://prism-break.org/  It won't save you from the Black Holes that are the NSA and CGHQ however it will greatly assist in reducing how easy they mine your data and actually protect some of it.

There are also various browser add-ons for firefox such as "Ad Block Plus" "Do not Track me" and many others.

Best you can do is use all these measures within Prism Break as well as a VPN if you use security, if I am at a coffee shop or Cafe I use a VPN and high level encryption just because I knew some unsavory bastards back in the day who liked to "Snoop" on people on wireless connections just for fun "And the occasional credit card number" im sure.

Kabisay-an gid

Google has a very cozy relationship with Obama and his administration:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/google-the-halliburton-of-the-obama-administration%E2%80%A8/

hchoate

Google has a very cozy relationship with Obama

You mean like getting him elected.

Kabisay-an gid

They've helped he and his administration out in more ways than that.

miles-high

2016... Are we there yet? We better do something about our net privacy... Are we there yet? :cool:

Edited by miles-high
Irenicus

I thought it was the votes he bought with welfare and Obama phones.

Everything you put out there is liable to be intercepted.  Even using VPN, your DNS might still be visible.

Tor works for the super paranoid. 

• Like 1
hchoate

I thought it was the votes he bought with welfare and Obama phones.

You buy the votes but then you gotta make sure they get to the polls (short attention spans) - that's where the networking techniques came in.

How's this for a small world:

British Conservatives hire Obama campaign manager

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/03/British-Conservatives-hire-Obama-campaign-manager

Messina threw himself into the job with gusto, reading more than 100 accounts of presidential campaigns past. But the real crash course was the future and its technologies. He now had a new mentor, Eric Schmidt, Google's chief executive, whom he had met in the 2008 campaign, and instantly hit it off with. In early 2011, as the Chicago HQ was being readied for business, Messina went on an extraordinary mission to learn the arts of modern management.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/jim-messina-the-most-powerful-personin-washington-youve-never-heard-of-8278039.html

I wish those British Conservative really were conservative.

Edited by hchoate
  • Like 1