Sign in to follow this  
ellenbrook2001

nasty virus THE ICE CYBER CRIME CENTRE

ellenbrook2001

grr i did get that nasty virus on my laptop windows xp now google search suggested what to do or did try all but nothing work please anyone encounter that problem before on windows xp then how did you solved the problem, please do not mention too go on safe mood he do not work ,the soon you are on safe mood he return to login ?also that nasty virus blocked you desktop so cannot log in but must be a way too overcome by pass the desktop to do a restore or will solved that problem any help you will appreciated .,the repaired shop suggested a reformat  or will only solved the problem?

many thanks

USMC-Retired

Put the (xp)disk in and repair.

USMC-Retired

Ok just had to look to see what it was. You have to run the computer from an external device or other drive then from there inject the code to the infected media. However this breeds a new problem as when you are done it may not work again. There are other versions of this ransomeware and just as hard to rid your computer of.

TorJay

Ransomware can be very difficult if not impossible to get rid of.  You may have to reinstall windows.

A suggestion to prevent others from getting this bug:  Don't be searching for websites that you shouldn't be looking at!

• Like 3

Jester

I am not a computer wizzard or techie. But after a few times of paying to have a virus removed I have learned to wipe my computer clean and reinstall widows 7. I now also back everything important up!

I can not help you do this as it is a challenge for me each time I do it, but it can be done by most people, who are willing to put the time and effort into it.   Whiner

Davaoeno

after a few times of paying to have a virus removed I have learned to wipe my computer clean and reinstall widows 7

In Canada i was paying over $140 a time - here usually 300-500 pesos ! 

SkyMan

One way around viruses is to just buy a new HDD.  You can get a 1TB drive for under p3K.  Install that as your C Drive and load a fresh copy of Windows.  Copy over whatever data you want from your old C Drive and then slick it.

• Like 1

Paul

What does this topic have to do with "Trip Information: Airports, Airlines, Transportation & Ticketing"? Please pay attention to where you are posting threads.

• Like 2

philuk

need to unplug the hard drive from the laptop, connect to another computer as a slave device and rid the virus of it that way

Another alternative way to get rid of this virus is to enter safe mode with command prompt,

hold down the F8 key whist booting,

Safe-Mode-with-Command-Prompt.jpg

in the command prompt box type the following

system-restore-command.jpg

this should bring up system restore

system-restore.jpg

restore your lappy to a time before the virus attack,

once you get back into windows use a good anti malware software to eradicate whats left of the virus.

I know the top screen says windows 7 but should make little difference in XP

Edited by philuk

philuk

Sorry i meant repeatedly tap the F8 key not hold it down, this will bring up the safemode menu

TorJay

need to unplug the hard drive from the laptop, connect to another computer as a slave device and rid the virus of it that way

Another alternative way to get rid of this virus is to enter safe mode with command prompt,

hold down the F8 key whist booting,

Safe-Mode-with-Command-Prompt.jpg

in the command prompt box type the following

system-restore-command.jpg

this should bring up system restore

system-restore.jpg

restore your lappy to a time before the virus attack,

once you get back into windows use a good anti malware software to eradicate whats left of the virus.

I know the top screen says windows 7 but should make little difference in XP

You are presuming that there will be a restore point.  This type of virus tends to wipe about restore points.

Edited by TorJay