Retailers of movie DVDs in Cebu

Jawny

I make shopping trips to Cebu every month or two. One thing I try to stock up on is movie DVDs. I don't use blue ray, so I am only interested in DVDs. When I must, I will buy a movie CD but usually the quality is so poor I end up buying the DVD of the movie when I can find it later.

I typically shop at the two main malls I am familiar with, Ayala and SM. I choose to not buy any pirated movies so I stick to the main retailers.

It is not uncommon for me to get the typical "out of stock" response when I ask for even recent movies. However, I hit all the retailers and can usually get a few of the more recent movies.

I am unable to get movies from online sources where I live.

I was hoping some members might know of retailers other than those in the malls who have a decent supply of movie DVDs.

Alfred E. Neuman

Circuit City (if it's still existing) .

• 2 weeks later...

i can help you w/ that sir. please pm me your contact no. and ill contact you. thanks

dyords, being a new member - who obviously hasn't read the rules, you cannot send / receive PM's, except from / to staff members.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I saw a store at Ayala or was it SM, anyway the movies were P1400 to P1800.

With my Roku or Apple TV I can watch them on my TV from Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, Hulu Plus or Vudu. If I want to buy one it is usually from P300 to P700. I do pay a monthly fee for Netflix and Hulu Plus of about P350 each. With them all the movies are free and there are thousands. Most TV series are also available including current shows that we don't get here till several years later. With iTunes, Amazon or Vudu you pay for what you watch, about P120-P160 for 24hr rental. One other catch is you have to fool the sites to thinking your in the USA. I use a service for this that cost P250 a month.

So I pay less than P1000 a month I can watch movies 24 hours a day and never run out. I watch my favorite TV shows one after another which beats waiting a week to see each one. Watched all 6 Seasons of Lost in a week. Watched all 3 seasons of Falling Skies in a few days. If I want to watch just released current movies, I can rent them for less than one ticket at SM Cinema.

Edited by Salty Dog

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  I typically shop at the two main malls I am familiar with, Ayala and SM. I am unable to get movies from online sources where I live.

It would be nice to have online access as you describe.  

Perhaps other members have suggestions of retailers with recent releases for sale, not pirated.