Peso Rising To 37.5 Per Dollar Over The Next Year?

Chris24

From the Wikipedia page on the Philippine Peso:

As of 23 May 2013 (2013-05-23)[update], Goldman Sachs predicted that in the next 12 months from March 2013, the peso will rise to 37.5 pesos to the dollar. The bank said the country’s GDP growth will likely maintain an average of 5 per cent between 2013 to 2016

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samatm

• SirMadrigal

• hchoate

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

F__K goldman Sach ... I want 56 php to 1 usd... and a cold SML beer...

1/37 is a bigger number than 1/43   When you get fewer pesos per dollar the peso is worth more and the dollar less.

Fairly unrealistic to anticipate that the RP Central Bank would allow the Peso to appreciate 14% (rough estimate based on today's exchange rate) against the dollar that quickly. It would upset the BP

HeyMike

Rise to 37.5? The peso is 43.59 today. Is it increase or decrease that is being stated?

• Like 2
hchoate

1/37 is a bigger number than 1/43

When you get fewer pesos per dollar the peso is worth more and the dollar less.

• Like 5
cebubird

Rise to 37.5? The peso is 43.59 today. Is it increase or decrease that is being stated?

When they say peso rises-it naturally means dollar decreasing.

• Like 1

F__K goldman Sach ... I want 56 php to 1 usd... and a cold SML beer...

• Like 5
CebuKano

Fairly unrealistic to anticipate that the RP Central Bank would allow the Peso to appreciate 14% (rough estimate based on today's exchange rate) against the dollar that quickly. It would upset the BPO's way too much. There is already great pressure from the exchange rate of other countries. India is one. Can't see it happening.

• Like 4
samatm

Much depends on the Obama printing press.    (OPP) .    If the OPP tapers off beginning in September ---- see demand for the Dollar  rising and the Peso continuing to weaken - however buffeted by a  strong domestic economy.   

Edited by samatm
  • Like 1
SirMadrigal

Someone at Goldman sachs much be sitting on some very large swaps they are hoping payoff by propaganda haha. Ask ole Goldman how good their Analyst were on predicting the Facebook IPO as well as the CDS Collapse of the US Economy.

its in the RP's best interest to keep the Peso Synthetically low like the RMB in China and then INR in India, hell even Ukraine manipulates its currency like champions as most of the politicians hold the vast majority of their wealth in Dollars.

See Currency Chart below, have you ever seen a more "Stable Currency Pair" in your life? Heh http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=USDUAH%3DX+Interactive#symbol=;range=5y;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Furthermore the USD/PHP would have to break so many different resitance levels to reach that point based on a 2 year chart I seriously don't see that happening anytime soon

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=USDPHP%3DX+Interactive#symbol=;range=2y;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

However, many a real estate investor used to tell me "Aww man, Im making millions and its gonna go up forever" as I sat back and laughed, now said guy borrows money from me to eat.

Edited by SirMadrigal
the.lone.gunman

The US economy is improving ...the usd will stay strong and probably get stronger.i can't envision the php gaining ground on the usd for any length of time.

• Like 1
SirMadrigal

The US economy is improving ...the usd will stay strong and probably get stronger.i can't envision the php gaining ground on the usd for any length of time.

Until the US gets a major downgrade and global investors learn about the PH economy and study it more there will be too much "Stigma" on it as an emerging market with "High Political" risk for the major players like massive hedge funds and Pension funds to put money there.

That is why so much of Asia (SE Asia Especially) is still so underdeveloped, Western money is afraid of the Dog-eat-Dog mentality of the politics in the region, just as many a politician I met in Eastern Europe they are too short sighted to realize that if they lowered corruption and made  a much more friendly foreign business climate they would see billions more come into their country and strong and swift economic growth.

Vietnam is actually trending this way and it is seeing explosive growth in some sectors, a wise man once told me "If you are rich and powerful in a region, the more money the common man makes, the more he will consume, the more he consumes the more money you will make". He understood the way things work and was the mayor of a very prosperous town in the former Eastern Bloc.

hchoate

the usd will stay strong and probably get stronger

Based on? Only way to pay off all that debt is with cheaper dollars. The whole world is in a devaluation war for that reason. The Phils are amateurs in that regard.

They made that prediction in March though and it has gone from 41 to 43. Ooops.

Edited by hchoate
samatm

Put 20 FX analyst in a room and you will get 20 different perspectives and trends the currencies will go.     No one really knows  except  the  Geo. Sorros of the World.     

• Like 2